Xbox app streaming from the console does not work, old console companion works ok, Win11

Discus and support Xbox app streaming from the console does not work, old console companion works ok, Win11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 11 Xbox app streaming from the XBOX one console does not work, "old" console companion works perfectly although can accept only medium... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jupe76, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Jupe76
    Jupe76 Guest

Xbox app streaming from the console does not work, old console companion works ok, Win11

Hi, Windows 11 Xbox app streaming from the XBOX one console does not work, "old" console companion works perfectly although can accept only medium stream. Just get a black screen when connecting to console and console does not power up. Same result with console running. All equipment has with most recent updates and wired GbE connected. Internet connection is 100dl/10ul Mbps 13ms latency. Tried restarts and everything.

Xbox app streaming from the console does not work, old console companion works ok, Win11 [​IMG]

:)

Jupe76, Sep 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jupe76

Sorry to hear that, when you say "tried restarts and everything"
    Are you referring to this?

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and try again.

----------

If yes, tell me what else did you tried
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. wi7bit Win User

xbox console companion streaming not working

Hi Mohammadnajafizadeh

Which Xbox do you have? I ask this because the old console companion does not work with streaming from the new Series X/S consoles.
  4. BrianWolter Win User

Xbox One X will no longer stream games to W10 PC

I don't have any options to stream in the new Xbox app. Had to reinstall the old Xbox Console Companion app to get it to work.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

streaming is not working in the xbox console companion app

Console companion app is no longer supported like the rest of Windows 8

You can stream from the Xbox app built into Windows 10 and 11
  6. nrjohnston Win User

New Xbox App - Streaming from console

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-streaming/console-streaming Try that.
    Thank you for replying - but that link is for mobile devices specifically, not Windows 10 devices, which is what the OP was asking about.

Currently, the Xbox Console Companion streaming still works on Windows 10. The reason OP was asking about the Xbox app on Windows 10 is because the Xbox Console Companion app is prompting users to install the Xbox app, which does not have streaming support.
    I know that there is supposed to be a new Console Streaming app on Windows 10 later this year, but it is not available yet. I was just clarifying that for the OP and anyone else asking the same question about the new app, since I came here with the same question.
Thema:

1. Xbox app streaming from the console does not work, old console companion works ok, Win11 - Similar Threads - app streaming console

2. How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?: How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay? Ive been able to seamlessly play on my xbox by streaming in to my laptop through the xbox companion app, and...
  3. Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music

in XboX Insiders
    Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music: That would be great. And there are probably lots of people who would use it. submitted by /u/Brocker_9000 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  5. XBOX Series X Streaming Apps In 4k?

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Series X Streaming Apps In 4k?: Hi. Are Parmount+, Prime Video, Netflix, MAX, AppleTV+ and Disney+ in 4k HDR, Dolby Vision? Thanks. ccd21945-c773-44c0-9246-8daed8f1ae56
  6. When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?: I admit I'm a little more than frustrated about this but I find it completely absurd this is still a problem with a powerhouse such as Microsoft. It has somehow also gotten worse over time. I'm...
  7. cant stream from pc with xbox strem testing app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant stream from pc with xbox strem testing app: cant stream from pc with xbox strem testing app f3bde650-cf7a-4185-b9a7-a032a7b7c55d
  8. All streaming apps do not work on my Xbox one.

in XBoX on Windows
    All streaming apps do not work on my Xbox one.: When using my Xbox to stream using sky go and disney I am unable to watch anything. The apps load perfectly however once I try to play, error codes appear. I have tried everything to resolve the...
  9. Xbox Streaming App from Console - 1080p?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Streaming App from Console - 1080p?: It’s not clear to me if the current Xbox App on PC supports 1080p streaming from the Xbox Series X or if the Xbox Game Streaming Test App supports 1080p …or neither? Does anyone know if 1080p is...
  10. Xbox Console Companion App won't stream Xbox to PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console Companion App won't stream Xbox to PC: I know this question has been asked before, but I can't find a thread where it has been answered and solved. I am trying to get an xbox to stream across a home network to a PC for my son. I am...