Xbox App Slow Downloads - Locked at 5 MB/S max.

Discus and support Xbox App Slow Downloads - Locked at 5 MB/S max. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, I know this has been posted here before, but again the speeds on the xbox app on pc are super slow. I have a 200 MB/S hard lined connection for... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/789_ba_dum_tss, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Xbox App Slow Downloads - Locked at 5 MB/S max.

Hi,

I know this has been posted here before, but again the speeds on the xbox app on pc are super slow. I have a 200 MB/S hard lined connection for the internet but the app maxes out at 5 MB/S. I've checked my bandwidth settings, I've paused/canceled and restarted the download. I have closed and reopened the app. I've restarted my computer. I can't get this 3.6 GB Sea of Thieves update to download any faster.

submitted by /u/789_ba_dum_tss
    [link] [comments]

/u/789_ba_dum_tss, Feb 9, 2021
  2. njalvino Win User

Very Slow Download Speeds

personally i have Verizon fios 85/35 package. xbox live downloads are terribly slow for me.

Speedof.me

Download Speed: 55.24 Mb/s

Upload Speed: 30.12 Mb/s

speedtest.net

Download Speed: 84188 kbps (10523.5 KB/sec transfer rate) (84 Mb/s)

Upload Speed: 27346 kbps (3418.3 KB/sec transfer rate) (34 Mb/s)

Latency: 45 ms

yet. on xbox i am lucky to see 2Mb/s down & 1mb/s up. Its absolutyely garbage. It will take me forever to download this 16GB Grand Theft Auto 5 right now..

Step it up Micro$oft.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Why does the microsoft store force you to use the xbox app with certain games.

Hi,

I think you maybe confusing your Megabits (Mb/s) with your Megabytes (MB/s). I'm not sure if the Windows Store shows downloads in Mb/s or MB/s but the Xbox Windows App shows downloads in MB/s. Therefore a download speed of 100 Mb/s would be around 12 MB/s second at full speed.

I have a 330Mb/s download from my ISP. When converted to MB/s it would work out to about 41 MB/s. Which is what I got here. Perfectly normal.

[​IMG]

Therefore the Windows store is not downloading faster than the Xbox app. The Xbox app is displaying Megabytes per second rather than Megabits.
  4. TheCannibalPony Win User

[WINDOWS 10 PRO 64bits] Windows Store and XBOX app download speed is extremely slow, tried all of the usual fixes

I'm seeing some improvement!

1: Signing out then back in is one of the fixes I've tried, forgot to mention it in the list.

2: BITS and windows update services were already active.

3: Re-registering all store apps didn't do anything

4: There was an improvement with re-installing the windows store. Instead of downloading at max speed for a few seconds then throttling and stopping when I had downloaded around 500 MB of data, now it stagnated at around 30 MB/S for a while and I got to
    4 GB of data until the unusually slow download speed returned.

5: I don't have an ativirus, I use windows defender.

Have a nice day!
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

A Plague Tale download blocked at 0%

Hi,

You're not the only one. I'm having issues downloading this game from the XGP on PC. A few days ago it was downloading at a painfully slow 0.3 mb/s. Now it's gone up to between 2 and 3 mb/s. Like you, it's only this game.

I'm a hardware techy person and I'm positive this slow download is Microsoft's end.
  6. RafalRafalski Win User

XOX/ XSX slow internet connection

"I think the issue is that, if your total download speed for you internet is "60Mb/s. Upload 8 Mb/s,"

and you connect a PC that uses 40Mb/s, a PC that uses 10Mb/s, and then another PC that uses 10Mb/s,
    your download speed will be maxed out."

My PC's does not use 40Mb/s or 10 Mb/s because they are turned off. They don't download anything, It is a problem of Xbox live which is limiting my download speed on XSX.
Thema:

Xbox App Slow Downloads - Locked at 5 MB/S max.

1. Xbox App Slow Downloads - Locked at 5 MB/S max. - Similar Threads - App Slow Downloads

2. why is my xbox app downloading so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox app downloading so slow?: It appears that the Microsoft store is limiting my downloads speeds on the Xbox app and the EA app. Any help?? 947a66a5-5c27-40e9-80a9-9c4061330229
  3. Xbox app downloads speed slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app downloads speed slow: I use the Xbox app on PC and I have the same issue as a lot of others I've been able to see on this site. Download speed is incredibly slow seems to cap at 10mbps when my internet has Download...
  4. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  5. very slow download speed - xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    very slow download speed - xbox app: just awful, i have tried every single suggestion on the forums nothing helped, i'm never buying anything XBOX or GAME PASS ever again. i got high end pc, router 300mb, every available update,...
  6. Xbox App - Slow downloading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App - Slow downloading: Hi, Im just installing 70Gb game via Xbox App and the speed of downloading is terrible. Im downloading constantly around 2 MB/s and my real internet speed is around 80 MB/s. So whats wrong?...
  7. Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't?: When I download games on steam I get 600-700 mb/s but on the xbox app it's 10-15 mb/s. Is there a way I can fix this? 1064198c-bf5f-40a1-86d4-13c59c99fce1
  8. Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow: So ive tried hard reset and even did a factory reset last night, I was able to download one game from that but this morning it's exactly back to how it was... All downloads just sit in queue and...
  9. Xbox App Slow Downloads or Not At All

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App Slow Downloads or Not At All: [img] I have tried to install several games on the Xbox App because I wanted to download Halo Wars 2, however, every game I try to download does so at less than 1Mb. I can update games no problem...
  10. Slow download speeds in Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speeds in Xbox app: The download starts at very high download speeds (sometimes even over 90MB/s with my 1000Mb/s (125MB/s) internet). Once it downloads specifically 1.2GB the download slows down until it hits...