Xbox app won't let me launch or install anything

Discus and support Xbox app won't let me launch or install anything in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Anything I can do except standard troubleshooting? The game just puts me on gaming services page and yes I did installed and reinstalled it and took... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SolidusSnakes, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Xbox app won't let me launch or install anything

Anything I can do except standard troubleshooting? The game just puts me on gaming services page and yes I did installed and reinstalled it and took fixes from previous threads but none worked

:)

SolidusSnakes, Jan 3, 2022
  2. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hi SolidusSnakes,

Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox forums! I am sorry to hear that you struggle with installing games on PC Game Pass. I am happy to help and would like to know precisely which steps you have already tried to troubleshoot this issue. Below are suggested solutions that you can try.

Solution 1: Play games offline on Windows 10 using Offline mode; this error could also be attributed to issues with the Microsoft store not recognizing your entitlement to the game. Would you please click on this link Play games offline on Windows 10 using Offline mode | Xbox Support. Then scroll down and click on the drop-down arrow and look at the steps for How to enable offline play on your device.

Solution 2: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. If some Windows functions aren't working or Windows crashes, use the System File Checker to scan Windows and restore your files. Sometimes corrupted files can cause issues.

Solution 3: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows . Sometimes you can have a situation with permissions or profile corruption. Please follow the steps in this link to see if that fixes the current issue.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as "Answered."
  3. True Rollins Win User

Game not launching from xbox companion app

Having the same issue.. Launching No Mans Sky through the Xbox (beta) app redirects me to 'Gaming Services' in the Microsoft Store which says that it's installed. Have tried uninstalling both with no joy. It has launched before from the Xbox app, but won't
    now.
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox one exchange

Hi, any installed games & apps that are on the internal hard drive will need to be installed/downloaded again on the new Xbox. Your game saves are stored on Cloud and will sync back to the new Xbox when you get it and launch a game.

So you won't actually lose anything.
  5. Samanthabenedetti Win User

can't install the xbox app +run games on said app

nether of those worked as well, the command prompt said it was successful but it still won't let me install the xbox app
  6. Adrian Leček Win User

Need Help with xbox account

Hey Lucas,

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for not answering for some reason It won't let me post. I've tried all the methods you listed, it shows up on the website and when I click to download it, same thing happens. The Xbox app won't let me install it cause its already installed. I've checked apps, forza isn't installed. Not sure what else I could try
Thema:

1. Xbox app won't let me launch or install anything - Similar Threads - app won't let

2. The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D

in XBoX on Windows
    The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D: I tried going into install options and switching the default drive from C to D but it just switches back to C after clicking it. So whenever I download a game and choose drive D the error...
  3. I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...: I've been trying to install games on the (D:) drive through the Xbox app but when I try to, it doesn't let me select it and defaults back to the (C:) drive. Does anyone know why it's doing this?...
  4. Xbox app won't let me sign into the correct account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app won't let me sign into the correct account: I have an Xbox account and it's my main one with everything on it BUT I also have other accounts just ones my siblings can play on so they don't ruin my actual account. But the problem is when I...
  5. Won't let me format for games and apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't let me format for games and apps: I have a Seagate game drive for 2 terabytes that is cleaned of everything but it doesn't want to connect to my xbox for formating games and apps it works perfectly fine for media but not the...
  6. Storage management is broken and won't let me reinstall apps that were moved and deleted.

in XboX Insiders
    Storage management is broken and won't let me reinstall apps that were moved and deleted.: I just got a 8TB Samsung SSD 870 QVO. Initially it seemed to work. After formatting to NTFS on my PC, I attached it via USB 3 cable and my Series X|S asked me to format it to games. It did that....
  7. Xbox app won't let me select my D drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't let me select my D drive: I can see my D drive but it won't let me change my download location to my D drive. It used to let me do that but i don't know why it won't anymore. 040c6872-a0af-40f3-b048-a1f137ab5a9d
  8. It won't let me use my Pin on the Xbox app (mobile)

in XBoX on Windows
    It won't let me use my Pin on the Xbox app (mobile): I've been trying to set up my Xbox for quite some time now, my main issue is when I use my 6 digit pin to set up my Xbox one, i get this error to try again. I've tried doing remote features and it...
  9. Xbox app won't let me install games through gamepass. Please someone help!! I just want to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't let me install games through gamepass. Please someone help!! I just want to...: Have tried factory resetting but didn't work. Gamingroot folder seems to be missing even with hidden files are on but I don't know how to make one. Please someone help me. Just want to play games....
  10. My xbox app won't let me log in

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox app won't let me log in: Recently my Xbox app logged me out and I wanted to log in again, when I press the login button nothing happens, only it shows something like the app refreshed. I've checked the services and...