Xbox App stopped launching some games, and gives error 0x00000001 when trying to install...

Discus and support Xbox App stopped launching some games, and gives error 0x00000001 when trying to install... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a dual-boot computer, I mostly use Linux and I was not gaming lately. Last Saturday (Sept 17th), I logged in Windows and tried to play Halo... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Arthur Fragoso, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Xbox App stopped launching some games, and gives error 0x00000001 when trying to install...

I have a dual-boot computer, I mostly use Linux and I was not gaming lately. Last Saturday (Sept 17th), I logged in Windows and tried to play Halo Infinitive and I would not launch. I then ran all the Windows updates, and that was quite quick, but updating using Microsoft Store was extremely slow. I basically had to cancel any update that was not Xbox/gaming related, and let only the essential update, and go to sleep to check on the next day. I did all of this and the game still did not launch.

Then I did more tests, and strangely some games launch and others don't.

Games that launch fine:
    - EA games = Alice Madness Returns, Lost in Random, Unravel. (probably because it use another launcher.)
    - Forza 4

- New Super Lucky's Tale

- Rush Disney

Games that doesn't launch:
    - Dreamscaper

- Forza 5

- Going Under

- Maneater

- Shredders

I have no idea why some launch and others don't, but I get the error shown in the screenshots bellow.

I then tried to install new games and I get the 0x00000001 error. The help page says to reinstall the Gaming Services app when this happens, I tried and no luck.

This happens in a Windows 11 PC that I have. I then tried on a Windows 10 laptop I also have on the same network and everything works fine, the Microsoft Store and Xbox app. By the way, I logged in the Xbox app in the laptop recently, could that be causing the issue in my main PC that I use for gaming?

I also tried to create another user in the same PC and logged in the Xbox app to check if a fresh user account would have a problem, and I had no luck.

I tried to do everything that is in the Xbox App help page https://aka.ms/AAcxjrp and no luck.

The only thing left that I can think to try would be reinstalling Windows, but I would have to reinstall all apps again and that wouldn't be nice...

I appreciate any help I could get. But I'm really out of hope for this issue.

Xbox App stopped launching some games, and gives error 0x00000001 when trying to install... [​IMG]

Xbox App stopped launching some games, and gives error 0x00000001 when trying to install... [​IMG]

:)

Arthur Fragoso, Sep 23, 2022
  2. geoff128 Win User

Windows 11 - XBox App and Xbox Game Pass - Unable to install any game (error 0x00000001)

3. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

xbox game pass/ installation problem

4. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Error 0x00000001 when installing games Xbox App + Game Pass

5. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

error 0x00000001

6. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Game pass PC error 0x00000001 and 0x80242020

Thema:

Xbox App stopped launching some games, and gives error 0x00000001 when trying to install...

1. Xbox App stopped launching some games, and gives error 0x00000001 when trying to install... - Similar Threads - App stopped launching

2. GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...

in XBoX on Windows
    GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...: i asked this question but I'm waiting for a response. It's been 4 days. I got nothing Question right here that's waiting for a response:...
  3. My Xbox controller won't stop scrolling up on certain apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won't stop scrolling up on certain apps: The controller works perfectly fine while playing videogames and using most apps. On the home screen it is very sensitive and jumps around a lot but does not get stuck in any direction but for...
  4. How to stop auto sign ins on the Xbox PC app

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to stop auto sign ins on the Xbox PC app: I've been trying to turn off auto sign ins on my Xbox app but noting has been working. Every time I sign out on the app it signs me right back in without letting me change my details or accounts....
  5. Xbox app for PC stops downloading at 1/3 progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app for PC stops downloading at 1/3 progress: I’m trying to Download the Xbox game pass app for my windows 11 pc and it gets stuck at 1/3 progress. Did basic troubleshooting. d0d94e57-21c0-4fc1-b483-b7937d51a316
  6. Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active: My mic isn't working in Party Chat using the Windows Xbox app. It works when the Game Bar overlay is active but stops working when it the overlay is not visible. It does not work at all in the...
  7. Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?: On apps like Xbox and Curseforge, this weird thing happens where the app appears to freeze over. Sometimes parts of it go away if I hover over them or interact around them, but they come back. It...
  8. Game bar stops recording when I resize app that's being recorded

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar stops recording when I resize app that's being recorded: I'm using Windows 11. submitted by /u/TaiIvUosis [link] [comments]
  9. gaming services stops Xbox app from launching

in XBoX on Consoles
    gaming services stops Xbox app from launching: the issue is as put in the title gaming services won't let the xbox app properly launch i know this cause i've run though all other troubleshoots to try and fix the issue reinstalling the app do a...
  10. How to stop the EA App from auto launching with the Xbox App since the latest update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to stop the EA App from auto launching with the Xbox App since the latest update?: The EA App will automatically launch when I start the Xbox App. I have both apps set NOT to auto launch on PC startup so this is particularly obnoxious for me. It definitely did not used to do...