Xbox App will not install on Windows 11

Discus and support Xbox App will not install on Windows 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've uninstalled reinstalled, repaired, uninstalled again and now I can't even install the app. What's the deal? The store literally just wont show a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jake Fee, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Jake Fee
    Jake Fee Guest

I've uninstalled reinstalled, repaired, uninstalled again and now I can't even install the app. What's the deal? The store literally just wont show a download button and If i try to install from the website it also just stalls out.

Xbox App will not install on Windows 11 [​IMG]

Xbox App will not install on Windows 11 [​IMG]

:)

Jake Fee, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Unable to install xbox app in Windows 10/11.

The Xbox App is already built into Windows 11 and therefore can not be installed.

Does it not show load if you search for 'Xbox' in the Windows 11 search box?
  3. LokeshDokara Win User

All text is bug_me in Injustice 2

I am playing on Windows 11 PC. Installed the game using Xbox App.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

unable to change my gamer picture please help

try the xbox companion app instead, not the xbox app but the older companion app, its already installed on windows 10 or if windows 11 can be downloaded from the store, usually works fine that way.
  5. spynovel Win User

Halo the master chief collection does not start

So sick of seeing these responses. First, OP is not on Windows 10, they're on Windows 11. Look at the screenshot. Second, resetting the store, re-installing Xbox app, and deleting registry keys does NOTHING. I just clean installed Windows 11 and have similar problems.
  6. Keir Guild Win User

Can’ launch Game Pass Games from PC (Error 0x80004005)

Hi Georges,

Thanks for trying to help.

I am on Windows 11 and everything is up to date, both windows, the Xbox App and all the games.

I have verified and repaired all games. I have deleted and reinstalled the Xbox App. I have downloaded a windows 11 iso file and performed an inline install (I.e a complete reinstall of windows 11 but keeping apps and files). None of it has resolved this issue
Thema:

1. Xbox App will not install on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - App install Windows

2. I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...: I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message from Windows 11: "We weren't able to install the app (0x80073CF6)" 31635452-d5bb-429e-a940-28a80cf9fb78
  3. Will the xbox app detect my previously installed games after installing new windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the xbox app detect my previously installed games after installing new windows?: im currently on windows 10 and im going fresh install windows 11 on my pc. i have 3 games of around 150gb on my hard drive (downloaded using xbox app) and im going to install windows on a...
  4. Fresh Windows install to fix up gaming PC but in Xbox App Settings for Offline Devices Get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fresh Windows install to fix up gaming PC but in Xbox App Settings for Offline Devices Get...: You are at the limit of 3 selections of PC for offline play in 365 days. You can choose a new PC on... But it's the same computer just with a fresh Windows Install. Same Serial Number and...
  5. I can't install Xbox app on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Xbox app on Windows 11: Hi, I've just reinstalled Windows 11 on my PC. All updates, drivers etc installed OK. When I opened the Microsoft Store it updates all the apps but then seems to get stuck on the Xbox app and the...
  6. XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11: Reinstalled windows today (2023-12-02) and unable to install Xbox app, I've downloaded it from the XBox website, and the installer keep looping though the words: - making things awesome -...
  7. Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop: I can download the app. But can't seem to install it. a17e8316-74fb-4279-9b22-7d3cbf9bb62c
  8. PLEASE Fix The 0x803FB005 Error Code When Installing The Xbox App on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PLEASE Fix The 0x803FB005 Error Code When Installing The Xbox App on Windows 11: Based on the recent forum posts, some as recent as an hour or 30 minutes ago, I'm not the only person having this issue. I uninstalled the Xbox app because it is broken, it kept insisting that I...
  9. Error Code: 0x803FB005 installing XBox app on windows 10 pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code: 0x803FB005 installing XBox app on windows 10 pc: We can't install xbox app from microsoft store. We get: Error Code: 0x803FB005 - My teenage son uninstalled it on his machine because it was crashing, when he went to reinstall it that is when the...
  10. Clean Install of WIndows 11, Now the XBOX app does not show my library. Tried all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Clean Install of WIndows 11, Now the XBOX app does not show my library. Tried all...: Clean Install of Windows 11, Now the XBOX PC app does not show my library. Tried all troubleshooting options. Mobile seems to show my library and history, just not the PC app. Signed out and back...