Xbox captures cutting short

Discus and support Xbox captures cutting short in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all For a while now, I’ve been having issues with the “capture” feature on my Xbox One-S. With my capture settings on “1 minute”, my Xbox only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DanielBranton, May 7, 2020.

  1. Xbox captures cutting short


    Hi all

    For a while now, I’ve been having issues with the “capture” feature on my Xbox One-S.

    With my capture settings on “1 minute”, my Xbox only captures around 16 to 18secs. This is being recorded to the internal Xbox one hard drive, and the hard drive has lots of free space.

    If I set captures to 30 or 45 seconds, I still get around 15 seconds of the clip. (Note; occasionally, it does record the whole clip, but, most of the time it cuts short)

    With the settings on “1 minute”, I get the footage from 1 minute back up to around 42 seconds back. Let’s explain that better; if I hit “capture” at 7pm, the recording would show me footage from 6h:59m:00sec to approx 6:59:18.

    So, I miss the good action I was trying to record.

    I have tried the following;

    -Xbox hard reset (many times and each time before a gaming session)

    -many of the different capture length times

    -changing from 1080p to 720p

    -recording to external HDD

    Game in question, Call of Duty Warzone

    My friends are also on Xbox one playing this game and are not having this problem.

    Does anyone have a suitable fix for this, please?

    Kind regards

    Dan

    :)
     
    DanielBranton, May 7, 2020
    #1
  2. nN3AabARAb Win User

    Xbox captures cutting short

    Hello DanielBranton!

    this is a known issue and it's up to the game devs to figure this out and fix. I have already been informed by insiders that
    this issue is being wored on as we speak so not to worry everything should be good to go soon!

    Greetings and Goodbyes From Moscow Russia - Ambassador Victor (NN)
  3. Revocke Win User

    Xbox captures cutting short

    Hi!

    There is a problem when capturing gameplay from Call of Duty Warzone.

    I have this same problem too.

    I think it's up to the game devs to figure this out and fix.
  4. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

    Xbox captures cutting short

    Hi,

    this is a known issue and the xbox team is working on a fix some players are affected by this bug some not but the bug will be fixed soon
  5. Very Fat Santa8 Win User

    Xbox captures cutting short

    could be that your clip storage is getting full
  6. Fractured Edge Win User

    Xbox One X Game Captures cut Short

    Seems that you may have already visited https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-recording-game-clips

    Have you tried the other options, including power cycling your console?
    I am having the same problem with the clips described above with one additional factor.

    I have attempted to start recording in advance of my gameplay in the hopes I could just edit out what I didn't want, but those are also failing to record. If they do record anything its usually 15 second max and very random periods of time in my playtime.

    I have also attempted the troubleshooting steps and have even factory reset my console once thinking that might help.
Thema:

Xbox captures cutting short

Loading...
  1. Xbox captures cutting short - Similar Threads - captures cutting short

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?

    in XboX Insiders
    game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?: So I’m in a game preview and it says in the rules when I joined the preview that im not supposed to capture game audio/video or share the game with anyone but when I launch the game and start it...
  4. Voice and Game Capture Preview Update

    in XboX Insiders
    Voice and Game Capture Preview Update: Has anyone received the preview update that will allow us to capture party and game chat in captures on the Xbox? This is one update I have been asking and waiting for for years. I was under the...
  5. Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. Game Captures not recording audio

    in XboX Insiders
    Game Captures not recording audio: On the latest Alpha Skip-Ahead update, Game Captures are no longer recording audio. This occurs whether audio is coming through a headset or the TV speakers. Recording settings: - Display is set...
  7. Consistent Gallery access error after capture & Huge praise for OneDrive sync speed

    in XboX Insiders
    Consistent Gallery access error after capture & Huge praise for OneDrive sync speed: Hi Team Xbox and fellow Insiders, I'm currently on the build (10.0.26100.7815) on Xbox Series X, and I'd like to provide feedback on two contrasting experiences with the current capture system:...
  8. in game captures not capturing every capture

    in XboX Insiders
    in game captures not capturing every capture: I've been playing avatar frontiers of Pandora the last few weeks and I haven't had an issue with using the game's photo mode to capture in game pictures. normally the captures go right to my...
  9. Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....: In the middle of playing Baldur's Gate 3 I got a notification that my account has been temporarily suspended. I was panicked but more so extremely confused, I almost thought my account had been...
  10. Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....: In the middle of playing Baldur's Gate 3 I got a notification that my account has been temporarily suspended. I was panicked but more so extremely confused, I almost thought my account had been...