Xbox console administrator controls when?

Discus and support Xbox console administrator controls when? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why doesn't my Xbox series X have a feature to remotely lock the entire console? I don't want to have to set it up and put it away when I decide I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Keila Fleischbein, Mar 24, 2023.

  1. Xbox console administrator controls when?


    Why doesn't my Xbox series X have a feature to remotely lock the entire console? I don't want to have to set it up and put it away when I decide I don't want someone else using it. I am not referring to an Xbox live account, I am referring to the hardware itself. How do I remotely disable the entire computer so that no users on any account can access any features until I allow the device to be used again? If this feature does not yet exist, how long do I need to wait for it to be implemented? On a PC an administrator is required to set up a new user, and an administrator can lock any user on that PC. When will Xbox receive an administrator feature that I can use on my Xbox app?

    :)
     
    Keila Fleischbein, Mar 24, 2023
    #1
  2. WPAK Win User

    Xbox console administrator controls when?

    Hi there,

    I'm not sure this is what you are looking for, but it is possible to deny users that don't have an account to access the console or to use features. This can be done via the Online safety features at System-Access_restrictions. You can limit what guest accounts can do, if that is combined with a family account (with parental and child accounts) you can determine when an account is able to sign in on the console and use features.

    The Family safety things, like screen time etc. can be adjusted via an app or browser.
    Some more information can be found here:

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-online-safety/browse

    https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help...-child-content-in-the-Xbox-Family-Setting-app

    If you are looking for additional ways that don't exist yet, then you can provide feedback here:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/
  3. ArminatorX Win User

    Cannot install games that require Administrator privileges

    Are you signed in as "the" administrator account, or are you signed in as your actual user, that can get Administrator privileges through the User Access Control?

    If I recall, Store apps can't run on the internal administrator account.

    You would have to use your own account, and set it up that it can elevate to administrator WITHOUT actually being "the" administrator account.
  4. ngocphi Win User

    only starfield showing as ' admistration approval required to install '' i checked my account in PC and Xbox every think is ok

    On your pc it's not just your account

    You have to right-click on the install if on steam or xbox app and run as administrator and enter your password

    Administrator rights isn't needed on your xbox console.
  5. BakyOsijekHr Win User

    Game sharing

    Create your club. Be an administrator. set a rules and keep control.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Administrator

    By being qualified for. applying for the job, and getting it. When positions are available, they’d be listed here https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/
Thema:

Xbox console administrator controls when?

Loading...
  1. Xbox console administrator controls when? - Similar Threads - console administrator controls

  2. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  3. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  4. XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring: I really liked that I could press A and it would launch the game card/hub and then I could select PLAY on any tile on the home screen. A few days back that behavior changed and A launched the game...
  5. If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?

    in XboX Insiders
    If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?: Currently in the ASA ring and I have a One X that's giving me more and more issues every day. Wanted to put it back on the public build and see if that clears up anything. Won't be getting my 25th...
  6. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  7. Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...: So, I have a very specific use case for the new Disc-to-Digital feature, and I’m wondering if anyone with multiple Xbox consoles has actually tested this. I’m trying to unlock the Dominion...
  8. No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??

    in XboX Insiders
    No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??: So for us lowly digital only console owners what hope is there without support for an external disc drive? submitted by /u/Andymg350 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...: Hey everyone, My Xbox One S had a dying internal HDD (E106), so I swapped in a blank SSD. Before the drive died, the console had been enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program. Now it won't get past...
  10. Question about Xbox Beta console

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about Xbox Beta console: My console is currently in beta and I’m wondering how I get into alpha to do alpha skip ahead? The new updates look real cool and I’d love to test them out if possible. submitted by...