Xbox Cloud Gaming with Xbox App on Windows is set by default on English language

Discus and support Xbox Cloud Gaming with Xbox App on Windows is set by default on English language in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Even if Xbox App is set on Windows language different by English, Xbox Cloud Gaming on it will open game and load screen in English lang. submitted by... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Videatur, Aug 10, 2021.

1. /u/Videatur
    /u/Videatur Guest

Xbox Cloud Gaming with Xbox App on Windows is set by default on English language

Even if Xbox App is set on Windows language different by English, Xbox Cloud Gaming on it will open game and load screen in English lang.

submitted by /u/Videatur
    [link] [comments]

/u/Videatur, Aug 10, 2021
    1 person likes this.
  2. karjalan Win User

Assassin's Creed Odyssey + Xbox Cloud gaming : Cannot change audio language

Hi

I'm playing through the XBOX app on PC. Having the ultimate xbox game pass I can access Cloud Gaming.
    The trouble with AS Odyssey is that language other than default (english) probably requires downloading language files. Not sure xbox cloud allows it. Will it be possible one day ?
  3. Saul Goode77 Win User

change game language

I have a friend who purchased the game in Brazil, by default the language was Spanish when they played(their xbox language was set to English), in order for them to change it to Portuguese (the other language on the disk), they have to change the Language
    for their Xbox to Portuguese.

Now in your case, if your default language is English on your xbox and you're still getting the game in Spanish, then maybe Spanish is the only language that's on the game disk. There's no option in the game for changing the language.
  4. Marrion_Y Win User

Change language (audio, UI, text) of Starfield / NO language option in the game

Hi SeehafenAura,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I understand that you want to play Starfield in German, but the Xbox App and the game do not have a language option for you.

The possible cause of this issue is that the Xbox App and some games use the system language of Windows as the default language for installation and gameplay. This means that if your Windows is set to English, the Xbox App and Starfield will also be in English. To change the language of Starfield, you need to change the language of Windows in which you stated is not the set up that you want since you want Windows to remain in English.

For this case, we recommend reaching out to the game developer for assistance on this in-game concern. See this page for Starfield: Starfield - Bethesda Support.

For Gears 5, kindly try to launch the game then check if Audio option is available. Select it if yest then choose Options. Under Language, select the language you prefer which is German. If this option does not show up and unable to change the language in-game, please proceed in sending an email to GearsOfWarSupport@microsoft.com for further assistance. See: Gears of War | Xbox Support

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  5. col Skowronski Win User

Xbox game pass for isn't in english

Hello and welcome to the forums.

If you are using PC, make sure your default Windows OS and also BIOS default languages are set to English.

If you are using Xbox console - check language in the settings and also the account region. In some instances if you registered account in another market, it may not be possible to download other languages and local content per content item. So if you have
    German account, the downloaded content would be served in German as default, while the setting can be overwritten either through settings > languages or within the game/app.

Let me know if you require further assistance.

Best Wishes.
  6. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Xbox App for Win10

Hello, Danny5XI,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. Thank you for reaching out to Xbox Forums. I see that you are having issues with changing the Xbox app to the correct language. I am happy to help and provide some suggestions that will hopefully resolve this problem.

Solution 1: Reset Windows 10 store & Xbox app

1. Open Settings.

2. Go to Apps -> Apps & features.

3. Look for Microsoft Store/Xbox App and click it on the right side.

4. The advanced options link will appear. Click it

5. Next, click on the Reset button to reset Microsoft Store/Xbox App to default settings.

Change language on Xbox APP (NOTE: Please replace with the languages you have and want on your Windows 10/11)

1. Go to Settings -> Time & language. Select "Region & language" tab, and then remove all languages except English (United States).
    2. On the same "Region & language" page, click the link "Additional date, time, & regional settings" at the bottom. A Control Panel window, "Clock, Language, and Region", will be opened.
    3. In that window, click the "Language" link at the right pane. The "Language" window will show up. Click on the "Advanced settings" link at the left.
    4. In the Advanced settings window, click on the "Restore defaults" at the bottom. and press the "Save" button. You will be sent back to the "Language" Control Panel window. Click the "Advanced settings" again.
    5. Back on the "Advanced settings" window, click the "Apply language settings to the welcome screen, system account, and new user accounts" link at "Override for Windows display language" section. A "Region" window will show up.
    6. Check that the Current language for non-Unicode programs is English (United State). If it's not, then press the "Change system locale..." button to change it. You will need to restart after the change.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as "Answered."
Thema:

1. Xbox Cloud Gaming with Xbox App on Windows is set by default on English language - Similar Threads - Cloud Gaming App

2. Can you use cloud gaming on the mobile app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you use cloud gaming on the mobile app?: I downloaded the app to use cloud gaming, but it seemed that it was only to play stuff through your console, which was not what I wanted 6fef2441-f1fb-4501-a894-e9acbde87546
  3. Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?: Is there any way cloud gaming is integrated into the game pass app for iOs for all the listed games?, tried playing certain games on the app using a backbone controller but it asks to install the...
  4. Cloud Gaming PC XBOX App is not loading any games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Gaming PC XBOX App is not loading any games: Help, it was working perfectly for a few weeks and now it's been a couple weeks no games will load whatsoever. Please help this is frustrating. 2030635b-0c91-4408-9a28-ac568fd37187
  5. xbox pc app only shows cloud gaming, no other choices.

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox pc app only shows cloud gaming, no other choices.: I've noticed it once I've logged in on my surface. IDK if it's because it's a 2in1 pc, but I can't see the full library. is there any way to get the normal Xbox app? [img]...
  6. THRUSTMASTER T80 wheel and pedals and XBOX app under Windows 11 cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    THRUSTMASTER T80 wheel and pedals and XBOX app under Windows 11 cloud gaming: I have ULTIMATE XBOX GAME PASS and running xbox app under windows 11.. when I start a game it says no controller connected...despite My PC being able to see the wheel and pedals and I have checked...
  7. How can I sign in to my microsoft account on the Xbox Cloud gaming app on the Meta Quest 2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I sign in to my microsoft account on the Xbox Cloud gaming app on the Meta Quest 2?: I just installed the new Xbox cloud gaming app on the Meta Quest 2, but after i’ve connected my controller and i try to sign in to my microsoft account it just loads for a few seconds and boots me...
  8. Can’t sign into my Xbox Cloud Gaming app on my phone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t sign into my Xbox Cloud Gaming app on my phone: When I try to play a game on my phone it tells me to sign in, and when I try to sign in it loads for a second and then does nothing. 34de4ff0-31ed-43a0-a2e9-5585bbecc692
  9. Xbox app remote play and Gamepass App cloud gaming not recognising my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app remote play and Gamepass App cloud gaming not recognising my controller: I'm trying to use my stadio controller which has been transitioned to bluetooth mode. It works perfectly with in browser cloud gaming It doesn't work at all with remote play on the xbox app or...
  10. Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app: Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through Xbox app on Windows 11. The app and everything is up to update. [img] 2921a489-e740-47f4-befe-ece5e477ebe2