Xbox Cloud Gaming Desktop (Edge): 3 tries necessary to run games in the local language

Discus and support Xbox Cloud Gaming Desktop (Edge): 3 tries necessary to run games in the local language in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; To use Xbox Cloud Gaming (which is essentially running fine and stable on my end), I use Microsoft Edge on my PC, currently version 94.0.992.50... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/mukidon, Oct 17, 2021.

  1. /u/mukidon
    /u/mukidon Guest

    Xbox Cloud Gaming Desktop (Edge): 3 tries necessary to run games in the local language


    To use Xbox Cloud Gaming (which is essentially running fine and stable on my end), I use Microsoft Edge on my PC, currently version 94.0.992.50 (current). I have created direct shortcuts in the Start menu or desktop for various games, for example like this for DiRT 5:

    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" https://www.xbox.com/de-DE/play/launch/dirt-5/9PJGM0T0827V --start-fullscreen --profile-directory="Profile 2"

    What to my astonishment was the case from the beginning is still the problem today: Cloud Gaming starts in full screen, but already the welcome text (loading screen) is shown to me in English. Also the game, as well as the Xbox menu appear in English, although pretty much everything in my Xbox/Microsoft settings is set to German.

    If I now close the browser and open the exact same shortcut again, the greeting starts in German - but the game starts in English again. If I now close the browser again and open exactly the same shortcut a third time, the menu when pressing the controller key, the game, the shortcut screen - simply everything is now in German, as I would like it to be. I wanted to believe in coincidence or misconfiguration, but found out that the problem occurs continuously and repeatedly. Tried this with Google Chrome as well - exactly the same issue.

    Are there perhaps other, non-English speaking users present who can report on this? I could not find a corresponding post about the problem here on reddit right away.

    submitted by /u/mukidon
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/mukidon, Oct 17, 2021
    #1
  2. LBazi Win User

    language setting

    Absence Czech me quite sorry. The game itself is not the language. I know that the change is applied only to the subtitles. I tried in the console to set the locale and language of Germany and the running game is still in English. So I really do not know.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    Play through Xcloud Gaming using Microsoft Edge on Xbox One S.

    Hi EdySeaBR! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

    On the console it's not necessary to play trough the browser, in this case the edge browser on the Xbox don't have all the characteristics of the regular edge browser but on the console all games that can be played on the cloud are accessible trough the game pass section
  4. Мишаня_NeuRos Win User

    localization version

    Yes, I bought the game in digital form in Xbox Live. The correct region and language is selected on the console. And I know for sure that this game has the necessary localization. But for some reason, the Xbox Live Store downloads the entire English version
    of the game.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

    Recovering deleted data

    If the game you deleted was a Xbox One game, then your savegame data should be safely stored online in the Xbox Cloud, unless you chose to delete the savegame data from "all" consoles.

    If you only deleted the local savegame storage, simply launch the game (after installing it, if necessary), and then let the console synchronize your savegame from the cloud.

    If there is a conflict about the local savegame and cloud savegame, make sure to choose the cloud version in the confirmation dialogue.
  6. Rostom L Win User

    Cloud gaming states that account does not have screen time when it is within the schedule

    Hi there!

    To confirm, your son uses the Xbox app to access games on cloud gaming?

    Please try it on the internet browser (Google Chrome/Microsoft Edge) via xbox.com/play if it does the same thing.

    Be sure to check the PC region by going to the PC Settings > Time & Language > Language & Region.
Thema:

Xbox Cloud Gaming Desktop (Edge): 3 tries necessary to run games in the local language

Loading...
  1. Xbox Cloud Gaming Desktop (Edge): 3 tries necessary to run games in the local language - Similar Threads - Cloud Gaming Desktop

  2. Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure: Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure Summary Xbox Cloud Gaming streams intermittently fail to connect. The Xbox logo appears, a brief clip of audio plays (timing is...
  3. Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv

    in XboX Insiders
    Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv: Im encountering a bug on "Outer World 2". The bug is reported fixed via a patch. However, the bug is still on the clod/gamepass version. Specifically, the game depends on adding character...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. Cloud Gaming - Hours restiction feedback

    in XboX Insiders
    Cloud Gaming - Hours restiction feedback: I have been a loyal Xbox supporter and subscriber since the 360 era, owning every console you have made since then, as well as a ROG Ally X. However, recent changes to Game Pass have genuinely...
  6. Is anyone else upset about the cloud gaming changes?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone else upset about the cloud gaming changes?: Hopefully this is an okay place to give feedback that will be seen. This feels like a breach of trust from someone who has had game pass for a long time and has spent a lot of time playing games...
  7. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  8. Regarding Upcoming Xbox Cloud Gaming Changes

    in XboX Insiders
    Regarding Upcoming Xbox Cloud Gaming Changes: As someone who enjoyed my time with the ad supported cloud streaming enough to subscribe to game pass essential, the update regarding cloud streaming being limited is extremely disappointing. For...
  9. Xbox cloud gaming in estonia please

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cloud gaming in estonia please: please submitted by /u/Icy_Key_2246 [link] [comments]
  10. Forza Horizon 6 as ad supported stream for delta tier memebers on Cloud Gaming...

    in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon 6 as ad supported stream for delta tier memebers on Cloud Gaming...: Hi everyone, Quick question I have been trying to figure out how to use the ad supported cloud gaming service with my digital owned games and I have a few questions. I bought FH6 digitally and...