Xbox (Beta) App opens only on black screen

Discus and support Xbox (Beta) App opens only on black screen in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The app has worked for weeks but now whenever I try to open the Xbox Beta app it just turns into a black panel. When I restart the computer it opens... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by IndoorShrimp, Sep 29, 2020.

1. IndoorShrimp
    IndoorShrimp Guest

The app has worked for weeks but now whenever I try to open the Xbox Beta app it just turns into a black panel. When I restart the computer it opens once and looks normal, but doesn't let me launch certain games, and then when I close it and reopen it, it
    goes back to being a black panel.

I have both repaired and reset it from the Apps menu in Settings, to no avail. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall it? Will that make me have to reinstall all my games?

I'm on Windows 10.

:)

IndoorShrimp, Sep 29, 2020
  2. GRIM STARKILLER Win User

Persistent Grey Bar when streaming

same type of issue here when streaming xbox one to win 10 pc the stream is in a smaller scale and not in full screen mode and there is black bars down the sides of the screen and what looks like a windows tab bar across the top of the screen . this happened
    after the latest update on the xbox beta app version 11.10.23004.00000
    doesn't do this on the standard xbox app version 9.928033.00000 but i cant use my usb mic on the standard xbox app only the beta version so its a bit of a issue
  3. JamesPinkyF Win User

You tube problem.

Im having a similar problem the only difference is when i open the app i get a black screen then dashboard the app just wont open ive tried reinstalling hard and soft reset nothing seems to work
  4. Bubbers214-5BB5C6A8- Win User

Xfinity Black Screen on Turn On

Also it's not the whole screen that goes black, it's only the TV app screen that goes black
  5. lzyazn Win User

Latest update seems to have renedered my console useless. Any suggestions.

This exact problem happened to me. I just updated and boom just black screen instead of home screen. I click report a problem and it goes to open the app then black screen. I put in a disk and loads up the game screen and then black screen.
  6. Howard0319 Win User

Xbox game pass not loading

after it install, I press the lets go button, sometimes a black xbox screen open up and then it disappeared along with the install app., most of the time the install window disappear. after the install I tried to open the app but it doesn't even load up with a screen
Thema:

1. Xbox (Beta) App opens only on black screen - Similar Threads - Beta App opens

2. It asks me to sign in every time I open the Xbox Beta app instead of keeping my Microsoft...

in XboX Insiders
    It asks me to sign in every time I open the Xbox Beta app instead of keeping my Microsoft...: It's been going on for a few days and it doesn't always happen. It's happening on Android 9 In the version 2006.0624.0047 The error is reported from the application. Thanks. submitted by...
  3. Xbox (Beta) app won't open, uninstall or re-install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox (Beta) app won't open, uninstall or re-install.: Hi all, as mentioned above the app will not open. It doesn't do anything when I click the icon. Also, it doesn't show up in my apps list, despite being under the start menu. I tried to re-install...
  4. Can't open any app (Xbox Beta for PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open any app (Xbox Beta for PC): [img] In this case, I tried to open Sea of Thieves. It was working fine til yesterday, but now i'm having this issue :( Already checked Windows Update; Reinstalled the game, the app;...
  5. I can't open xbox app (beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open xbox app (beta): When I try to launch xbox app (I have a game pass subscription) I get the error window : ''Windows cannot access specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to...
  6. How to open files in WindowsApps folder (Xbox App beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    How to open files in WindowsApps folder (Xbox App beta): I'm trying to run a game downloaded with the Xbox App (beta) on Windows 10. This game keeps crashing on startup. The game is written with an older version of Unity and saves a log file into the...
  7. Xbox Beta App will not open any games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta App will not open any games: Hi there, I decided to give the PC version of game pass a go last night for the first time and installed a number of games. Everything went relatively well....but the main thing was that the...
  8. Why does the new Xbox (Beta) app crash every time I open it and sign in? Is there a fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the new Xbox (Beta) app crash every time I open it and sign in? Is there a fix?: I recently installed a new Windows 10 update and installed the new Xbox (Beta) app. Every time I open the app and log in, the app goes black. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it as well as...
  9. When I want to open a game with the Xbox Beta app it closes

in XBoX on Windows
    When I want to open a game with the Xbox Beta app it closes: when I want to start a game in the beta beta app a "see you later" message is displayed and the app is closed d9368f6f-ae9a-4e82-8049-350f0b35fb69
  10. cuando abro la app de xbox beta para iniciar un juego se cierra [Translation-when I open...

in XBoX on Windows
    cuando abro la app de xbox beta para iniciar un juego se cierra [Translation-when I open...: cuando quiero jugar ark o algún otro juego al presionar el botón reproducir se desplega un mensaje de hasta luego y de cierra la app [Translation-when I want to play ark or some other game by...