Xbox application crashing on startup + unable to make a new local profile via ui

Discus and support Xbox application crashing on startup + unable to make a new local profile via ui in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had a opened up another thread with the same issue but it has been well over a week since I last got a reply back from the support team so I am... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sebastian Fiedler, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Xbox application crashing on startup + unable to make a new local profile via ui

I had a opened up another thread with the same issue but it has been well over a week since I last got a reply back from the support team so I am opening another. A couple months ago at this point my xbox app over night stopped functioning, anytime I attempt to open it the initial loading screen appears for a few seconds then the application immediately closes. Occasionally it will leave an icon in the system tray which will allow me to attempt to open it again with the same result, most of the time however is simply closes fully.

Following advice from the last thread I have:

1. Updated my windows
    2. Checked and corrected services automatic startup such as the Live Game Save, Networking Service, IP Helper, Gaming Services, and the Auth Manager
    3. DISM and SFC scanned my computer and repaired,
    4. And did a complete in-place upgrade/repair of my Windows with a media installation.
    Following I have since been able to make a local account via the command prompt where the broken application and features are working as intended, but never received a message regarding how to fix this primary account or where to go from here.

:)

Sebastian Fiedler, Sep 20, 2022
  2. Sebastian Fiedler Win User

Xbox application crashing on startup + unable to make a new local profile via ui

Sir, I have windows, I have already done this process once before. I would prefer to be deferred to someone higher up if im being suggested to do what I have already stated to have done thank you.
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello Sebastian Fiedler,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you have an issue with your Xbox application that crashes on the start up. As per post description you cannot make new local profile. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will do to the best in our capability to assist you with your concern and help you back to gaming.

We would like to check on this article: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows (microsoft.com) If still the error persist, Let us try to do this method;

1. Create a desktop shortcut for cmd.exe.
    2. Right-click this shortcut, then left-click "Run as administrator".
    3. Accept the challenge. You will get a black frame.
    4. Type these commands and press Enter after each:
      net user "wob1" 123ABC /add
      (to create the account wob1 with 123ABC as a password)
      net localgroup administrators "wob1" /add
      (to promote the account to admin level)
    We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi Sebastian Fiedler,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We would suggest to download Windows. Please check and follow the steps/guide below.

If you are in Windows 10 : Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

If you are on Windows 11: Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Please make sure to secure/back up all your files before performing downloads and read highlighted instruction carefully.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

Hello Sebastian Fiedler,

Since we have done most of the steps in resolving the issue and still the problem persist, we would like you to submit a bug and send a feedback. Please go to this link and follow the steps below.

Submitting a bug through the Xbox App

1. Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon

2. Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu

3. Select “Report a problem”

4. Click Give new feedback

5. Add [Xbox Forum] in “Summarize your feedback” followed by a feedback summary

a. Summary should be descriptive and fully detailing the error you are receiving. Links redirecting to this forum post will not be accepted and will cause a delay in your feedback submission.

6. Category should automatically be selected.

7. In the "add more details" category, you will have the option to "Recreate my problem". Recreating the problem will help us further pinpoint the error you are receiving.

8. Once complete, post the title of the bug report along with the submission date in this thread.
    [​IMG]

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Sebastian Fiedler Win User

Hi Geri, I have already stated in my original post I was able via command prompt to make a new local account, where the broken features are working as intended, no crashes and the ability to use the settings menu to make other accounts. This doesnt address the crux of the issue of how can I fix my primary local account or transfer Everything without headache to that other local account. Thank you for your time.
Thema:

1. Xbox application crashing on startup + unable to make a new local profile via ui - Similar Threads - application crashing startup

2. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  3. Help me I am tied to install XBOX application on my window 11 single home version. Error...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help me I am tied to install XBOX application on my window 11 single home version. Error...: Help me I tied to install Xbox application. Also, I applied all below mentioned command on my laptop. My Window11 comes with Home Single edition 23H2 Version. this command applies my laptop and...
  4. Xbox OS and mobile application feature ideas

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox OS and mobile application feature ideas: 1) Notification that triggers on phone via the Xbox app to input text via phone when the on screen keyboard appears on the Xbox. Currently you can input text already via the Xbox app, but the...
  5. Where on the application page you need to select a country, but I don’t have it there!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where on the application page you need to select a country, but I don’t have it there!: Hello dear Administrators, I would like to ask, I have very good experience for the marketplace and wanted to submit my application for partners, and at the point where I need to select my...
  6. A problem I've been having with logging in on the official Xbox application.

in XBoX Accessibility
    A problem I've been having with logging in on the official Xbox application.: I have been having this problem for months now. I've tried logging into my Xbox account and it's asked for my PIN, as normal. I've entered it, but it has said "We couldn't do this, try again...
  7. Certain applications cause distortion when they launch PC games that are part of Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Certain applications cause distortion when they launch PC games that are part of Game Pass: Certain applications cause distortion when they launch PC games that are part of Game Pass. The other applications' audio is distorted and sounds bad when I launch a gamepass game on my PC,...
  8. When does the Minecraft marketplace application reopen?

in XBoX on Windows
    When does the Minecraft marketplace application reopen?: It has been a long time since THE MINECRAFT PARTNER PROGRAM official website closed the application. So I was wondering when does the next round of application open?...
  9. Cant use xbox application due to error 0x80070490 when trying to update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant use xbox application due to error 0x80070490 when trying to update.: Hi Everyone, I am encountering an extremely frustrating issue with the xbox application on my new desktop PC. I've installed the Xbox application from the Microsoft site and the Windows store,...
  10. The application stops responding to button clicks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The application stops responding to button clicks: Hello. I ran into such a problem, for some reason, when I log into the game, and to be precise in microsoft flyght sim, my game stops responding to mouse clicks, this problem is only with my PC,...