Xbox being biased towards banning

Discus and support Xbox being biased towards banning in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had many communication bans and don't get me wrong, I'm not here to ask to be unbanned or dispute anything like that. However, I recently got into... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mums Grave, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Mums Grave
    Mums Grave Guest

I've had many communication bans and don't get me wrong, I'm not here to ask to be unbanned or dispute anything like that. However, I recently got into a heated argument with someone who messaged me first and so I replied. They did in fact send harassing
    messages although when I reply with similar ones, I'm the one who gets banned? Yes I know that it requires someone to report the message for Xbox to take action but this is what I did and Xbox does nothing. I'm assuming its because I have a bad reputation
    with Xbox and being communication banned but this is quite obviously favoritism. I've even had racial slurs thrown at me whilst the enforcement team sit back and do nothing but when I reply with something not even half as bad, I'm immediately moved to the
    sin bin. Wanted to know if I'm correct in assuming the Xbox enforcement team is biased against those who have been banned prior to a new incident.

:)

Mums Grave, Jun 24, 2019
  2. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

They aren't biased. You say something against the community guidelines/code of conduct and its bad enough in context to get you banned or suspended, then it will get you banned or suspended. It doesn't matter who started it or how it started. You shouldn't
    have to take what people dish you but you also shouldn't have to argue and create more problems than it is worth.

The enforcement team isn't biased, and you also can't ever know for a fact if the other person got punished. The team is just doing their job. Your reputation is a measurement for you and other gamers to see your behavior and it in no way effects how the
    team makes their decisions other than with how frequent you do things that are punishable or how extreme those things are. You aren't targeted because you have bad rep. You have bad rep because you gave yourself bad rep. It takes a bigger person to just report,
    block, and leave it be. Never instigate problems.

I'd advise you to review the community standards and the code of conduct and stuff like that to find out what is and isn't appropriate for conversation and how you should go about not instigating issues.
  3. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

I had something similar happened to me. Only difference i got banned from texting...? However i didn’t do anything wrong? I was just messaging a lot of friends n after the 10th message i was no longer able to reply? The sad part is i have a great
    reputation. I never grief anyone, always benefitting everyone.
    Possibly flagged for spam. There is a section for Spam in the Community Standards, and it gives examples of behaviours that are seen as unacceptable.

• Regularly offer prizes in exchange for follows
    • Use frequent giveaways to increase likes on activity feed posts
    • Ask or demand that someone “add” or “follow” you or another player
    • Repetitively message other players without their consent
    • Repeatedly share the same screenshot in clubs
    • Send repeated game invites to players who haven’t shown an interest in joining

https://www.xbox.com/Legal/Community-Standards
  4. Cerebral Paul Win User

I think I filed 3 reports over the last couple of weeks for various offenses, I almost never get a response from Xbox. I don't sweat it, I've done my part.
  5. Spazpol Win User

I've had many communication bans and don't get me wrong, I'm not here to ask to be unbanned or dispute anything like that. However, I recently got into a heated argument with someone who messaged me first and so I replied. They did in fact send
    harassing messages although when I reply with similar ones, I'm the one who gets banned? Yes I know that it requires someone to report the message for Xbox to take action but this is what I did and Xbox does nothing. I'm assuming its because I have a bad reputation
    with Xbox and being communication banned but this is quite obviously favoritism. I've even had racial slurs thrown at me whilst the enforcement team sit back and do nothing but when I reply with something not even half as bad, I'm immediately moved to the
    sin bin. Wanted to know if I'm correct in assuming the Xbox enforcement team is biased against those who have been banned prior to a new incident.
    The fact you seem to continue in the same behavior that continues to result in communication bans and continue to engage in communication that would be deemed against the CoC is less about how others are punished, but you continue to engage in the same behavior
    regardless of the continued negative outcome. You probably need to reassess your question focusing less on others behavior, and more on your own.
  6. Koods Win User

Here's the problem though - Xbox actively give you ways to avoid toxicity in their block, mute & report functions, there is absolutely no need to engage with any messages whatsoever. You by your own admission have went against a very clear code of conduct
    which forbids such activity, it doesn't matter if someone else was doing something, the Enforcement team will deal with you for being in violation of the code of conduct.

They're not biased against you because of your previous conduct, they act against you because you repeatedly fail to follow that code of conduct, the only effect your previous record has in that situation is the length of the ban which I dare say you'll
    notice will start to creep up. I get that someone messaging you is frustrating but be the better player and use the tools at your disposal rather than getting into a verbal altercation which in the end solves nothing & only leads to more frustration for you.
Thema:

1. Xbox being biased towards banning - Similar Threads - being biased towards

2. What's the point in being an Xbox insider?

in XboX Insiders
    What's the point in being an Xbox insider?: Not trolling as I've been in the programme for over a decade but these days it feels like being an insider is less valued than ever. I've been alpha skip ahead or equivalent for a lot of this time...
  3. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  4. This might not be related to me being part of the insiders program but it could be. Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    This might not be related to me being part of the insiders program but it could be. Xbox...: So,I will start by saying my Xbox one is 4 years old and somedays it takes longer than usual to fully start up. Yesterday afternoon it worked just fine, I shut it off like normal and when I went...
  5. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  6. How can I fix the discord server call option being unavailable?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I fix the discord server call option being unavailable?: The discord server view option has completely disappeared. It should display Discord underneath Start a party, but that option isn't there. I've restarted my Xbox, reconnected my xbox account to...
  7. Prank him John not being gayHehehe

in XboX Insiders
    Prank him John not being gayHehehe: 8+ submitted by /u/HillBoys23 [link] [comments]
  8. How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?: I recently started playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint and noticed I was unable to hear voicelines entirely or they sounded like they were speaking from 50 meters away when the character...
  9. How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?: Ever since the new game bar update I haven't been able to go onto gamebar because it says "signing in". No matter how long I wait for it, it continues to be stuck there. I have tried everything...
  10. Password reset NEVER sends a code to my email address - currently being billed for a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Password reset NEVER sends a code to my email address - currently being billed for a...: I have followed tried all the solutions offered here. I have tried to contact support to no avail. I realized from a credit card statement that I am being billed for an xbox pass and cannot login...