Xbox clip trimming always gives black screen.

Discus and support Xbox clip trimming always gives black screen. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Just started a week or 2 ago every time I trim I clip it goes to black in the preview window. I have to save it and view it to see if it's what I want.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sergeant GrossGross, May 30, 2023.

1. Xbox clip trimming always gives black screen.

Just started a week or 2 ago every time I trim I clip it goes to black in the preview window. I have to save it and view it to see if it's what I want. Tried powering off the console and unplugging it trick didn't work. Tried refreshing the my games and apps bar didn't work....

:)

Sergeant GrossGross, May 30, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the troubleshooting steps from this link, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/....

Click the drop-down arrow button that is titled "I'm experiencing other issues."

If all the steps don't sort out the issue, the other option you can try here is to trim in several stages and only cut the clip every two minutes or one minute only until you get the clip you want to share.
  3. Wildboy Wiley Win User

Having trouble trimming a clip

I have now uploaded a video focusing on this issue, it shows me trimming the clips and the issues leading after that, I would hope if someone could watch it and give me some help related to the issue so I can fully trim this clip without any errors occuring,
    thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r2-yKb3D34
    After examining your video, and looking at it from my console, The "Trim" option you have available on that bar, isn't available in my app strangely. Not sure why that trim option is there, have you checked to see if the Xbox DVR has been updated recently?

Alternatively (as a work around) to trim your clip, you can "edit in Upload Studio" which will allow you trim the clip in that app (Simply pushing the left stick to move the starting point, and the right stick to move the ending
    point) and will allow you to save and upload the trimmed clip to xbox or onedrive as well.
  4. RTSthebest2000 Win User

Having trouble trimming a clip

I have now uploaded a video focusing on this issue, it shows me trimming the clips and the issues leading after that, I would hope if someone could watch it and give me some help related to the issue so I can fully trim this clip without any errors occuring,
    thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r2-yKb3D34
  5. MisterFizzle Win User

Upload Studio No Longer Trimming

Hi there SeaNee,

I haven't heard of this particular error. There are a couple of things that might help us understand a bit better:

1. Is it after you select the section of your clip to Trim that you're seeing the "Total Length" still showing as the original length of the Trim?
    2. When you're making the Trim, does the new trimmed length show on "Trimmed Length" in the top left and on the timestamp on the bar below the clip?
    3. Is this happening when you do "Just a Trim" or is this happening during a Multi-clip?

Please let us know the answer to those questions and we'll work from there.
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

xbox live pc capture question

The other thing you may consider is not uploading your screenshots or clips until you have reviewed or trimmed them. I take a lot of shots and on review I delete some if I don't like them and always trim my clips.

This saves a lot of bandwidth if you have capped internet and stops your feed from being cluttered. I don't even upload achievements.
Thema:

1. Xbox clip trimming always gives black screen. - Similar Threads - clip trimming always

2. Unable to trim clip on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to trim clip on series x: So I went to trim down a few clips from a few weeks ago and I am unable to do so because by the looks of it in that time those clips have been automatically deleted from my series x and are only...
  3. Unable to trim a video clip on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to trim a video clip on Xbox One S: Hello, I am currently having trouble trimming a two minute and fifty-seven clip from Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. I trimmed forty seconds from the clip and clicked save. It showed up with a...
  4. Clip Trim/Share Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clip Trim/Share Issues: Whenever i try to share game clips i get the message 'Something went wrong Sorry, we are unable to share this at the moment. Try again in a while.' This includes mostly newer clips but is...
  5. Can’t trim game clip on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t trim game clip on Xbox Series X: When I try to clip any of my game clip (1080p SDR recorded on the internal disc) the progress bar remains empty for few seconds and then an error prompt reading: “Error the clip can’t be trimmed”....
  6. Game clip trim feature fails, for years now, still.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game clip trim feature fails, for years now, still.: I can't even find the specific category to report this on the console. I've reported this at least half a dozen times on the console directly. I make clips to report problems with games. If I...
  7. Unable to trim video clip on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to trim video clip on xbox: Tried to use the trim feature accessed by clicking the guide button, going to recent captures and selecting the clip to trim. I set my in and out points, press X to save and am brought to the...
  8. Game clip trim feature not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game clip trim feature not working: Tried to use the trim feature accessed by clicking the guide button, going to recent captures and selecting the clip to trim. I set my in and out points, press X to save and am brought to the...
  9. Xbox App - Game Clip Trim Audio Delay Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App - Game Clip Trim Audio Delay Issue: Hi, After updating my Windows 10 with the Feature Update version 1083, every time I try to trim game clip videos in the Game DVR using the Xbox App (Official) or the Xbox App (Beta) the audio is...
  10. How do I trim a recorded video clip?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I trim a recorded video clip?: I recorded a clip, and I want to trim it down. It kept wanting me to download a separate app called Upload Studio. I couldn't find anything on the Xbox to trim it, so I ended up just downloading...