xbox app wont let me join a party when im on pc and my friends are on xbox. how do i get...

Discus and support xbox app wont let me join a party when im on pc and my friends are on xbox. how do i get... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; xbox app wont let me join a party when im on pc and my friends are on xbox. how do i get this working again? d12a905b-85b5-4c8c-8b6d-75e240ae87d1 Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by dane hueter, Apr 30, 2023.

1. dane hueter
    dane hueter Guest

xbox app wont let me join a party when im on pc and my friends are on xbox. how do i get...

xbox app wont let me join a party when im on pc and my friends are on xbox. how do i get this working again?

:)

dane hueter, Apr 30, 2023
  2. cad5d938-e591-47f3-9 Win User

Cant use my xbox app

Im having the same problem. It wont let me see my friends or join a party
  3. NickRobertson5 Win User

xbox party on windows xbox app issue

none just wont let me join and im not receiveing any of my friends attempts to invite me to the party either
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

xbox app wont let me join a party when im on pc and my friends are on xbox. how do i get this working again?

Hey Dane!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Please confirm the status of your network NAT type on your Windows 10 by going to Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking.

If you’re having a similar problem on Windows 11, open the Xbox Console Companion app, select Settings, and then select the Network tab.

Look for NAT Type. If the status says Teredo is unable to qualify, it means your PC is unable to obtain a Teredo IP address.

In order to fix this, you need to perform some basic troubleshooting steps, here's how:

1.) Make sure you have an internet connection

Press the Search button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.

Select Network & internet. Your network status will appear at the top of the settings page.

2.) Fix it button in Xbox Networking

This solution only applies to Windows 10. If you’re playing on Windows 11, continue to the next solution.

Press the Start button and then select Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking.

Select the Fix it button. Windows will try to detect and fix known issues with Teredo. You may need to restart your PC for changes to take effect.

3.) Check to see if the Teredo is disabled in the registry by a program or by manually configured registry value.

Some programs can alter your PC’s network settings with the purpose of disabling IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6) networking components, which can include the Teredo tunneling adapter. You can determine whether Teredo has been disabled by running the following commands.

Check the iphlpsvc registry path:

Press the Search box on the taskbar, type cmd, and then open the Command prompt.

Run the following command from the Admin command prompt:

reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iphlpsvc\Teredo

If the output includes the following line, Teredo has been disabled:

Type REG_DWORD 0x4

You can re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt:

netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Check the TcpIp6 registry path:

In the search box on the taskbar, type cmd, and then open the Command prompt.

reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TcpIp6\Parameters

If the output includes the following line, and the value displayed is not 0x0, Teredo may have been disabled:

DisabledComponents REG_DWORD 0x8e

You can re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt:

reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0

You may need to restart the IP Helper Service after making any of the above registry changes for the new settings to take effect:

In the search box on the taskbar, type cmd, and then open the Command prompt.

sc stop iphlpsvc

sc start iphlpsvc

While some apps set these registry values to disable Teredo when the app is installed, others set them every time the app starts. If your PC has one of these apps installed, make sure you have the most up-to-date version, or see their support documentation to learn how to enable Teredo tunneling with their software.

As a workaround, you can also disable the service and re-enable Teredo with the following steps:

Select the Search box on the taskbar, type cmd, and then select Command prompt.

Run the following commands from the Admin command prompt to disable the AsusGameFirstService, stop the AsusGameFirstService, and re-enable Teredo in the registry:

sc config AsusGameFirstService start= disabled

sc stop AsusGameFirstService

reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0

Here's the reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/Hardware-Ne...

Please take your time and let me know if it works.
  5. DeathRider241 Win User

Can't join parties or use private chat functions since latest update.

For some reson it wont let me join my friends party and it wont let me join any game we play
  6. ConfederateSCV Win User

Games randomly crash and return to dashboard

My xbox is also doing this. On both ryse son of rome. And battlefield 4. Also when joining partys it wont let myself and or my friend enter the party chat. It will just continuously say failed to join party. Or party chat isnt available at this time. Try
    again later. And we have limited communication between the xbox 1 and our many friends still waiting on the 360. Whom are discouraged to buy a product that was released before it was perfected.....again. I myself am disappointed in the issues im having with
    my console. My xbox was just find last night. And. Ow games wont load. It will just bring the game screen up. Then kick me back to the dashboard... If this issue persists i may return my console.
Thema:

1. xbox app wont let me join a party when im on pc and my friends are on xbox. how do i get... - Similar Threads - app wont let

2. my xbox app wont let me sign in

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox app wont let me sign in: on my pc it just says 0x87DD0006 anyone else have this problem right now? 42b043c6-2436-464f-9773-ded9f60c97f8
  3. xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users: I'm setting up a new pc. Trying to download games to try on it. I log into my account on firefox with no issues. But when I launch the app on the pc it keeps logging me into a similar but...
  4. xbox app wont let me sign in. how do i fix this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app wont let me sign in. how do i fix this?: Every time i try to sign in on the xbox app the login window attempts to pull up but fails and just shoots me back to the dashboard no matter how i try to sign in. I have deleted and redownloaded...
  5. My Xbox App Wont Let Me Login Please Help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox App Wont Let Me Login Please Help: Ive Been Having This Issue for months now everytime i try to troubleshoot no matter what method i use my xbox app wont work whats happening is whenever i try to login the whole app goes black then...
  6. Hey my xbox app wont let me sign in and everytime i try to sign in the buttons go dark then...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey my xbox app wont let me sign in and everytime i try to sign in the buttons go dark then...: Please msg me if you know what to do to fix this issue... 2651ebc5-c769-409c-9ac5-88bf85c76481
  7. Apparently wont let me add a console to my Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Apparently wont let me add a console to my Xbox app: For the past couple years I’ve been able to access Xbox app with my Xbox perfectly but after the discord update I added my discord account to my Xbox and used it to talk in discord voice chats on...
  8. xbox app for pc suddenly tells me gaming services broken and wont let me play or even...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app for pc suddenly tells me gaming services broken and wont let me play or even...: yesterday morning the xbox app on my pc suddenly told me none of my xbox games where installed and when i went to reinstall them it comes up with a box saying gaming services is broken or needs...
  9. xbox app wont let me sign into a different account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app wont let me sign into a different account?: bought a new pc, set it all up woth my outlook account, but my xbox is in aa different account, the xbox app on the pc keeps signing me into the wrong account and every time i click log out, its...
  10. XBox app wont let me select drive to save game in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox app wont let me select drive to save game in.: I have 2 drives on my PC: Drive C (windows installation drive) and Drive D my general drive for photos and games for EA,Epic,Steam. Problem is that the Xbox app says my D drive is not formatted...