Xbox App - "Something Went Wrong" - Uninstalled Game Keeps Trying to Reinstall

Discus and support Xbox App - "Something Went Wrong" - Uninstalled Game Keeps Trying to Reinstall in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, A month or so ago I uninstalled Hardspace: Ship Breaker from my PC. Ever since, the Xbox Game Pass App has continuously attempted to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Effect0ne, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Effect0ne
    Effect0ne Guest

Hello all,

A month or so ago I uninstalled Hardspace: Ship Breaker from my PC. Ever since, the Xbox Game Pass App has continuously attempted to reinstall it, throwing up a "something went wrong" error each time with the error code 0x00000000. Every time I see it sitting in the games queue as a failed download/install, I click "view error details" which takes me into the download/install progress page and I click the X to "cancel installation". Each time I load the Xbox App up again, there it is again trying and failing to install.

I have tried deleting every trace of the game from my HDD using the search function and scouring for its folders. I have tried repairing the Xbox app through the Apps area in Settings.

Can anyone suggest a fix? It's quite annoying.

Thanks!

David

:)

Effect0ne, Jul 22, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Effect0ne. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Would you please reinstall the gaming services and reset the Microsoft store and the Xbox app? Please perform these steps with the Microsoft store and the Xbox app closed and make sure there are no games being downloaded or installed on both apps (try to remove Hardspace from there if possible).

- Go to start > Search for PowerShell > Right click > Run as administrator. Type the following command and press enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

- Press Windows + R and type in "regedit". Press enter.

- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

- Delete the folders "GamingServices", "GamingServices.net" (if they're still there).

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Press Windows + R. Type TEMP and press enter. Delete all the files inside this folder. Repeat this step by typing %TEMP% and Prefetch. Delete everything on both folders too.

- Press Windows + R. Type WSRESET and press enter.

- Restart your computer. Run Powershell as administrator and run the following commands (one at a time):

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

(this command can show you some errors, this is normal, just wait until it finishes)

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt. Also sign in on the Microsoft store with your Microsoft account.

- Restart your computer one more time. Open the Xbox App and sign in with the same account as the Microsoft store.

See if the game is still showing on the queue with an error or if the issue is fixed now and please let me know.
  3. {Parity} Win User

Xbox app freezes and crashes when trying to go to profile

Try uninstalling/reinstalling the app. Something may have gone wrong with the update.
  4. {Parity} Win User

Forza Motorsport 7 travando no PC (Forza Motorsport 7 crashing on PC)

Try uninstalling/reinstalling the game and see if some went wrong during installation.
  5. DarkestDeceiver Win User

Gamepass quests

Yeah, i've already met some of the requirements but unfortunately nothing has "unlocked"...it's bizarre as it seems like the connection between the rewards app and the Game pass account are not synced. Rewards know that I have an active account and game
    pass knows I have an active account but both apps aren't working together. Just keep getting the "Oops something went wrong" message when they try to communicate with each other.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the rewards app countless times already and no change. Have restarted the xbox a few times also and still nothing. Have also logged in on another xbox one system and the same scenario occurs...
  6. Phoenixblue022 Win User

Cant play Minecraft after account migration

Uninstalled then reinstalled using that link and exactly the same. I did notice at the bottom of the launcher is Oh no! Something went wrong, and we couldn't connect to the Minecraft services. TRY AGAIN I clicked try again and nothing happens
Thema:

1. Xbox App - "Something Went Wrong" - Uninstalled Game Keeps Trying to Reinstall - Similar Threads - App Something Went

2. Trying to connect app and Xbox and they keep saying try again in a bit. Something went wronf

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to connect app and Xbox and they keep saying try again in a bit. Something went wronf: Every time I try to connect app and Xbox when I sign in on my Xbox series x it says something went wrong. Try again in a bit e59892cc-8eb3-4c1d-93c8-18d520d8e99e
  3. I am trying to sign in to xbox app on Samsung TV but it's keep saying something went wrong

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to sign in to xbox app on Samsung TV but it's keep saying something went wrong: My Xbox user is CurvedZero93840 5efbdb22-cde3-413c-9219-320b6e3c5a4e
  4. Microsoft Store apps stuck on Error 0x80070002 "Something happened on our end" during...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store apps stuck on Error 0x80070002 "Something happened on our end" during...: I have already tried resetting the windows app store, repairing the windows app store, logging out of the store, using a different account on the store, uninstalling and reinstalling the windows...
  5. WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN THE XBOX APP PC IT JUST FLASHES SOMETHING AND I CANT SIGN IN

in XBoX Accessibility
    WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN THE XBOX APP PC IT JUST FLASHES SOMETHING AND I CANT SIGN IN: Notifying experts… WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN THE XBOX APP PC IT JUST FLASHES SOMETHING AND I CANT SIGN INNotifying experts… WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN THE XBOX APP PC IT JUST FLASHES SOMETHING AND I...
  6. Looks like something went wrong We weren't able to install the app (0x80004004)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like something went wrong We weren't able to install the app (0x80004004): Unable to Install the Xbox app on PC via MS Store and XBOXInstaller.exe Able to Install other apps from ms store only problem is installation of Xbox App from Store System...
  7. Trying to claim microsoft points on my xbox app is met with "Try again in a bit. Something...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to claim microsoft points on my xbox app is met with "Try again in a bit. Something...: Title pretty much says it all. Quest is locked as complete, but reward can't be claimed. Can't earn more points since the quest remains locked. Applies to both my mobile app as well as my app for...
  8. "Something went wrong, try again in a bit" on xbox app when downloading a clip.

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Something went wrong, try again in a bit" on xbox app when downloading a clip.: When I go to download a game clip off of Xbox app onto my phone, it comes up with something went wrong try again in a bit. I have already tried: Un-installing and re-installing the Xbox app and...
  9. My microsoft rewards app doesnt open in my xbox one s its says “oops,something went wrong”...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft rewards app doesnt open in my xbox one s its says “oops,something went wrong”...: My microsoft rewards app doesnt open in my xbox one s its says “oops,something went wrong” and “service unavailable “ 711226a9-a2eb-48fe-b2a3-76afd5c4d827
  10. Xbox App: Add a Console - Error: Try again in a bit. Something went wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App: Add a Console - Error: Try again in a bit. Something went wrong: When I try to re-add my Xbox X to the Xbox App on multiple iPhones, I get an error "Try again in a bit. Something went wrong". This happens no matter how many times I restart, the console is...