Xbox buttons not working

Discus and support Xbox buttons not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A few months ago most of my controllers (Xbox series x/s (but use on my Xbox one)) buttons randomly stopped working. It is updated (5.20.7.0). The Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr FPS T0XiiK, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Xbox buttons not working

A few months ago most of my controllers (Xbox series x/s (but use on my Xbox one)) buttons randomly stopped working. It is updated (5.20.7.0). The Xbox power button works as does the analogue sticks and the triggers but none of the others do including the sync button. I remember about a week after it happened, I plugged it in and it worked fine for a few minutes before disconnecting, not connecting for a while then the same buttons not working again when I eventually got it to connect. I have just decided to get it out and test it and encountered the same problems of it working fine, disconnecting then the buttons no longer working. At the time I tried to find out how to fix it but I’ve never had anything like this before, not sure of what the cause is and no idea how to fix it

:)

Mr FPS T0XiiK, Jun 11, 2024
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Xbox button not working

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your controller.

In this case, the controller already needs service since there is something wrong with the button already.

You can try checking for controller updates first just to check if that is not the case.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If that does not help, you can register and have your controller serviced here:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/
  3. DAVIIKUS Win User

A button not working

The same thing happened to me but in a different way, I had to press the button deep down, zones of the button failed.
  4. Tarnend Win User

A button not working

there could be a huge number of factors why it stopped working, it could well have had some major use before you got it as its second hand, maybe have been intermittently faulty before being sold to you...... it sounds like you will need to purchase a
    replacement
  5. sprkle Win User

A button not working

could u provide more information?
  6. Snake Eyes 5 Win User

A button not working

If it was a second hand controller there could have been something wrong with it from the beginning. I would suggest just getting a new one if that's possible.
Thema:

Xbox buttons not working

1. Xbox buttons not working - Similar Threads - buttons working

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  4. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  5. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  6. Original Xbox not powering on but eject button works.

in XboX Insiders
    Original Xbox not powering on but eject button works.: Found my original Xbox, brand new condition. Plugged in Power, plugged in AV, the power button simply does not work. However the eject button for the CD does work, whilst it doesn’t extend the CD...
  7. LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller: When I bought the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. I played with the controller for a few weeks. Later the LB button had a problem where it only works if you press it one point or press it a lot....
  8. Sign in button in Microsoft Store and Xbox doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    Sign in button in Microsoft Store and Xbox doesn't work: I have a problem when I want to sign in to the Microsoft store, when I press the sign in button nothing happens and it keeps happening when I try to log in, this also happens on xbox...
  9. Every button on my Xbox series s controller is not working except for the left stick and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every button on my Xbox series s controller is not working except for the left stick and...: I have power cycled my controller and my Xbox around 3 times and i have updated the controller and it still is not working, I do not and cannot buy another controller and need help fixing it....
  10. why are my buttons not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    why are my buttons not working?: i was in the middle of a madden 24 game and for some reason the buttons on my controller stopped working. the buttons that don’t work are a,x,b,y, the whole d pad pushing in the joysticks, rb,...