Xbox app wont let me install/play anything... Administrator approval required for installation

Discus and support Xbox app wont let me install/play anything... Administrator approval required for installation in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Just as the title says. I had previously connected my work email as a "school & work email" option, but that granted them a lot of permissions in my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by davidpino1, Jul 1, 2022.

1. davidpino1
    davidpino1 Guest

Xbox app wont let me install/play anything... Administrator approval required for installation

Just as the title says.

I had previously connected my work email as a "school & work email" option, but that granted them a lot of permissions in my personal computer that I was not comfortable with. I subsequently removed this access by removing the school/work account that is my work account from the windows settings. However, the XBOX app still displays "Administrator approval required for installation" on every game, whether its already installed or not.

They wont play/open.

I am using the administrator account for this computer (*its the only account on the computer, there are no other log in accounts on this computer*), I cannot right click and "run as admin" as the option is not there on the app.

I tried also finding the actual .EXE file to just do right click > run as administrator on that, but when I tried, it states im missing dependencies sharedlibrary.dll and one other, mdr42_dll or something siimilar.

I am out of ideas...

:)

davidpino1, Jul 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today David

May I know if you already tried creating a new local user for your PC and check if the issue persists there?

Also, the option to execute as admin appears with regular exe/applications?
    For example photoshop, iTunes etc

If the issue persists using a new local account, try running the SFC tool to repair possible system corruptions :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

If that doesn't work (no corruptions) try instead performing an in-place upgrade for your system :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

If you're on windows 11, steps are the same. You just need Windows 11 ISO:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

I'll be waiting for your reply
  4. David Pino1 Win User

it worked, thank you! I was able to launch and install a game through the xbox app. the message is still displayed on the screen about admin acccess required, making it sound like it wouldnt work, but it does now allow me to play and install.

Thank you!
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Amazing!

Glad that it worked!

Happy gaming David and take care
  6. davidpino1 Win User

Hi!

The problem does persist with a new account. I created a new local account with administrator priveledges and I also tried the actual CMD/RUN code to initiate the administrator account for windows and tried that, same issue.

The execute as admin appears on all other programs as usual except for the XBOX APP shortcut for some reason.

I did the steps at the above link for SFC Repair tool and ran all the steps (Check / Scan / Repair), same issue after those steps.

I am attempting the in place upgrade to see if that resolves it.
Thema:

1. Xbox app wont let me install/play anything... Administrator approval required for installation - Similar Threads - app wont let

2. my xbox app wont let me sign in

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox app wont let me sign in: on my pc it just says 0x87DD0006 anyone else have this problem right now? 42b043c6-2436-464f-9773-ded9f60c97f8
  3. xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users: I'm setting up a new pc. Trying to download games to try on it. I log into my account on firefox with no issues. But when I launch the app on the pc it keeps logging me into a similar but...
  4. xbox app wont let me sign in. how do i fix this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app wont let me sign in. how do i fix this?: Every time i try to sign in on the xbox app the login window attempts to pull up but fails and just shoots me back to the dashboard no matter how i try to sign in. I have deleted and redownloaded...
  5. My Xbox App Wont Let Me Login Please Help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox App Wont Let Me Login Please Help: Ive Been Having This Issue for months now everytime i try to troubleshoot no matter what method i use my xbox app wont work whats happening is whenever i try to login the whole app goes black then...
  6. xbox app wont let me join a party when im on pc and my friends are on xbox. how do i get...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox app wont let me join a party when im on pc and my friends are on xbox. how do i get...: xbox app wont let me join a party when im on pc and my friends are on xbox. how do i get this working again? d12a905b-85b5-4c8c-8b6d-75e240ae87d1
  7. Hey my xbox app wont let me sign in and everytime i try to sign in the buttons go dark then...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey my xbox app wont let me sign in and everytime i try to sign in the buttons go dark then...: Please msg me if you know what to do to fix this issue... 2651ebc5-c769-409c-9ac5-88bf85c76481
  8. Apparently wont let me add a console to my Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Apparently wont let me add a console to my Xbox app: For the past couple years I’ve been able to access Xbox app with my Xbox perfectly but after the discord update I added my discord account to my Xbox and used it to talk in discord voice chats on...
  9. xbox app for pc suddenly tells me gaming services broken and wont let me play or even...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app for pc suddenly tells me gaming services broken and wont let me play or even...: yesterday morning the xbox app on my pc suddenly told me none of my xbox games where installed and when i went to reinstall them it comes up with a box saying gaming services is broken or needs...
  10. xbox app wont let me sign into a different account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app wont let me sign into a different account?: bought a new pc, set it all up woth my outlook account, but my xbox is in aa different account, the xbox app on the pc keeps signing me into the wrong account and every time i click log out, its...