Xbox Console Companion App Broken?

Discus and support Xbox Console Companion App Broken? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to stream my Xbox games from my Xbox One to my PC using the Xbox Console Companion app, but the app on my pc says I need to update my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LAETH08, Mar 20, 2023.

1. LAETH08
    LAETH08 Guest

Hello,
    I'm trying to stream my Xbox games from my Xbox One to my PC using the Xbox Console Companion app, but the app on my pc says I need to update my Xbox One, or the app on my pc. The app is up to date (uninstalled it and then reinstalled it to make sure), and I checked on my Xbox One to see if there was an update and there was not an update. I even went into the settings to check to see if there was an update, but there wasn't one.
    So, I guess my question is who at Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to kill support for local network streaming? I'd use the cloud streaming, but my bandwidth doesn't support that. I have a decent enough router that can handle streaming locally, and again I just don't understand why they decided to kill the feature on the app, especially when I went to look at recent reviews on the Microsoft Store and see if others had the same problem, and people are having the same problem. It just doesn't make any sense, other than Microsoft wants more people to buy game pass ultimate? I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't be THAT greedy, would they?
    In any case, is there someone I can talk at Microsoft to about this? It just doesn't make sense that they would kill support for a feature that a lot of people still use.
    Thank you.

:)

LAETH08, Mar 20, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Well for Windows 11 you need to use the xbox app
  3. Juhn Jac Win User

Hello,
    I'm trying to stream my Xbox games from my Xbox One to my PC using the Xbox Console Companion app, but the app on my pc says I need to update my Xbox One, or the app on my pc. The app is up to date (uninstalled it and then reinstalled it to make sure), and I checked on my Xbox One to see if there was an update and there was not an update. I even went into the settings to check to see if there was an update, but there wasn't one.
    So, I guess my question is who at Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to kill support for local network streaming? I'd use the cloud streaming, but my bandwidth doesn't support that. I have a decent enough router that can handle streaming locally, and again I just don't understand why they decided to kill the feature on the app, especially when I went to look at recent reviews on the Microsoft Store and see if others had the same problem, and people are having the same problem. It just doesn't make any sense, other than Microsoft wants more people to buy game pass ultimate? I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't be THAT greedy, would they?
    In any case, is there someone I can talk at Microsoft to about this? It just doesn't make sense that they would kill support for a feature that a lot of people still use.
    Thank you.
    Hi LAETH08

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that this situation is difficult, and it might be affecting your gaming experience, let’s work on this together as team to get to the bottom of this.

Please check this article for troubleshooting: Troubleshoot Xbox Console Companion app game streaming | Xbox Support

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
  4. SantyXBL Win User

I have the same issue, this happens since last companion update. I test on my laptops with w10 and w11 and tis still not works. The last update broke the app
  5. Juhn Jac Win User

Hi LAETH08

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your issue has already been resolved. We will not be tracking this topic going forward, therefore, if you need further assistance, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox app on PC not receiving party invites

Can you try to install the Companion console Xbox - beta and use it? If this works maybe something is broken on the Compaion console Xbox App, if also this App not receive party invites maybe the problem is something else and we can start to investigate
    togheter.
Thema:

1. Xbox Console Companion App Broken? - Similar Threads - Console Companion App

2. How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?: I want to connect my laptop to my xbox one console by hdmi but I dont have the xbox console companion app pre installed and i cant find it it any store.... How can I connect my cosole to my laptop...
  3. Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?: After Xbox console companion app has been officially unsupported, there are many missing features that I used to frequently use that I would love to see integrated into the official Xbox app, this...
  4. How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app...: How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app is no longer working. 33144d7e-870e-4f1a-bb2d-0f6ae3cc9d5c
  5. How do I connect my Xbox one to my PC to use as a monitor? The console companion app which...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect my Xbox one to my PC to use as a monitor? The console companion app which...: How do I connect my Xbox one to my PC to use as a monitor? The console companion app which is mentioned in most tutorials isn't on the Microsoft store. I have HDMI....
  6. Since Xbox Console Companion app is no longer available, where do I check Network status?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since Xbox Console Companion app is no longer available, where do I check Network status?: Hi, I previously used to do this... [img] I used to check the status of my network in the Xbox Console Companion app. Since this app is no longer available on Windows 11, please tell me where...
  7. i cant find the xbox console companion app. I want to use my laptop as a monitor for my xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant find the xbox console companion app. I want to use my laptop as a monitor for my xbox: i cant find the xbox console companion app. I want to use my laptop as a monitor for my xbox cb87cddd-175c-44b7-a54e-287856f10795
  8. do i need the xbox app if i have the box Console Companion on my computer?

in XBoX on Windows
    do i need the xbox app if i have the box Console Companion on my computer?: do i need the xbox app if i have the box Console Companion on my computer? 2c9c6890-a610-4ffd-a09c-2e88537e735a
  9. xbox console companion app removed from microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox console companion app removed from microsoft store: Not sure why the app itself was removed from the microsoft store as when i tried to search for it, there were no relevant results [img] And when i tried to search for xbox console companion on...
  10. Xbox Console Companion App won't stream Xbox to PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console Companion App won't stream Xbox to PC: I know this question has been asked before, but I can't find a thread where it has been answered and solved. I am trying to get an xbox to stream across a home network to a PC for my son. I am...