Xbox being slow and unresponsive

Discus and support Xbox being slow and unresponsive in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a had an issue for a couple of weeks now. My friends list states that I have 0 friends. The achievements will not load and the my games and apps... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Henry ., Nov 4, 2022.

1. Henry .
    Henry . Guest

I have a had an issue for a couple of weeks now. My friends list states that I have 0 friends. The achievements will not load and the my games and apps tab takes years to load. I have also noticed that when I try to purchase something it takes for ever and will kick me out. I have went through full power cycles reset my MAC address and all that. Is there any fix for this?

:)

Henry ., Nov 4, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Henry, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Rinfeyei Win User

Xbox One being slow and unresponsive

Hey there, another way would be to wipe the outside of your console incase of any overheating problems, or try resetting your router as theat might help with the lag.

4. BornKingDonny Win User

I’ve had a similar problem before.
  5. NaZoooom Win User

Hi Yoshi117,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. I would suggest you try a ‘soft’ reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One.
    This means choosing the Reset and keep my games & apps option. Any local data not saved to the cloud/Live service will be removed but you wont have to download all your apps and games again.

Do let us know how you get on.
  6. BornKingDonny Win User

Usually if youre having problems woth slow activity restarting your console and router help. Or also it could be because you have an update ready to install.
Thema:

1. Xbox being slow and unresponsive - Similar Threads - being slow unresponsive

2. Xbox One S being slow and laggy.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S being slow and laggy.: I have an Xbox One S (2 T), I bought it refurbished from GameStop about 2 years ago, although just 4 days ago any game I would play would be laggy and crash, and then ultimately the Xbox itself...
  3. Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?: I just bought a used Xbox series x to replace my Xbox one s. I am trying to transfer my games between the two consoles through network transfer but it is going incredibly slow. It is downloading...
  4. What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?: My Xbox will be slow and sometimes freeze up then turn off. But when I try to turn it back in the light on the system will turn on but wont be on the screen. I even got a better HDMI and it didn't...
  5. What is being done about slow download speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is being done about slow download speeds?: There are on-going numerous reports about slow download speeds on the Xbox series S and others. The only response has been the computer generated “try restarting your console”. We have tried that...
  6. How do I fix my Xbox one s being really slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my Xbox one s being really slow: So my xbox one s has recently been running super slow, I've tried everything which is; Factory reset twice, once by keeping the games and once removing them I've clear my cache Hard and soft...
  7. My Xbox one s was being slow and unresponsive so I reset it now it won’t even start up I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one s was being slow and unresponsive so I reset it now it won’t even start up I...: My Xbox one s was being slow and unresponsive so I reset it now it won’t even start up I just keep getting the start up error screen b5f0d874-6eb6-4466-a91c-a937ea14a81f
  8. Xbox is being very slow won’t load games or even settings menu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is being very slow won’t load games or even settings menu: Wont load games won’t load settings menu won’t read hdmi cable for several minutes when does work it still doesn’t load things 0fb1300e-5faf-40ee-82ff-b3c981a04325
  9. Can the download speed be so fast that the downloads become slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the download speed be so fast that the downloads become slow?: When I test my download speed and connection it’s upwards of 1000Mbps Download and 700 Upload. When I download games it used to be around 200-300Mbps, after setting network settings to automatic...
  10. Download speed for Gamepass slow 500kb-2-5meg should be getting 30+

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download speed for Gamepass slow 500kb-2-5meg should be getting 30+: So as the title suggests, I just reinstalled windows from an older SSD to a Samsung 980pro 7000read/5000write nvme, and it's a dream except when downloading games from gamepass now, steam gets...