Xbox App Sign In Screen Flashing 3 Times, Can't Sign In

Discus and support Xbox App Sign In Screen Flashing 3 Times, Can't Sign In in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have been having this issue for a while now where I am completely unable to sign in to the Xbox app as whenever I click on the sign... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by alley_r, Aug 3, 2022.

1. alley_r
    alley_r Guest

Hello everyone,

I have been having this issue for a while now where I am completely unable to sign in to the Xbox app as whenever I click on the sign in button, the sign in popup will flash 3 times before ultimately closing. I have searched the internet far and wide for a solution, as well as contacted Microsoft customer support who directed me to the forums. While this seems to be a common issue, none of the solutions I've found have seemed to help me and it seems that I am not the only one who has no idea what to do.

This video seems to be the most comprehensive list of solutions that I've been able to find https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4V6CXPdutY

Again, none of those solutions have worked for me.

From the video's description:

1) Restart your PC and try again

2) Start Xbox Services IP Helper Xbox Live Auth Manager Xbox Live Game Save Xbox Live Networking Service Gaming services Windows Update Microsoft install service Step

3) Repair/Reset Xbox App and Store Step

4) Run WSRESET command

5) Close Xbox App, open Microsoft Store in background and logout & login with same account on Microsoft Store, Now Open Xbox App

6) Make sure Date, time, time zone, region is correct on your PC

7) Make sure gaming service and Xbox identity provider is installed Xbox Identity Provider: Uninstall remains of gaming service get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers Install Gaming service start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

8) Delete Xbl login credentials Xbl|DeviceKey Xbl|GrtsDeviceKey

9) Uninstall Xbox App, restart your PC and reinstall Xbox App

10) Uninstall Xbox App, restart your computer, download Xbox App from Microsoft website

11) Run this command: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

12) Update Windows using Media Creation Tool

If anyone has any suggestions where to go from here, or if anyone could even just confirm that this is an open issue that Microsoft is working on, it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

alley_r, Aug 3, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, alley_r. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

May I know what country do you live in and if you use a VPN to connect to the internet?

Also, can you sign in on the Microsoft and Xbox website with this account?

Waiting for your reply.
  3. Jack_334 Win User

Your Microsoft store account is different than your Xbox account

Does it also flash the sign in screen 3 times then just doesn't show up if you try to sign in? I think we might have the same problem.
  4. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Xbox app on pc sign in screen will flash 3 times and then crash.

Hello Parker Shields,

I just heard back from my team and would it be possible to please resubmit another bug and this time using our Recreate my Problem tool. We would like to reproduce the steps in real time so that we can further look into this issue and find a viable solution.

Submitting a bug through the Xbox App

1. Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon
    2. Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu
    3. Select “Report a problem
    4. Click "Give new feedback"
    5. Add [Xbox Forum] in “Summarize your feedback” followed by a feedback summary

Example: [Xbox Forum] Cannot sign in to Xbox app [Parker Shields]
    6. Category should automatically be selected.
    7. When you get to the attachment (optional) par. please make sure to click on Start recording and then recreate the steps that will record your actions.

[​IMG]

8. Once complete, post the title of the bug report along with the submission date in this thread
    Thank you,
  5. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hello,Parker Shields,

Thank you for submitting the bug report. I will reach out to my team and have us locate and take a look at it. I will update the thread as soon as I hear back from them.

Thank you
  6. Konstantin_810 Win User

that helped me! I just logged in companion, wiped xbox-app data from Apps and features and the app suggested me to log-in with my xbox account, without getting "already have an account?"
Thema:

1. Xbox App Sign In Screen Flashing 3 Times, Can't Sign In - Similar Threads - App Sign Screen

2. When I try to sign in via windows apps I get white screen

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to sign in via windows apps I get white screen: For example, I am trying to sign in Xbox game pass and the app gets stuck in white with just a moment text, but when I try to sign in with another account I don't get this problem....
  3. How can you skip the "sign in to claim" screen when you install the Xbox app when you are...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can you skip the "sign in to claim" screen when you install the Xbox app when you are...: Hi, I'm stuck on the screen attached, no buttons are clickable. I already have a Gamepass subscription but my new computer is apparently trying to provide me one too, which might create a...
  4. Xbox app eternally stuck on logo loading screen. If I then right click and select sign in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app eternally stuck on logo loading screen. If I then right click and select sign in...: Any help would be much appreciated. I've scoured the web for fixes and tried everything from enabling Xbox startup and services in msconfig to repairing and clearing caches and reinstalling and...
  5. When I launch Xbox App games on PC, right after signing in I get a Blue Screen Of Death

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I launch Xbox App games on PC, right after signing in I get a Blue Screen Of Death: It doesn't matter what game it is, at all, I always get a BSOD that says the error: "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" whatever the hell that means. I've played gamepass games on the same system with...
  6. Xbox app would be stuck on splash screen for 1 to 2 hours only to open and have the sign in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app would be stuck on splash screen for 1 to 2 hours only to open and have the sign in...: Got Minecraft a few days ago (4~5 at the time of writing) and got a "Bat" error code which led me to an Xbox dependency issue. Ive tried doing every suggestions online from... * enabling xbox...
  7. Xbox App Sign In Screen not working.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App Sign In Screen not working.: I can't sign into the xbox app. The sign in window just flashes 3 times and closes. The Xbox also turns white. I've checked services.msc and the "XboxAuth" thing isn't there. It's only Gaming...
  8. Xbox app on pc sign in screen will flash 3 times and then crash.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app on pc sign in screen will flash 3 times and then crash.: Apon opening the xbox app when I try to sign in the sign in screen will flash 3 times and then disappear. I've tried almost all of the solutions, including running the services as admin and...
  9. Xbox App won't let me sign in(Black Screen)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App won't let me sign in(Black Screen): I recently updated to Windows 11. I decided to download some games to play. However, when I open up the Xbox App and try to sign in, the window goes to a black screen for maybe two to three...
  10. Sign-in Screen Flashes Three Times on Microsoft Xbox App.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sign-in Screen Flashes Three Times on Microsoft Xbox App.: Here is my issue. This guy had the smae thing and I have researched hours and hours to try the fixes some recommend, and they do not work....