Xbox app won't launch

Discus and support Xbox app won't launch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I am having the same crashing. Issues as well as lots I’ve done all of the above to try to resolve this but nothin has... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by bryce77789, Mar 17, 2023.

1. bryce77789
    bryce77789 Guest

Xbox app won't launch

I am having the same crashing. Issues as well as lots I’ve done all of the above to try to resolve this but nothin has worked yet and of reviews on the windows store are reflecting the current situation (lots of 1 stars) I haven’t been able to keep the Xbox app open at all

:)

bryce77789, Mar 17, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Xbox app won't launch

Hello bryce77789,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• Current version and edition of you Windows OS?
    • Was this working before?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Restart your deviceAs basic as this is, a simple restart can set many things right.

Make sure Windows is up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    2. On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    3. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
    4. Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    5. Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    For more info, go to:

Windows Update

Update your Windows and device driversFor the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    2. Select Library.
    3. Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Make sure you’re signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same accountWhen you open the Xbox app on your device, be sure you sign in to the app using your own Xbox account. You may also need to be signed in to the Store (xbox.com) in order to play a purchased game.

To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

For help with signing in, go to:

Sign in to Xbox

Having trouble installing EA Play games from the Xbox app for Windows?Try closing both the Xbox app and the EA app, and then relaunch the Xbox app.

Remove and reinstall Gaming ServicesReinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.
    Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Xbox app won't launch

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. OpticRJames Win User

apps won't launch

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Repair the Gaming Services app and Xbox app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the repair button, do the same for the Xbox app, try launching any game and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to launch any game and see if it works.

Solution 3:

Please open the PowerShell in admin mode and paste the following below:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox app/Halo Master Chief Collection

A lot of people are having this issue, it won't launch from the Xbox (Beta) app, but it launches perfectly fine from both the Xbox Console Companion app, and from the Start menu itself. It's an extra step needed to launch the game, but that should help
    you get into the game until they resolve the issue with the app.
  6. True Rollins Win User

Game not launching from xbox companion app

Having the same issue.. Launching No Mans Sky through the Xbox (beta) app redirects me to 'Gaming Services' in the Microsoft Store which says that it's installed. Have tried uninstalling both with no joy. It has launched before from the Xbox app, but won't
    now.
Thema:

Xbox app won't launch

1. Xbox app won't launch - Similar Threads - app won't launch

2. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...
  3. Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games: I have tried everything from repairing to resetting the apps, to uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and games and still the games won't launch, specifically Microsoft owned games, like Fallout...
  4. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...
  5. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
  6. My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.: I have tried everything short of repurchasing game pass as it won't even let me do that. About 9pm on October 11 2023, our internet needed to be restarted. We restart the internet to find out...
  7. Xbox app won't launch after the latest update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't launch after the latest update.: The Xbox app won't launch after the latest update. When I try to open the Xbox app, the Xbox app window appears for 1 second and closes. If I restore the Windows system to an earlier restore...
  8. Starfield won't launch on pc from xbox app. error code (0xc000001d)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield won't launch on pc from xbox app. error code (0xc000001d): Starfield won't launch on pc from xbox app. error code (0xc000001d) 5fbafbe0-7317-4873-8fea-e052c19e4e56
  9. Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,: I have a total of 7 devices associated with my Windows account after removing some old ones. I have other games on Gamepass I can play from the Xbox App. All drivers and windows files are up to...
  10. Xbox app won't launch after installed gaming services on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app won't launch after installed gaming services on Windows 10: My Xbox app Xbox app won't launch after I've installed gaming services. I've tried to follow some video on YouTube but it still doesn't work. " Step 1) Logout & Login on Microsoft store, make sure...