Xbox Brightness Issue In Games

Discus and support Xbox Brightness Issue In Games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; An issue just came up today that I’ve never witnessed before and seems completely unprompted. I saw one post with the same issue but the solutions... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Eric Amundson, May 31, 2023.

1. Xbox Brightness Issue In Games

An issue just came up today that I’ve never witnessed before and seems completely unprompted. I saw one post with the same issue but the solutions didn’t work for me and now it’s a locked thread for whatever reason. On my Xbox One S, whenever I opened a game the brightness on the screen would get unreasonably high. This happened with every game I tried, but not in the home menu or the shop or anywhere else. I decided “Whatever, I’ve been needing to upgrade and I might as well do it now.” So I went out today and bought a Series S, and unfortunately the issue persists. I know it seems like a TV issue (I’m using a Samsung Smart TV with HDR and Game Mode settings) but on the thread I saw before the original poster was able to fix the solution by doing a power cycle reset and plugging the power cord directly into the wall as opposed to a power strip. I don’t have the luxury to plug mine into the wall though I fear that may solve the issue. Any thoughts?

:)

Eric Amundson, May 31, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Eric!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

This could be possibly due to the compatibility of the console and the TV device.

You can try to perform these steps:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

However, if the issue still persists, the only best option to fix this is to try what the poster from the forums did as you have mentioned.

Properly switch off the console

Unplug the power cord

Then re-plug the power cable and perform Xbox hdr calibration outside of any game, then go to Xbox settings - TV-in game hdr cal.

For reference links:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxUnbroken/comments/...

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. capcom23 Win User

Video Problem !!!!

Just go to the game otpions and adjust the brightness and yes this is always was an issue. Just adjust the brightness. voila
  4. papercut73 Win User

HELP

The xbox doesnt have a brightness adjust setting. The games that you play however do. So I would either check the brightness on your TV or even check the brightness within the game your playing.
  5. Sean111_254 Win User

Xbox series X game brightness issue

im having the same issue, restarted app and xbox, recalibrated, all that didnt work
  6. XboxOGVerified Win User

Xbox series X game brightness issue

Go to settings, general settings, tv display, video modes, turn on auto hdr and the other hdr setting it will fix it 100%
Thema:

1. Xbox Brightness Issue In Games - Similar Threads - Brightness Issue Games

2. Starfield Remote Play Resolution/brightness issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Remote Play Resolution/brightness issues: My iPhone 14 pro max has the remote play app, I set it up properly. Falliut76 works with remote play and I don’t have any issues with brightness or quality of picture. I start starfield, and it’s...
  3. Too bright

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Too bright: Just an FYI the game is too bright, looks washed out in dark areas and too bright in lit areas. There's no way to adjust the hdr the gamma and brightness. c14682d5-2cba-49ca-8817-4b42346fbcc5
  4. Xbox Series X sudden low brightness

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X sudden low brightness: When I am playing a game whether on HDR or SDR the session goes fine for a random amount of time, then the screen suddenly dims the brightness. It gets temporarily fixed when I go to the home...
  5. Xbox Series X games cracking, bright colors and growing black boxes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X games cracking, bright colors and growing black boxes: I bought a brand new Xbox Series X (Diablo IV edition) about two months ago. Everything was fine for about a month and a half, but then the picture began to become distorted. Three things began to...
  6. xbox capture recording is REALLY bright

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox capture recording is REALLY bright: recording with the xbox game bar makes objects really bright. it takes anything white and makes it as white as possible (also saturates other colors too, but it isn't nearly as strong) [img]...
  7. Why is there aren't any option to diminish brightness or turn off the Xbox logo's light...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is there aren't any option to diminish brightness or turn off the Xbox logo's light...: Hello, Why in 2023, there isn't any options yet on PC, to configure the logo's light brightness of a Xbox standard controller with the "Xbox Accessories" app from the Microsoft Store, unlike on...
  8. My Brightness lowers significantly when I open any games or apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Brightness lowers significantly when I open any games or apps: It worked fine yesterday, there's no new monitor or TV, no new plug ins, no power surges. I'm playing on a TCL TV. I've already hard resetted and nothing changed. Changing HDMI slots on TV doesn't...
  9. Bright purple and green textures in FH 5 and other games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bright purple and green textures in FH 5 and other games?: Okay, I'm finally on 4k/HDR but why are purple and bright green textures morphing in and out of view in Forza horizon 5? I can see them in RDR 1 too on distant objects. In Forza, they mostly...
  10. Home screen is fine but HDR turns off when I boot up games, and everything gets too bright

in XboX Insiders
    Home screen is fine but HDR turns off when I boot up games, and everything gets too bright: Was playing Marvel Midnight Sun, everything was fine, but the game crashed I booted it up again and now HDR is messed up (yes also on other games). While it technically says that HDR is turned on,...