Xbox App simply won't install

Discus and support Xbox App simply won't install in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been going crazy trying to install the Xbox app, and get gamepass on PC afterwards. I had it before on my older PC - I got a new PC this summer... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Radu Laur, Dec 1, 2023.

  1. Radu Laur
    Radu Laur Guest

    Xbox App simply won't install


    I have been going crazy trying to install the Xbox app, and get gamepass on PC afterwards. I had it before on my older PC - I got a new PC this summer and never bothered with installing gamepass until now.

    Everytime I try to install it, it simply will not let me and show the error in the image attached.

    I have tried everything I could find for the last couple of hours - restarting the PC multiple times, removing app packages in powershell, reinstalling the store, clearing cache, running sfc, restarting services. Nothing works. Not only that but I think it broke something and now I cannot even check for updates or if there are windows updates, the service won't work - I cannot do a windows install, I have work on this PC and cannot afford to lose anything, even by mistake, or have my employer scold me for having to reinstall files.

    Is there not an offline installer for the app? And after it is installed, to link it to the account somehow? Checking the store page, it seems everyone has the same issues very often.

    I welcome any sort of solution or clue as to how I can fix this...I just wanna get a game or 2 in holiday.

    :)
     
    Radu Laur, Dec 1, 2023
    #1
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

    Xbox App simply won't install

    Hello Radu,



    We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.



    Thank you for understanding.

    Sincerely,



    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

    Xbox App simply won't install

    Hello Radu,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

    We understand you are having issues with installing the Xbox app on your PC. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

    Unfortunately, there is no offline installer for the Xbox app. You need to install it from the Microsoft Store and sign in with your Microsoft account to access Game Pass. The error you are seeing in the image is usually caused by a corrupted or outdated Windows system. Since you cannot check for updates or do a Windows install, I suggest you try the following steps:

    - Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. This tool can help fix common problems with Windows Update.
    Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

    - Reset the Microsoft Store cache.

    This can help resolve issues with installing or updating apps from the Store.

    To do this, press the Windows key + R, type wsreset.exe and press Enter. Wait for the command to finish and then restart your PC.

    -Re-register the Microsoft Store app. This can help fix any issues with the app itself.

    To do this, open PowerShell as an administrator and run this command: Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

    -Reinstall Gaming Services:

    • Open Windows PowerShell with admin rights:
      • Press the Start button, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and select Run as administrator.
    • Run the following commands:

      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on the page that opens and select Yes when prompted by User Account Control (UAC).
    • Restart your PC and try installing the game again.

    - Update Device Drivers:

    • Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause installation problems. Specifically, ensure your video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date.
    • Visit your computer manufacturer’s support website or the video card manufacturer’s website to update the drivers.

    I hope one of these steps helps you successfully install the Xbox app and get Game Pass on your PC.
    Let me know how it goes.



    Sincerely,



    Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. VanBur3n Win User

    rockstar is saying don't install both disks, just one

    Simply won't install it then.
  5. Earxz Win User

    How to restore Xbox Files that came with New Laptop

    I believe that you can also simply re-install the xbox app from the store app as well
  6. Francia J. Win User

    Why can't I re-install a game I've payed for and played

    That's odd, can you please try using the Xbox App on your mobile device instead?

    Simply launch the Xbox App and then search the game to install.
Thema:

Xbox App simply won't install

Loading...
  1. Xbox App simply won't install - Similar Threads - App simply won't

  2. mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.

    in XboX Insiders
    mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.: so yesterday with the rollout of disc to digital to the public i put i my mass effect legendary edition in my console to convert it disc to digital and i did just that but however though it shows...
  3. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  4. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  5. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  6. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  7. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  8. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  9. September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 22,...
  10. XBOX PC app won't close games properly

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX PC app won't close games properly: I know I'm not the only one having this problem as I saw it on some games subreddit, even for not insiders, but to me it's on all of my Xbox Games on PC. When I close them via the in-game menu,...