Xbox button will turn controller and console on, can use it to power cycle controller off....

Discus and support Xbox button will turn controller and console on, can use it to power cycle controller off.... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Controller is 2 months old. The xbox button will turn on the controller and will also turn on console, but it won’t bring up the guide or anything... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CLONETROOPER009, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Xbox button will turn controller and console on, can use it to power cycle controller off....

Controller is 2 months old. The xbox button will turn on the controller and will also turn on console, but it won’t bring up the guide or anything onscreen. It will only turn off by power cycle. Once console and controller are on, Xbox button and all other buttons, triggers, bumpers, sticks and d-pad do not function at all. Controller will not turn console off, and can only turn itself off by power cycling to shut down. Cannot bring up guide, go to settings or navigate. Can’t even start game or app even if last game/app is already selected!

Thanks for any help or suggestions. I have been to the support troubleshooter and nothing works.

:)

CLONETROOPER009, Dec 22, 2022
  2. LEGODUDEAPRIL1 Win User

Xbox one freezes then turns off

You could try power cycling it, here.

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on
    your controller."
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Fifa 22 and 23 is stuck on queued

4. DeniqL Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Needing a wired power source to startup a controller is quite weird. Try with a regular power cycle

Many controller issues can be resolved by putting the controller through a complete power cycle. To power cycle your controller:

Press and hold the Xbox button  for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.

Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button  again to turn the controller back on.
  5. bloodbringer16 Win User

Lego Indiana Jones 2 The adventures continues.

Hi there

Power cycling your console could fix the issue/problem.

To power cycle the console hold the xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds (the console will turn off ) then turn the console back on using the xbox button on the front of the console or by using your controller.

Most of the time power cycling the console fixes a lot of issues/problems so hopefully it will fix this one
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Xbox controller disconnecting xbox one/windows 10

Many controller issues can be resolved by putting the controller through a complete power cycle.

To power cycle your controller: Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to try to turn the controller back on.

Then, check if it corrects the issue!
Thema:

Xbox button will turn controller and console on, can use it to power cycle controller off....

1. Xbox button will turn controller and console on, can use it to power cycle controller off.... - Similar Threads - button turn controller

2. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  3. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  4. My controller buttons don’t work and I can turn the Xbox on by the controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller buttons don’t work and I can turn the Xbox on by the controller.: I can turn my Xbox1s on with my controller and it signs in because I have the setting on that a certain controller can automatically put in the password. I have tried all the buttons and none of...
  5. My Xbox controller will turn but the buttons and analogs will not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller will turn but the buttons and analogs will not work: My Xbox con Will turn on but the buttons and analogs will not respond to any movement 4750a84a-1c39-4ed2-8140-c69bbd7c9d57
  6. Xbox Series S turns off immediately after pressing button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S turns off immediately after pressing button: Series S will turn off immediately after light and xbox sound plays, it will boot occasionally and it will show a ventiliation error and it will go to the xbox os and after a minute it will turn...
  7. Elite 2 Sync Button Not Working When Turned Off

in XboX Insiders
    Elite 2 Sync Button Not Working When Turned Off: Elite 2 sync button Hello. While my standard Xbox controller works pairing and blinking leds without push the Xbox button and turning on the controller just press the sync button works but elite...
  8. Microsoft flight simulator is fully downloaded but the install button turned yellow and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator is fully downloaded but the install button turned yellow and...: sorry for my bad vocabulary and spelling english is not my firs language what do i need to do to fix this. i cant reinstall the game becouse there is no delete button (i searched every where)....
  9. (PC) Xbox Controller Will Turn Off As Soon As Any Button is Pressed

in XBoX on Consoles
    (PC) Xbox Controller Will Turn Off As Soon As Any Button is Pressed: As title says, I have an Xbox Series X controller that I use for my windows desktop with the Xbox Wireless Controller USB adapter. Recently the controller has been having fits where it will turn...
  10. My elite series 2 controller will turn on but nonr of the buttons will work on my xbox,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My elite series 2 controller will turn on but nonr of the buttons will work on my xbox,...: My elite series 2 controller turns on but the xbox light on the actual controller doesnt turn on but the preset lights for certain settings turns. Really appreciate any help...