Xbox app stops downloading if I run any other games

Discus and support Xbox app stops downloading if I run any other games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Ryzen 5 3600 21GB RAM RTX Series GPU Whenever I'm downloading or updating a game in the Gamepass PC app, if I try to run any other game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by David G_151, Sep 4, 2022.

1. David G_151
    David G_151 Guest

Windows 10

Ryzen 5 3600

21GB RAM

RTX Series GPU

Whenever I'm downloading or updating a game in the Gamepass PC app, if I try to run any other game in steam etc the download errors and stops.

I have a fairly slow internet connection so downloading updates can be fairly time consuming anyway. It's incredibly frustrating to have it crash out if I load steam to play another game while I wait.

For example, the latest Sea of Thieves update is almost 12GB so I start the update (which I had to do threough the store because it kept crashing the app) and load up a game in steam to pass the time.

A few minutes later I Alt+Tab out to check my progress and the store says 'there's been an error' no code/report etc., it just quits downloading! Re-installing games/the Xbox app don't help, neither does updating the app itself.

This happens no matter what I do so basically I can't use my own PC to game while gamepass is downloading. This essentially renders my PC unusable for a length of time every time something updates or I decide to download a new tittle and I'm paying a monthly fee for this...

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

If this isn't something that can be fixed I will defiitely be unsubscribing and saving myself the cash. Steam will quite happily continue with downloads while I'm playing other games why can the Xbox app not do the same!?

:)

David G_151, Sep 4, 2022
  2. CameronSchall Win User

Xbox app keeps freezing

At least for me I have like Forza 5 downloaded. And I can still launch the game from the File Explorer and it will run fine without crashing. But I can't do anything with the Xbox app like downloading a new game or looking at anything past the first page. It doesn't fully crash but stops any interaction other than scrolling.
  3. TheGiorginator Win User

Cannot install games that require Administrator privileges

Hi NinjaLunchBox79,

yes, my account is an Administrator account. I also checked and the Microsoft Store installation service (which appears to be the responsible for Xbox App installation, since stopping it also stopped a download) is running with elevated priviledges, as well
    as the XboxAppServices (it wasn't before, but having it run elevated did not solve anything). Is there any other service I should check is running elevated?

Thank you for your patience.
  4. xUndead Jesterx Win User

Can't install apps

I am having this exact issue. Brand new One X will not download fortnite. Any other game and app downloads fine. I have tried all listed troubleshooting steps but the download just stops.
  5. KroovyAlien Win User

0x803FB005 installation stopped when installing anything new from the store

I'm having the same issue with the Hulu app. I just tried signing up and when I go to download the xbox one hulu app it just immediately pop up with the notification saying "Installation stopped", and would repeatedly continue to try and download the app
    automatically before it finally just quits.

Games will download fine. I downloaded a free to play game just to see but did not try any other apps. I just want the hulu app that I just signed up for, and cannot access through xbox one.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Installing games to external drive causes other apps/games not to launch?

Personally, I have always found it best to complete any downloads before running any other app and/or game. I know that is not optimal but when I do it that way I don't have any issues.
Thema:

1. Xbox app stops downloading if I run any other games - Similar Threads - app stops downloading

2. GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...

in XBoX on Windows
    GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...: i asked this question but I'm waiting for a response. It's been 4 days. I got nothing Question right here that's waiting for a response:...
  3. My Xbox controller won't stop scrolling up on certain apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won't stop scrolling up on certain apps: The controller works perfectly fine while playing videogames and using most apps. On the home screen it is very sensitive and jumps around a lot but does not get stuck in any direction but for...
  4. How to stop auto sign ins on the Xbox PC app

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to stop auto sign ins on the Xbox PC app: I've been trying to turn off auto sign ins on my Xbox app but noting has been working. Every time I sign out on the app it signs me right back in without letting me change my details or accounts....
  5. Xbox app for PC stops downloading at 1/3 progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app for PC stops downloading at 1/3 progress: I’m trying to Download the Xbox game pass app for my windows 11 pc and it gets stuck at 1/3 progress. Did basic troubleshooting. d0d94e57-21c0-4fc1-b483-b7937d51a316
  6. Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active: My mic isn't working in Party Chat using the Windows Xbox app. It works when the Game Bar overlay is active but stops working when it the overlay is not visible. It does not work at all in the...
  7. Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?: On apps like Xbox and Curseforge, this weird thing happens where the app appears to freeze over. Sometimes parts of it go away if I hover over them or interact around them, but they come back. It...
  8. Game bar stops recording when I resize app that's being recorded

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar stops recording when I resize app that's being recorded: I'm using Windows 11. submitted by /u/TaiIvUosis [link] [comments]
  9. How do I stop child from downloading all apps on xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I stop child from downloading all apps on xbox: How do I prevent child from downloading all apps on Xbox. I don’t want them to be able to view anything apart from selected and pre-approved ( by me) games and apps....
  10. I'm unable to install Cricket 22 via Xbox app on my PC as the download stops at 22%...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm unable to install Cricket 22 via Xbox app on my PC as the download stops at 22%...: I have tried troubleshooting suggestions such as updating video driver, reinstalling games services, updating windows, reinstalling xbox app and microsoft store. The highest the game downloads to...