Xbox app won't install to my game drive because the folder it's looking for there doesn't exist

Discus and support Xbox app won't install to my game drive because the folder it's looking for there doesn't exist in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I uninstalled Warhammer 40K: Darktide from my games drive F:\ via the xbox app this evening. When I went to install a different game, the app refused... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cyberwaste, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Cyberwaste
    Cyberwaste Guest

Xbox app won't install to my game drive because the folder it's looking for there doesn't exist

I uninstalled Warhammer 40K: Darktide from my games drive F:\ via the xbox app this evening. When I went to install a different game, the app refused to list my F drive as a possible install location.

When I clicked the orange lettering 'Not seeing your drives?' it stated that 'F: - We didn't find F:\Warhammer 40K - Darktide. Make sure the folder exists and try again.'

Why would that folder exist after I uninstalled the game and why would a different game be installed into that folder?

How can I designate a different folder on my F: drive to install to?

:)

Cyberwaste, Jan 10, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Gamepass Pc

Hi,

Error 0x80070005 is an 'access denied' error code. It means that games and apps can't be installed due to file access restrictions.

Did you use D:\ drive on a previous PC or previous install of Windows 10?

Games and Apps on Windows 10 Store install to a folder called 'WindowsApps', if this folder already exists on your drive, you won't be able to install games.
  3. XboxPCGamer Win User

Rage 2 stopped working after starting the game

Only way I found to fix it was to uninstall the Xbox (beta) app then manually delete the WindowsApp folder on the drive.

I made sure the only WindowsApp folder was on the C:\ and it didn't have any Xbox Game data in there - then rebooted and re-installed the Xbox (beta) app. Note: Repair or reinstall over an existing install did not work. Had to purge the system of all
    things Xbox before re-install and then it worked. Also, it was the only game that I downloaded and confirmed as working before downloading the other games.

Hopefully you didn't install this to your C:\ because then you won't be able to delete the folder without causing some problems with Win10.

I can only guess that somewhere it got confused with the multiple drives/volumes on my system. If you can create a separate volume just for the Xbox games then install them there. That way if you have to wipe the drive and start over it won't affect your
    save games and you can just download a fresh copy of the game.

Hope that helps.
  4. Pamela and MichaelTa Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator folder isn't found in the Roaming folder. Where can I find it?

Hi Manuela,

I did install the game on an SSD drive that's separate from the c:\ drive that has the OS installed. Like a lot of people, that c:\ drive just isn't big enough for MSFS. My problem is not that I can't find the Community file. I know where that is.

My problem is that the G1000 Simulator FIP software setup is asking me to enter the "roaming app data folder" path for MSFS. It gives this path as an example, "c:\Users\[profile name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator" but that directory does not exist on my c:\ drive where the Users folder is. There is a "c:\Users\[profile name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft" folder but that one doesn't have a subfolder called "Microsoft Flight Simulator."

I'm thinking that this might be because I didn't install MSFS on the c:\ drive but I don't know where else to look for the roaming app data folder path. I don't see a folder with that name on the SSD that I installed the game on.

Do you (or anyone else) have suggestions for what the path might be?

Michael
  5. ThomasSmith_406 Win User

Why the hell is guardians of the galaxy reinstalling itself when i deleted it and abox app on pc, it wont even show on control panel

Well it's weird because the acc I'm using is the second account on my PC because I had to switch, it should have access to all folders but it won't let me. I'll try and find the Xbox app folder but I deleted that as well. Sometimes when it decides to install and I try to uninstall it sometimes doesn't and is very slow.
  6. ClausReich Win User

Unmounting Local Disk: Z causes Xbox App to not work properly

It is on the Z: drive most likely because Windows set up the folders there in the likelyhood that you were going to use that drive to install games. But, given that you don't plan to do that, try to change the default drive as I've mentioned on my own first message. If that doesn't work, then try to install your game to the default drive selected, using the Microsoft Store to install your game.

You can also sign out of the Xbox app by pressing the profile picture on the app, and then sign out. Sign in again afterwards, and check if the issue still occurs.
Thema:

1. Xbox app won't install to my game drive because the folder it's looking for there doesn't exist - Similar Threads - app won't install

2. For some reason Xbox app won't install properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For some reason Xbox app won't install properly: For some reason Xbox app won't install properly and when it say downloading after 5 minutes it stays at 1% and then says. " Looks like something went wrong", We weren't able to install the app...
  3. xbox app won't install on pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app won't install on pc.: Today I reinstalled windows on my machine and now the xbox app will not update or download. I even reinstalled windows again to make sure something never went wrong. I'm also reading others are...
  4. Xbox App simply won't install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App simply won't install: I have been going crazy trying to install the Xbox app, and get gamepass on PC afterwards. I had it before on my older PC - I got a new PC this summer and never bothered with installing gamepass...
  5. I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...: I've been trying to install games on the (D:) drive through the Xbox app but when I try to, it doesn't let me select it and defaults back to the (C:) drive. Does anyone know why it's doing this?...
  6. Xbox app and microsoft store app won't work, wont install anything and won';t install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app and microsoft store app won't work, wont install anything and won';t install.: It's insane how bad microsoft designs their apps tbh the xbox app won't install using either the microsoft store, with it being stuck on retry, and with the installer it just being stuck in...
  7. The games and apps I have installed won't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The games and apps I have installed won't open: I try to open a game or app and I get stuck looking and the app tile and then get told that the game or app took to long to start also my controller disconnects itself from time to time and I...
  8. Xbox app won't launch after installed gaming services on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app won't launch after installed gaming services on Windows 10: My Xbox app Xbox app won't launch after I've installed gaming services. I've tried to follow some video on YouTube but it still doesn't work. " Step 1) Logout & Login on Microsoft store, make sure...
  9. Why won't my apps install, but my games will?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my apps install, but my games will?: I can't install apps, only games. Brand new series s 1c4a169a-ed60-41fe-8dbd-910a0024cac9
  10. Xbox App on PC won't allow me to change my installation location to my D: Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App on PC won't allow me to change my installation location to my D: Drive: Recently I have purchased Xbox Game Pass on my Windows 11 PC however I cannot change my installation to my D: Drive and get the drive issue "D: - This drive isn't formatted as NTFS. (it is NTFS)...