Xbox clunk noise when starting up

Discus and support Xbox clunk noise when starting up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; https://youtube.com/shorts/JPJoIDZtckU?feature=share I have a short video showing what the clunk noice when starting up my Xbox. I had two instances... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StonedMexican16, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Xbox clunk noise when starting up

https://youtube.com/shorts/JPJoIDZtckU?feature=share

I have a short video showing what the clunk noice when starting up my Xbox. I had two instances that my Xbox would shut down. One of them I had hit a gas pump in GTA and my screen froze became a black screen but I can still talk to my party and today(11/6) my Xbox just randomly shut off.

I have the limited edition halo infinite xbox. I’m worried that if I send it to Microsoft, I would get a basic black SX back.

:)

StonedMexican16, Nov 7, 2022
  2. StonedMexican16 Win User

Idk if I could pay for a other one. I did pay $800 for this limited edition and I would prefer to keep it until it breaks or see Microsoft would like to replace the hardware
  3. StonedMexican16 Win User

A) still does it

B) my room is probably the best room , as it’s dust free, cold but not too cold “if that makes any sense”

C) it’s not always gta but I’ll be on the Home Screen chilling in a party and it will crash but it only happened twice in 1.4months

D) I do. Last time I checked

Thanks for responding. You can call me Snuggie(new gt)
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Snuggie, just to cover everything from your side. Please try leaving the insider program and go back to an stable OS version.

But if you ask me, I have my doubts. Seems to be like a hardware issue
    If the issue persist you may need to get the console inspected and repaired
    And, the possibility to get a regular Xbox Series X if it gets replaced exists
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this STONEDMEXICAN16

I also have a Series X Halo edition, and definitely my console doesn't sound like that when I turn it on.

So... This could be a hardware issue.
    Before concluding that we can try to isolate the problem a bit more, for this try each troubleshooting steps below and tell me:

A. Try using your console horizontally to see if the same happens

B. Can be a bit odd but try using the console on a different room

C. Try connecting the console directly to the wall and test if the device still shuts down when you play GTA V

D. Are you using an insider build / beta OS in your console?
  6. N1 Gaz N1 Win User

My Xbox One X won‘t recognize Resident Evil 2

nope, still not loading up. it starts to spin then makes a couple clunking noises then stops spinning. then it repeats these 3 or 4 times and then that's when it gives up trying to load.
Thema:

1. Xbox clunk noise when starting up - Similar Threads - clunk noise starting

2. Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise: My Xbox One wouldn't turn on however it would make a very quiet 'beep' turn on sound when I would try to switch it on however the xbox symbol would not light up. Recently however it doesn't even...
  3. Xbox One S not starting up, but making chime noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not starting up, but making chime noise: Hi all, I'm experiencing an issue with my Xbox One S after a period of around 6 months not using the Xbox as I was redecorating my room. I recently tried re-setting up my Xbox by connecting my...
  4. Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu: hello im yasi, i have my xbox series s since 2022 july and its been so so silent and good for me but lately its been making a very very loud buzzing noise from both the left and right side of the...
  5. My brand new Xbox series x makes a clunking noise wen I power it on is this normally?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new Xbox series x makes a clunking noise wen I power it on is this normally?: Series x makes clunking noise when first powered on b1cc2b16-961b-4bd9-96d1-b7dcfa086759
  6. Xbox Series X making click/clunk while booting up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X making click/clunk while booting up?: Finally managed to get my series x, but I have encountered the problem of the console making a click/clunk noise when it starts up! Has anyone still got this issue after a while of having the...
  7. Xbox series X boot up mechanical clunk noise. Is that normal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X boot up mechanical clunk noise. Is that normal?: It didn’t make that sound the first two weeks. I searched and some people said that it was normal but i’m not sure. Like i said, it started two days ago. 66c578d1-fc71-4828-a7ee-3e72c2868f04
  8. Clunk Noise when turning console on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clunk Noise when turning console on: Just wondering if it is normal to hear a "clunk" type noise from what seems to be the disc drive on start up. Have tried with and without disc and in low power mode & instant on? Everything works...
  9. Xbox One w/Kinect Persistent click/clunk noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One w/Kinect Persistent click/clunk noise: Hello all. Over the Thanksgiving holiday, I purchased the refurbished Xbox One with Kinect bundle (including Dance Central, Ryse, Forza 5, and a game of my choice) from the Microsoft Store. The...
  10. Disc drive noise/clunk question on new console with energy saving mode on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc drive noise/clunk question on new console with energy saving mode on: Hi guys, just picked up a new console to replace my old one, so far everything seems perfect. Quick question though, perhaps due to my paranoia: If you watch this video (disregard the point of...