Xbox app won't launch and Gaming Services cannot be installed

Discus and support Xbox app won't launch and Gaming Services cannot be installed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I just got an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. I download Chain of Echoes, I try to launch it, it is stuck on the screen saying... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Spazzy Mc, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Spazzy Mc
    Spazzy Mc Guest

Hi there,

I just got an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

I download Chain of Echoes, I try to launch it, it is stuck on the screen saying 'Signing In' forever and never changes.

1. I install windows updates and xbox app updates and microsoft store updates. Doesn't help.
    2. I go to Apps & Features > Gaming Services and click Terminate and Repair a few times.
      Same issue with Chain of Echoes Signing In.
    3. I go to Settings > Apps & Features > Gaming Services and click Terminate, Repair, then Reset.
      I launch the Xbox app and all my games are gone, and I see a message saying I need to install Gaming Services to launch my games. I click in the message for it to download, and after waiting for more than 30 minutes, nothing changed and Gaming Services was not installed. There was no pop up asking me to approve anything.
    4. I go to Settings > ... > Xbox and click Terminate and Repair.
      I go to the same for Gaming Services and click Terminate and Repair and Reset.
      I try to launch the Xbox app, but it just shows the black screen with a pulsating xbox logo forever and never launches.
      I cannot find Gaming Services on my computer in the list of Apps & Features.
    5. I try to follow the instructions in XBF - Dom's first reply suggestion: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e/c65c55a7-b5d4-4802-86bb-911ae0e73057?page=1
    6. When I enter the cmd 'start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN' in PS, the windows store that opens shows no option to install Gaming Services.
      I apparently am unable to attach the image to this post but it just says 'failed to upload' for no reason. The Microsoft Store looks like the screenshot in Timmyno1's post on this page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/microsoft-gaming-services-no-install-option-cant/f71ec807-099b-4b79-917f-695aef2b8718#:~:text=Go%20to%20windows%20settings%20%3E%20apps,the%20app%20and%20try%20again.
      Update:
      I now see a warning below where the Update or Install button would be stating 'There has been an error'. The Install button is there, but it has a loading wheel and it cannot be clicked.
    7. Update: I restarted my PC, and now I can launch the Xbox app, and see the same warning about needing to Install Gaming Services, and when I click to install, I have the same issue as step 3 where nothing happens.
    8. Update: now I can open the Xbox app, I can see my games, Gaming Services has been installed, but now I am back where I started where Chained Echoes is stuck at the Signing In window without changing.
    Now I cannot access my games or launch them, even in the Xbox Console Companion app (which I can still open).

I will never and can never buy another game on Xbox until this is resolved.

What can I do to resolve this?

:)

Spazzy Mc, Mar 1, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Microsoft Gameinput is causing my system freeze at random. can anyone tell any solution to this?????

Hello Kunal Prasad,

Thanks for the reply.

Totally fine, the first command is for removing Gaming Services in which this won't be installable if Xbox app is not launch. The second command will open Microsoft Store to see Gaming Services for installation. If installation did not start, you may launch Xbox app and take a closer look at the lower part of the app, you most likely will see on that part if there is an update needs to be installed or Gaming Services needs installation.

Regards,

3. True Rollins Win User

Game not launching from xbox companion app

Having the same issue.. Launching No Mans Sky through the Xbox (beta) app redirects me to 'Gaming Services' in the Microsoft Store which says that it's installed. Have tried uninstalling both with no joy. It has launched before from the Xbox app, but won't
    now.
  4. philt6 Win User

PC Game Pass - stuck on preparing / not launching games

This started happening yesterday.

Attempted to download Outriders sat on preparing for over 4 hours. Followed all "fixes" available

• closed all apps
    • repaired gaming services
    • reset gaming services
    • repaired xbox app
    • reset xbox app
    • uninstalled xbox app
    • uninstalled gaming services using powershell command
    • used wsreset on microsoft store
    • refreshed all windows apps
    • reinstalled xbox app which in turn installed gaming services
    At this point the game installed - won't launch

[I followed another guide to reset permissions in storage as this had happened to another user but this did not work]

• reset PC
    Downloaded - won't launch

• Completed full format & reinstall of windows
    • ran all updates
    The game eventually installed - won't launch

Tried to install hitman doesn't move from "preparing 0%"

Tried to install Doom Eternal Doesn't even appear in the library

I feel like I've exhausted all avenues - everything was working absolutely fine not 2 days ago what has caused the issue??
    Try disabling ipv6 in your network settings. It's worked for me. I think that's the same reason why others report VPNs working.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices

you get that error because gaming services is not installed or updated, gaming services can only install and launch on standard pc architecture and not arm based devices.

the xbox app requires gaming services to be installed to be able to download most xbox app games (gamepass games).
  6. SupachaiLimwattana Win User

Xbox app won't launch after installed gaming services on Windows 10

Thank you for your help, but it doesn't work.

My problem is I can't access Xbox app when gaming services has installed. I can access the Xbox app after I remove the gaming services by this command "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers".

even if I can access the Xbox app, it notifies me that I need to download gaming services. If I do, it just like it could not install (nothing happens and game cannot install, display preparing button). If I close this Xbox window and re-open it, I will not be able to launch the app (stuck in Xbox logo loading screen)

My computer cannot install windows 11 (no TPM 2.0) and I try to update windows every time I try.

My EA Play is work fine. no any problems.

PS. By the way, I wasted my Pc Gamepass for a month with nothing.
Thema:

1. Xbox app won't launch and Gaming Services cannot be installed - Similar Threads - app won't launch

2. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...
  3. Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games: I have tried everything from repairing to resetting the apps, to uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and games and still the games won't launch, specifically Microsoft owned games, like Fallout...
  4. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...
  5. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
  6. My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.: I have tried everything short of repurchasing game pass as it won't even let me do that. About 9pm on October 11 2023, our internet needed to be restarted. We restart the internet to find out...
  7. Xbox app won't launch after the latest update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't launch after the latest update.: The Xbox app won't launch after the latest update. When I try to open the Xbox app, the Xbox app window appears for 1 second and closes. If I restore the Windows system to an earlier restore...
  8. Starfield won't launch on pc from xbox app. error code (0xc000001d)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield won't launch on pc from xbox app. error code (0xc000001d): Starfield won't launch on pc from xbox app. error code (0xc000001d) 5fbafbe0-7317-4873-8fea-e052c19e4e56
  9. Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,: I have a total of 7 devices associated with my Windows account after removing some old ones. I have other games on Gamepass I can play from the Xbox App. All drivers and windows files are up to...
  10. Xbox app won't launch after installed gaming services on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app won't launch after installed gaming services on Windows 10: My Xbox app Xbox app won't launch after I've installed gaming services. I've tried to follow some video on YouTube but it still doesn't work. " Step 1) Logout & Login on Microsoft store, make sure...