Xbox Console Companion on Windows 10, Kinect Issue

Discus and support Xbox Console Companion on Windows 10, Kinect Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I couldn't find anything referencing this issue online. It may seem unorthodox to use the Kinect or any game that would require the connect if I am... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FeralDrop, Nov 4, 2021.

1. FeralDrop
    FeralDrop Guest

So, I couldn't find anything referencing this issue online. It may seem unorthodox to use the Kinect or any game that would require the connect if I am going into a different room and want to stream my Xbox Gameplay through a PC...
    But nonetheless,
    The issue is that the Kinect works fine, dandy, and great. Except for when you start streaming your Xbox One screen with Xbox Console Companion, the Kinect just turns off.
    I discovered this while trying to play Just Dance 2020 today and I wanted to Play/Stream through Xbox Console Companion.
    Kinect becomes inoperable when you stream with Xbox Console Companion,

Is there a fix to this issue or maybe one can be created?

:)

FeralDrop, Nov 4, 2021
  2. FeralDrop Win User

I was kind of wondering the same thing, just came in here to clarify since they are some kind of advisor and I was apparently unclear...

This issue is indeed that the Kinect stops working when I connect the Xbox Console Companion App livestream... With the presumed understanding that this would be in regard to the Xbox Product and App features that the Xbox Console Companion isn't actually a "livestream" function per-se, but instead is a image mirroring system that allows the user to take their gameplay to a different room or television within a house.

Though, yes... I am trying to Mirror that image to OBS, the issue is with or without internet.....
    Kinect Stops working when I connect the Xbox Console Companion with my xbox and stream(mirror the xbox) to a different screen(Computer or Phone).

That sucks that Kinect was Discontinued... I have lots more to say to that, such as games being released that utilize it and the whole transition from all the console developers to minimalize "VR/Sensory" gaming functions, but I am going to try to stay on topic in minimalizing text bodies.

I just made this post in hopes that something might be done so that the Kinect would still be operable when using the Xbox Console Companion Stream option. (Which it seemed it was limited with OBS in the past but a recent update made it more compatible)
    I might end up spending money on an elgato or something, I own every console so I guess it couldn't hurt.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

he is on about using kinect and kinect games via xbox companion app, how did you get from that to streaming online.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

using kinect and using kinect for games via streaming would not work, the latency would be insane for controlling anything, also the xbox does not have the resources to stream a game and use kinect, also kinect is no defunct and microsoft don't really support it anymore since it was discontinued.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

It is possible to use the Xbox One Kinect to make Live Stream, but it would be necessary to connect it directly to the pc, and use an external program for live such as OBS, for example. To connect it to the pc you would need to use an adapter that can be found in third-party stores, usually, it can be found by searching the name Kinect Adapter V3 Compatible with Xbox One, One S, X, and Elite & Windows PC with Enhanced Power Supply and USB Cable.

*I believe that only then would it be possible to use it for this.
  6. The Atlantic Win User

Party disconnects when me and certain friend are in the same party.

No we are both on the Xbox Console Companion. Its the Xbox App on Windows 10.
Thema:

1. Xbox Console Companion on Windows 10, Kinect Issue - Similar Threads - Console Companion Windows

2. bring back console companion or clubs feature in the new Xbox app :(

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    bring back console companion or clubs feature in the new Xbox app :(: why was Xbox console companion taken away it was far more useful than the now useless Xbox app it did all the same things plus so much more so please bring back the console companion or at least...
  3. Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...: Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to stream games from my Xbox One X to YouTube? d5de1c6e-872c-46e2-8615-447b0133d214
  4. Console companion is gone, how to i display my Xbox onto my laptop?

in XBoX on Windows
    Console companion is gone, how to i display my Xbox onto my laptop?: It says that console companion was delated in august 2023, i just bought a xbox one but i only have my laptop. i looked it up on google before i bought the xbox and it said i could 100% use my...
  5. How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?: I want to connect my laptop to my xbox one console by hdmi but I dont have the xbox console companion app pre installed and i cant find it it any store.... How can I connect my cosole to my laptop...
  6. With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?: The website doesn't have an option for custom pfps and the xbox app has never had the option. I don't have a phone atm and I found a good picture to use instead. 52c76ec7-6776-4125-a869-8a2143429070
  7. Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...: I've been trying for the past half hour to find a way to access my xbox screenshots (Ones that are NOT in my pc files folder. But new ones that I have yet to download onto PC that were taken on my...
  8. Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?: After Xbox console companion app has been officially unsupported, there are many missing features that I used to frequently use that I would love to see integrated into the official Xbox app, this...
  9. How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app...: How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app is no longer working. 33144d7e-870e-4f1a-bb2d-0f6ae3cc9d5c
  10. How do I connect my Xbox one to my PC to use as a monitor? The console companion app which...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect my Xbox one to my PC to use as a monitor? The console companion app which...: How do I connect my Xbox one to my PC to use as a monitor? The console companion app which is mentioned in most tutorials isn't on the Microsoft store. I have HDMI....