Xbox cloud save system is trash.

Discus and support Xbox cloud save system is trash. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The local save data is updated regularly, but the cloud data is updated inconsistently, regardless of whether I "close games properly" or try to use... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Juxtapos, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Juxtapos
    Juxtapos Guest

The local save data is updated regularly, but the cloud data is updated inconsistently, regardless of whether I "close games properly" or try to use quick resume. And every time I play a game it syncs, meaning it overwrites my local saves with older cloud saves, which means I can lose several hours of in game progress. What idiot designed this? And why isn't there an option to turn this off beyond never taking my Xbox online?

:)

Juxtapos, Apr 18, 2022
  2. Juxtapos Win User

Quick resume doesn't function with Elden Ring (the game I've had save data issues with). That's an issue, but it's irrelevant to the cloud save issue I'm describing.

Like I said, it happens either way. The problems are:

1) the cloud saves don't update every time a game saves locally, so the cloud saves can fall behind.

2) the cloud saves overwrite the local saves (without prompt) every time you start a game while online, even if the cloud saves are older.

This is a ridiculous design. What happens when someone keeps their console offline or has no internet connection for a period of time and then goes back online? They could lose hours/days/weeks of progress in multiple games if they played during that period.

I saw an older post describing exactly that. A father was upset that his young son lost 4 days of progress in Minecraft because he played while they had no internet, and that local save data was immediately overwritten when they got back online (with absolutely no prompt or choice in the matter).
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Juxtapos, what procedures have you tried on the console, one of it is precisely to remove the games from quick resume.
  4. TroHAM Win User

Disabled Cloud Saved Games

From the Xbox Dashboard, go to Settings, and then select System.

Select Storage, and then select Cloud Saved Games.

Select Enable Cloud Saved Games.

You can read more about it in this article:

support.xbox.com/.../cloud-save-games
  5. iG Logic Win User

Minecraft Save Deleted Itself

Thats a flawed system or some kind of error that needs to be addressed. I should have the world saved to my hard drive and xbox lives cloud. Since when does saves disappear? Never have i seen this before. I can understand a corrupt file but this is ridiculous.

how was i suppose to avoid this?

My xbox shouldnt be able to just make a 140mb world disappear because it just wants to act like trash.
  6. Kin H4chi Win User

Save Game Backup

Xbox 1 use a cloud save system
Thema:

1. Xbox cloud save system is trash. - Similar Threads - cloud save system

2. Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?: I don't have home internet, and the data is getting miscalculated by my provider and I can't use all of the hotspot they say I have access to.(i.e. I download a 5Gb update, and it blows through...
  3. Access to cloud save files from Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Access to cloud save files from Xbox?: I have been playing Ark Survival Ascended on Xbox series x. Following a recent update, the save file for the scorched earth map appears corrupted. It crashes on loading, every time. I have tried...
  4. Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.: Hi all, Any chance to explain how to choose a game and upload his save game MANUALLY to the cloud? On PlayStation it was so easy, choose the game, select the content, select the save game then...
  5. Cloud Saves and Local save clearing! Someone important needs to read this and get it done!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud Saves and Local save clearing! Someone important needs to read this and get it done!: Okay I'm a multiplatform player been with Xbox since the well, Xbox. I'm going to skip a trip down memory lane and land at the creation of cloud saves. When it was first introduced it worked...
  6. Importing Oblivion cloud save files from series X to PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Importing Oblivion cloud save files from series X to PC: I have Oblivion save files from my 360 days that cloud saved and loaded onto my series X. That was great. I have read that I can use these save files on the PC version of the game through the xbox...
  7. How do I know when my saved game has been successfully uploaded to the cloud?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I know when my saved game has been successfully uploaded to the cloud?: Hi, I am playing Football Manager 2024 which has a fairly sizable saved game file size in comparison to many other games. I play on it on my Series X and save the game. I wait usually 5 mins in...
  8. Is the last baldurs gate 3 save scandal the proof that cloud saving and xbox resume is the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the last baldurs gate 3 save scandal the proof that cloud saving and xbox resume is the...: Larian are just clumsy devs and xbox are bunch of loosers ad244882-78ea-4db7-a683-7ee468838b70
  9. Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2...: Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2 months ago. I am not starting over. fa3c7687-65f9-4c38-814a-8e3532841706
  10. Overwrite cloud save data with local game data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwrite cloud save data with local game data: My Dream Light Valley profile, which you're allowed only one game, was deleted in the cloud and I lost all game progress there. On my Xbox S, however, I still have my old profile and most of my...