Xbox Community Standards - Hard Truth

Discus and support Xbox Community Standards - Hard Truth in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, today I was posting because I wanted to express my feelings and thoughts about the current Xbox Community Standards, as well as gather some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jesusSavesUsAll589, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Xbox Community Standards - Hard Truth

Hello,

today I was posting because I wanted to express my feelings and thoughts about the current
    Xbox Community Standards, as well as gather some rationale for certain decisions.

To shut down any responses regarding the matter, no I am not currently banned this isn't my main account and I don't wish to be banned after spending a significant amount of money and time throughout 10 plus years of using Xbox's
    services and not to mention the countless games, DLC's, and entertainment purchases I've made.

To confront the real topic of discussion, I want to point out the newest iteration of the community standards
    trash-talking policy. I understand that Xbox is an entity on their own and don't have to comply with free speech and various other governmental limitations. That being said, they provide services to people nationwide so shouldn't each person's experience
    be based on what is acceptable in a person's geographic location? Now I know people will just say that's not how the business world works with numerous jargon and policy/law talk that means nothing to me. But can not one person at Microsoft understand that
    most adults are purchasing their products? Tell me how many kids you see walk in and say "this is all my hard-earned money and I'm gonna buy an Xbox with it" probably not very often. Maybe adults should seek matters into their own hands and be informed of
    possible communication issues from Xbox support while setting up a console for their kid, you know like let parents actually parent their kids and monitor their activities and take advantage of parental settings and blocks if they chose too. That way when
    their 12-year-old or they themselves message me and says "(vulgarity) you" I can gladly say it back in return, without worrying about them reporting me and me getting the communication ban. You have to know by now that kids and even adults are doing this
    for fun just to abuse your new automatic banning system. I've already encountered numerous players that try to look for players to bait just to report them. Now being an adult and not caring what the world has to say about me, I reserve the right to not
    report because I'd rather take matters into my own hands and just block annoying players. reporting should be set aside for cheaters and people breaking game mechanics or hacking the software/hardware not because they had a poor experience with Xbox and wanted
    to defend themselves in the matter. I just wish Xbox would let me enjoy my experience of how I want to play without acting like my parental guardians (there's a reason I moved out - tired of being controlled ). Your model for communication is making me feel
    like I'm supporting a communist regime where only there say matters while they lack actual care for the entire community's feelings and opinions.

If things don't progressively get better for "All players" I can assure you they will eventually outgrow their Xbox and switch to the world of PC and steam where freedom of speech is still intact, and a better experience is waiting
    to be had. You know why I won't look back, because the company I loved and supported all this time had turned their back on me and players similar to me. I was gonna rant about Xbox and Microsoft scummy business practices next (such as not refunding me one
    of the two identical purchases I accidently bought from their clumsy store interface) but that seems like another topic for another day.

:)

jesusSavesUsAll589, Apr 24, 2020
  2. jesusSavesUsAll589 Win User

I can understand your frustration but as a adult you just need to report trolls. Heck most times you can tell when it is a child. Towards your last comment it is not xbox fault for your screw up purchase. That falls directly on you.
    No, it should fall on their lousy customer support.

Plus assuming what someone is through their name or chat sounds pretty discriminatory to me

IE - Dont care there customers made a mistake because they're so "perfect"
  3. Jaydad17 Win User

I can understand your frustration but as a adult you just need to report trolls. Heck most times you can tell when it is a child. Towards your last comment it is not xbox fault for your screw up purchase. That falls directly on you.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Community standards???

Makes perfect sense.While a game may have profanity in it & will be rated appropriately Xbox live itself is rated E for everyone & profanity is not allowed.

I've got a mouth like a sewer but know when not to swear.

If you can't tell when it's not appropriate to use profanity then the problem isn't with the community standards.
  5. Homer-Spinsome Win User

Community standard

I feel your pain. Perhaps you should read this community user post. It may help with the frustration you are feeling right now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/learning-from-a-lapse-in-judgement/13b37ac4-84b4-40b9-a344-918c543552d1
  6. non one c Win User

Community standards???

People want to play and enjoy themselves in a safe enviroment. That simply doesn't work if you insult each other.
    Yes, some games use profanity and violence to tell their stories. But they won't use it against you.
    Kids also play on Xbox and keeping the gaming space friendly is not too much to ask for.
Thema:

1. Xbox Community Standards - Hard Truth - Similar Threads - Community Standards Hard

2. How does my group post violate the community standards?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How does my group post violate the community standards?: So a few days ago i was making a group post for people to join my community server on rust console. In the post i stated.”Repoping diortopia3x giving outpost starts first 10 gets tp to build spot”...
  3. Please can anyone tell me what community standard was violated ? Support is a lie You...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please can anyone tell me what community standard was violated ? Support is a lie You...: [img] https://share.icloud.com/photos/025Ql6uMleG95OAFKojnIyokA 57980606-d88a-4614-bcae-2a91e3c92e09
  4. Community Update March 2024 - Challenging Depths

in XboX Insiders
    Community Update March 2024 - Challenging Depths: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  5. I want to make a request to the whole community

in XboX Insiders
    I want to make a request to the whole community: Can xbox release the original destroy all humans path of the furons on the store so i can buy the game without buying a xbox 360 i really want to live the good old days with that game all i ask is...
  6. My gamerpic got banned again when it doesn't violate the community standards if it does...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamerpic got banned again when it doesn't violate the community standards if it does...: My gamerpic got banned again when it doesn't violate the community standards if it does than why can my Microsoft account have the picture that I want my Xbox to *** Gaming and Xbox / Account and...
  7. How do I find out what community standards I violated

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I find out what community standards I violated: Made this post last night for Diablo 4 the got a 2 day suspension for it WT4 NMD T58 Domhainne seasonal full clear 2 million per run or 8 million for 5 butcher= free run. I tried to add a picture...
  8. This account violated the Community Standards and was subjected to enforcement action. I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    This account violated the Community Standards and was subjected to enforcement action. I...: I got banned and im not sure why i got banned it's not even telling me why im banned 5dbfea8d-ebfc-48e0-b112-c9a927591f40
  9. My gamerpic got banned again when it doesn't violate the community standards if it does...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamerpic got banned again when it doesn't violate the community standards if it does...: My gamerpic got banned again when it doesn't violate the community standards if it does than why can my Microsoft account have the picture that I want my Xbox to 53af7620-f9b9-4d37-92a8-76b173ed1265
  10. A Question on community standards

in XBoX on Windows
    A Question on community standards: so, my buddy joined the chat with me early today and was telling me that he just got out of an LFG post, and someone was threatening to report him even though he had done nothing wrong I told my...