Xbox app (Windows 11) sometimes does not track time played

Discus and support Xbox app (Windows 11) sometimes does not track time played in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have had some issues with the Xbox desktop app not tracking time played for several games, and I'm trying to figure out what's causing it. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AONomad, Oct 3, 2022.

1. AONomad
    AONomad Guest

I have had some issues with the Xbox desktop app not tracking time played for several games, and I'm trying to figure out what's causing it.

• I have Game Pass Ultimate
    • I always use the official Xbox Windows 11 app, no third-party apps or overlays
    • I have tried leaving the app running in the background and it still doesn't track
    • I have tried waiting, the time doesn't show up even after days and weeks of waiting
    • This is a new computer with a fresh Windows 11 installation, about 1 week old
    For example, today I played around 3 hours of The Forgotten City, but it only tracked 42 minutes from the first session, and then the next few times I played it didn't track anything at all.

Back in August, it didn't even register that I played What Became of Edith Finch at all, even though I completed that game. (Different computer -- so this problem is happening despite switching PCs).

Appreciate any ideas for things I can try.

:)

AONomad, Oct 3, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello AONomad,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss those concerns as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi AONomad,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are having an issue with Xbox app that does not time time track on play. As per post description, you are in new computer with newly installed Windows 11. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will do to the best in our capability to assist you with your concern.

We want to know more details about it, please provide us the information needed to sort out the issue by answering these questions.

• Is your system updated to the latest version?
    • Have you tried doing a hard reset by turning off the PC, unplug it from the outlet and plug it back after 30 seconds?
    Please try to visit this helpful link for you to get some ideas that you might have missed while doing to resolve the issue. View your time played for Xbox-enabled console and PC games | Xbox Support.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Unable to install xbox app in Windows 10/11.

The Xbox App is already built into Windows 11 and therefore can not be installed.

Does it not show load if you search for 'Xbox' in the Windows 11 search box?
  5. MikeM132 Win User

Update DRM license for all XBOX music pass content on WP8

I have the same issue and tried downloading one track directly to the phone (wifi). This allowed tracks downloaded via Xbox Music App and transferred to phone via Windows 8 app to play. Windows 8 app apparently does not transfer DRM to the phone on it's
    own. I agree, it is a TERRIBLE music transfer app. WMP would be fine, but WMP cannot see Xbox Music "rental" content---only content downloaded using Zune software. This is a problem.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Background Apps in Windows 11

that is for windows 10, that does not work for windows 11, you have to go through each app individually on windows 11 in the apps section, which he has done and still not working.
Thema:

1. Xbox app (Windows 11) sometimes does not track time played - Similar Threads - app Windows sometimes

2. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  5. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  6. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  7. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  8. how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything: pls help i am having issues launching the xbox app on pc and only leaves me on the updating screen with the logo on it 608bf44c-2b36-4960-9b0a-e8ac99046022
  9. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  10. Need help with xbox app on Windows

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with xbox app on Windows: For the last 2 weeks I been trying to use the xbox app on pc and no matter what I do my headset doesn't work in parties. My mic isn't muted in anyway because it shows it working in the test area....