xbox app stuck on checking for updates forever

Discus and support xbox app stuck on checking for updates forever in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i treid downloading skyrim special edition and morriwand on the xbox app on windows 11 in manage downloads it says checking for updates and i cant... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ari Inkster, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Ari Inkster
    Ari Inkster Guest

i treid downloading skyrim special edition and morriwand on the xbox app on windows 11 in manage downloads it says checking for updates and i cant uninstall/download/cancel anything

xbox app stuck on checking for updates forever [​IMG]

xbox app stuck on checking for updates forever [​IMG]

:)

Ari Inkster, Mar 17, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

I see. I really can feel you here however this means the issue is on your PC. The last resort is to format it. This will make your system good as new however you'll be needing to reinstall everything.
  3. xXTigerZeroXx Win User

Same here, this happens every time the Xbox app needs an update. It takes many tries to get it to work every month. I really dread the updates now. I know your saying it's a problem with our devices, but I've heard this complaint many times from many people. Plus we all deal with the other problematic Microsoft updates all the time. Microsoft can and should do better, period.
  4. Ari Inkster Win User

hi nice to meet you. I've tried that but it still didn't work.
  5. Timathius Payne Win User

This is what fixed this problem for me ON PC

• open windows app store (microsoft store)
    • log out from your primary account (in the microsoft store)
    • go to windows services
    • stop "windows update service"
    • erase contents of folder: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
    • restart your computer
    • open windows app store, log in yourself
    • start xbox app (beta)
    • download game

If repairing, terminating, and sign out sign in and a lot of other annoying steps dont work. This did.
  6. JohnMc117 Win User

Hey every other app/launcher on runs fine except the Xbox app. That definitely means that your PC is the issue here, not the notoriously buggy crash laden Xbox app! lmao
Thema:

1. xbox app stuck on checking for updates forever - Similar Threads - app stuck checking

2. Xbox app on PC is not opening anymore. Is stuck on startup screen before crashing...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app on PC is not opening anymore. Is stuck on startup screen before crashing...: I've tried scanning and repairing the xbox app, deleting and attempting to reinstall everything. I am stuck on the same issue. Any suggestions? 5f814e40-c1c6-4216-8b3a-47848fba451d
  3. Xbox App updating stuck at 0% inside the app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App updating stuck at 0% inside the app: [img] I have tried pretty much everything i can think of to fix this but am still stuck. I waited to see if it would update over time but after an hour and a half i gave up. There is no update to...
  4. Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher: I've been trying to install Minecraft for hours now. The Microsoft store will not download the game ir the launcher and I cannot open the xbox app either. I have tried: 1. Uninstalling and...
  5. Gamepass App on PC stuck in "Checking for updates"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass App on PC stuck in "Checking for updates": Since today, I noticed that when I wanted to download a game, it got stuck on 0%. When looking at the download screen, I noticed that right besides the installation queue, was a "checking for...
  6. Xbox App, game download stuck on "Checking for updates", and can't start any other games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App, game download stuck on "Checking for updates", and can't start any other games: As the title says. I wanted to install Pillars of Eternity, and the download stopped at 136mb in and the app simply said "Checking for updates". I've tried running Powershell as an administrator...
  7. Xbox PC app stuck on "Checking for updates" preventing me from downloading any other game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC app stuck on "Checking for updates" preventing me from downloading any other game.: Two days ago my Gaming services "died", Xbox app, as said in the title, is constantly checking for updates preventing me from downloading anything else, if I try to cancel the download it gets...
  8. Xbox PC App stuck on checking for updates, can't download, cancel or pause installations.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC App stuck on checking for updates, can't download, cancel or pause installations.: I can't download any game, it's stucked on 0 B/S everytime i launched xbox app the same is with canceling any installation or pausing I've tried to fix it, i repaired it and restarted MS and xbox...
  9. Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the...: [img] As I described on this question title, the app seems to be stuck on "checking updates". I have already tried everything in this list: 1) Login with same account on Store and Xbox App, make...
  10. Xbox app stuck on checking for updates and preparing 0%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app stuck on checking for updates and preparing 0%: I have tried every fix online including VPN and turning off ipv6 and nothing is working. This game will not download and I cannot launch other games. App was working fine before I attempted to...