Xbox App Won't Launch Games, Downloading issues

Discus and support Xbox App Won't Launch Games, Downloading issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm playing my games on a Legion 7 Slim, and it's been working pretty well until three days ago. I wanted to play some Generation Zero (what with the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KarateGamer, Nov 14, 2022.

1. KarateGamer
    KarateGamer Guest

I'm playing my games on a Legion 7 Slim, and it's been working pretty well until three days ago. I wanted to play some Generation Zero (what with the new update, loving what I've seen so far) but when I tried to launch it from the app nothing happens. A small background task shows up in task manager and nothing else happens, but occasionally the game will start anywhere from 1.5-3 hours later like nothing happened. I reset the xbox app, tried finagling with game services, restarted PC, but it hasn't changed at all. Plus, new game downloads don't make any progress, e.g. I've been downloading Medieval Dynasty but after resuming/restarting installation, it shows "Downloading; 0% done, 0 MB/s"
    What's going on? Steam games are working just fine, and up until the 10th, I was playing games like normal.

:)

KarateGamer, Nov 14, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

What didn’t worked, the in-place upgrade? Or both in-place and custom windows installation?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, yes
    You can recover the personal files after that. All of them are inside windows.old
  4. KarateGamer Win User

No updates recently, just some of the intelligence patches from late October. Changing WiFi had no effect, even on mobile data. Issue even persists through a system reset while keeping personal files.
  5. KarateGamer Win User

I tried the options above and none of them worked.
  6. KarateGamer Win User

Okay, SFC didn't help but am currently downloading the ISO.

This issue is wonky, ain't it?
Thema:

1. Xbox App Won't Launch Games, Downloading issues - Similar Threads - App Won't Launch

2. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...
  3. Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games: I have tried everything from repairing to resetting the apps, to uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and games and still the games won't launch, specifically Microsoft owned games, like Fallout...
  4. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...
  5. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
  6. My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.: I have tried everything short of repurchasing game pass as it won't even let me do that. About 9pm on October 11 2023, our internet needed to be restarted. We restart the internet to find out...
  7. Xbox app won't launch after the latest update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't launch after the latest update.: The Xbox app won't launch after the latest update. When I try to open the Xbox app, the Xbox app window appears for 1 second and closes. If I restore the Windows system to an earlier restore...
  8. Starfield won't launch on pc from xbox app. error code (0xc000001d)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield won't launch on pc from xbox app. error code (0xc000001d): Starfield won't launch on pc from xbox app. error code (0xc000001d) 5fbafbe0-7317-4873-8fea-e052c19e4e56
  9. Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,: I have a total of 7 devices associated with my Windows account after removing some old ones. I have other games on Gamepass I can play from the Xbox App. All drivers and windows files are up to...
  10. Xbox app won't launch after installed gaming services on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app won't launch after installed gaming services on Windows 10: My Xbox app Xbox app won't launch after I've installed gaming services. I've tried to follow some video on YouTube but it still doesn't work. " Step 1) Logout & Login on Microsoft store, make sure...