Xbox App will not save Message Notifications Setting

Discus and support Xbox App will not save Message Notifications Setting in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The Xbox App does not retain the setting to get message notifications. All other setting I change stay, but this particular setting will turn off as... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by x2ShredsYouSayx, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Xbox App will not save Message Notifications Setting

The Xbox App does not retain the setting to get message notifications. All other setting I change stay, but this particular setting will turn off as soon as I leave the settings. I’ve verified that my notifications for the Xbox App are on, signed out/into
    the app, and tried deleting and redone loading the app.

A fix would be much appreciated.

:)

x2ShredsYouSayx, Dec 8, 2017
  2. Wilfred Mac
    Wilfred Mac Guest
    XBOX on Windows 10 Notifications?

Hi,

We would like to know if you are referring to the notification settings on the Xbox app. These are the settings that you can change on the Xbox app notifications. You can do this by going to Xbox app>Settings>Notifications.

Notifications - The following items can be adjusted:

• Favorite online (notifies you when favorite friends are online).
    • Twitch broadcast started (notifies you when favorite friends start broadcasting).
    • Message (notifies you when you get a new message).

If you are referring to the notification of the Xbox Live from the control center is currently not available. We recommend that you submit or send this as a suggestion feature for the Xbox app. You may submit this request to our Xbox Feedback Hub. To do
    this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 8, 2017
  3. Nogs30
    Nogs30 Guest
    Notification problem

No message notifications since last update (22-dec-2016)

Sounds for notifications have not worked since past 3-5 updates

Have removed app, restarted phone, reinstalled, restarted phone, launched app. Yes all settings for notifications / sound / etc are on and have been toggled off, restarted, toggled on, restarted.

UPDATE: Notifications working now, but still no sound when phone locked or in another app. Sound only plays when in xbox app but not while messaging portion of app is displayed.

iphone 4s

ios 9.3.5

connected via 4g/wifi

xbox ver 1612.1213.1222

Nogs30, Dec 8, 2017
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

email notifications

Yes I get mine through the Xbox app. You can select, in the Settings in the app, what to receive notifications for. So just make sure you go into the notification settings and set it to where you receive a notification on your phone for new messages. You
    can set it for other things as well.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Not getting notifications on Xbox app

To check the system notification settings for the Xbox app, follow these steps (steps may vary depending on your device):

On your mobile device, go to the main Settings menu.

Look for the section or category related to notifications or apps.

Scroll down and locate the Xbox app in the list of installed apps.

Tap on the Xbox app to access its notification settings.

Ensure that notifications are allowed or enabled for the Xbox app.

If you still can't find the notification settings within the system settings, it's possible that the Xbox app doesn't have separate notification controls and relies on the default notification settings of your device.

If you have already verified that notifications are enabled for the Xbox app in your device's settings, and you're still not receiving friend notifications, it's likely a technical issue with the app itself.
  6. Richard Vazquez1 Win User

I dont get party invites on my Xbox game bar - PC VERSION

Xbox companion app is discontinued, and the "Party Invitations" and "Games" notification settings are nonexistent in the Xbox PC app. Settings for invites and messages are all on the Game Bar app for PC.

You'll just have to make sure these settings are checked after reinstalling the game bar @ (Game Bar)Settings>Notifications>Xbox Social>Notify me when I'm invited to a party or multiplayer game
  7. Hexaae Win User

Xbox (beta) causing computer not to sleep

Same here.

And notifications do not work: I have no Windows notification from chat messages stored in the notification area when is set to not disturb. Notifications should be there as any other app do when I open notification area, even if set to not disturb.
  8. Wilfred Mac Win User

XBOX on Windows 10 Notifications?

Hi,

We would like to know if you are referring to the notification settings on the Xbox app. These are the settings that you can change on the Xbox app notifications. You can do this by going to Xbox app>Settings>Notifications.

Notifications - The following items can be adjusted:

• Favorite online (notifies you when favorite friends are online).
    • Twitch broadcast started (notifies you when favorite friends start broadcasting).
    • Message (notifies you when you get a new message).

If you are referring to the notification of the Xbox Live from the control center is currently not available. We recommend that you submit or send this as a suggestion feature for the Xbox app. You may submit this request to our Xbox Feedback Hub. To do
    this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.
Thema:

Xbox App will not save Message Notifications Setting

1. Xbox App will not save Message Notifications Setting - Similar Threads - App save Message

2. If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?: Hello, Recently I had error E106. Downloaded and tried the offline system update OSU1 but had no luck, instead error E102 came up. I haven't tried to reset the console yet because i'm worried...
  3. I keep getting we can't save more data for this game or app. What do I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting we can't save more data for this game or app. What do I do: So I load up fall out 4 and this message come up. But I have more than enough storage and two storage drives. I tried taking out the storage drives but it still says it....
  4. My xbox one will not allow me to delete the save files from my game & app menu. What do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one will not allow me to delete the save files from my game & app menu. What do I...: My xbox one will not delete saved files from my game & app menu. I followed what the guidelines suggest and every time I reboot or restart my files are still there....
  5. Xbox one keeps saying can’t save anymore data for this game or app I

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one keeps saying can’t save anymore data for this game or app I: I’ve tried clearing cache and it keeps doing it 60fdc5a0-d069-4d5f-a5e3-6520e43d0320
  6. Wartales saves keep disappearing after Xbox App gets stuck on "syncing files"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wartales saves keep disappearing after Xbox App gets stuck on "syncing files": I have Wartales installed via the Xbox App for PC (w/ Game Pass subscription) and every couple of times when I launch the game, it gets stuck on "syncing files". I've left it there for an hour and...
  7. Will Reset and keep my games & apps clear my game save data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Reset and keep my games & apps clear my game save data?: I could not get my Xbox One from 2013 to turn on, so I unplugged the power from the wall and the brick. It came up with a screen that said "Preparing Console", so after it hit 100% I turned it...
  8. Xbox accesories app not saving controller profiles on pc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accesories app not saving controller profiles on pc.: Hi, I'm currently having an issue with the accesories app on pc not saving profiles on my elite series 2 when I map my paddles. When I map my paddles and go back to the main screen, the profile I...
  9. "We can't save more data for this game or app" won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    "We can't save more data for this game or app" won't go away: I keep getting this message everytime I open a game on my Xbox Series X I've deleted games and deleted save data but nothing has fixed it 8018d693-54ac-4bd2-9175-3a80a7444e12
  10. My Xbox keeps sending me the message "We can't save more data for this game or app", but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox keeps sending me the message "We can't save more data for this game or app", but...: This message "We can't save more data for this game or app" only appears when I play Minecraft, which itself has been having some issues in the past months. (I won't go into it here but basically...