Xbox cache issue. Can't play games.

Discus and support Xbox cache issue. Can't play games. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So ever since the last xbox update I have been having an issue where my games simply stop working. I can't even move through the menus on Battlefield 4... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Weasel Beans, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Weasel Beans
    Weasel Beans Guest

So ever since the last xbox update I have been having an issue where my games simply stop working. I can't even move through the menus on Battlefield 4 and on Forza 5 the game won't even start up. Clearing the cache will fix the issue 100% but it comes back
    every time I shut off the console or when I leave it on for too long. This means every time I start up the console I have to do the long cache clearing. It is really annoying. Is this a fixable issue?

:)

Weasel Beans, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Vortimous
    Vortimous Guest
    Weird Glitch

I have had the tv issue where it says it took to long to find the tv. The only thing so far that fixes that issue is the cache reset. You dont need to unplug, cache reset will do the same thing. I find this usually happens if i switch my tv with the xbox one from the xbox to a dvd player using another hdmi port on the tv. When i go back to the original xbox hdmi on the tv, it loses the pairing with the tv causeing the tv took to long error. Resetting cache or unplugging is the only known fix so far. Have not had the other issues you mentioned.

Vortimous, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Chris Gelon
    Chris Gelon Guest
    Xbox One cache issue

Unless you really want to redownload all of your items, I would not suggest doing a factory reset, as there is no proof that is actually helps anything.

The rumor is that there is a cache issue, but that hasn't been confirmed at all. No one really knows what exactly is causing the problems.

A quicker fix to your problem than doing a hard reset (pressing the power button for 5-10 seconds, waiting until you hear a click, and then waiting for the power brick turns amber before turning it back on), is to highlight the app/game that is causing you
    trouble, press the start button, then select quit. This works 99% of the time for me.

Chris Gelon, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Chris Gelon Win User

Xbox One cache issue

Memory leaks are entirely a software problem, so they can technically fix it without new hardware.
  5. danielyates12 Win User

Xbox One cache issue

by doing a reset helps ironing out issues what where in an update for example when I had my 360 if there was issues with the dashboard or the avatar characters had missing items by doing a simple task to re download the update to reinstall it to that console
    to iron this issue out but the XB1 has not got this facility so reset is the only option it is my opinion it work alright for me.
  6. Chris Gelon Win User

Xbox One cache issue

The OS is Windows 8, but modified. Heavily modified.

The software is the same on the consoles (besides people in the beta).

The Xbox, like all huge software systems, is extremely complex. These issues could appear more frequently depending on your use of the system. For a theoretical example, the friends app may be causing some memory to not be freed up, or the Netflix app forgets
    to close a process when it isn't running. So if you use the friends and Netflix apps, you will more frequently run into these errors. These obviously aren't the real errors, and the sandbox environment setup with Win8 is supposed to prevent these errors, but
    hopefully that gives you the general gist of why it may be occurring more on your Xbox than others.
  7. Chris Gelon Win User

Xbox One cache issue

The OS is a modified version of Windows 8. Heavily modified.

The code/software is the same across all the consoles.

The Xbox, and most large software systems, are extremely complex. The software isn't "faulty," but there could be certain operations that cause problems. The issues are of varying degrees, definitely, and that is why there isn't just a clean fix. For a completely
    theoretical example, there might be a resource not being freed up when going into the friends app, or a process that keeps running when you open up the store, so people using those apps/services will have problems, while other people won't.
  8. pinkeye4life Win User

Xbox One cache issue

The OS is Win 8.

Why would the software be faulty on some people's xbox ones but not others? Or the issues are of varying degrees?

Wouldn't the software be standard and uniform, the code the same on all consoles?
Thema:

1. Xbox cache issue. Can't play games. - Similar Threads - cache issue Can't

2. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  3. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  4. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  5. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  6. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  7. Lost game saves after cache clear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost game saves after cache clear: Hi. I have been playing Starfield since 17th Sept on Xbox Series X. Recently problems with lagging and stuttering game play lead me to do a cache clear. I made sure to select the option to keep...
  8. Can’t download my Xbox 360 profile on emulator after removing the cache

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t download my Xbox 360 profile on emulator after removing the cache: Hi! I can’t download my Xbox 360 profile to the emulator on my Xbox one after removing the cache. It says that it can’t connect to Xbox live and want me to test my connection. Nothings wrong with...
  9. I cleared cache but my xbox is still running extremely slow and crashing, as well as not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cleared cache but my xbox is still running extremely slow and crashing, as well as not...: This has been happening for the past week, and it’s been getting on my nerves. My xbox has been running so slow that it can’t even load the settings app and when it does and I leave, the xbox just...
  10. How do clear your cache and cookies to your Xbox app because I was tring to connect my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do clear your cache and cookies to your Xbox app because I was tring to connect my Xbox...: I tried to sign into my Facebook account to the Xbox app and it's telling m app not active to my google chrome. daf6a3e0-869b-41f2-a354-ae975d76103d