Xbox app says "We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected location" but then...

Discus and support Xbox app says "We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected location" but then... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft Flight Sim won't re-install. It stopped working completely the other day so I uninstalled it and now it won't re-install. Xbox app says... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RFXCasey, Nov 20, 2022.

1. RFXCasey
    RFXCasey Guest

Xbox app says "We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected location" but then...

Microsoft Flight Sim won't re-install. It stopped working completely the other day so I uninstalled it and now it won't re-install. Xbox app says "We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected location" but then says "unknown available" and the install button is greyed out. Please help this is so annoying and time consuming.

:)

RFXCasey, Nov 20, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

PC Xbox app won't launch games

Hello, alexvor20. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Since you think the install location of the games may be impacting their launch (and reading your issue I also think it), then you can try to change the default location where Xbox App install your games.

To specify where to download and install Xbox games on Xbox App, use these steps:

Open Xbox app.

Click the profile menu in the top-right and select the Settings options.

Click on General.

(Optional) Under the “Game install options” section, select the drive to install games by default.

Click the Change folder option.

Select the new folder location to store Xbox games.

Click the Select Folder button.

After you complete the steps, the game files will be stored in the new folder location.

The install location of apps and games that you download from Microsoft Store is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. So change your Xbox App folder to this path, uninstall your games, install them again on this folder and see if you can run your games.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

GamePass Ultimate on PC. Games do not launch

If you go to Windows File Explorer (Win + E), can you go to the path it's showing on the error message? C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\..... ?

Try to change the default location where games are downloaded in Xbox App and try to download/install/run a game then:

Open Xbox app.

Click the profile menu in the top-right and select the Settings options.

Click on General.

Click the Change folder option.

Select the new folder location to store Xbox games.

Click the Select Folder button.

After you complete the steps, the game files will be stored in the new folder location.

Try to match the folder with the same folder Microsoft Store uses to install new games:

Windows-Key --> In Settings - System --> Storage --> See the path "New apps be save to".

If it still doesn't work, please let me know and we proceed to further troubleshooting.
  4. Gary Roberts1 Win User

Xbox app says "We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected location" but then says "unknown available" and the install button is greyed out

I had the same problem, and down at the bottom of the page when I was in My Library, there was a green bar that said something about additional components being necessary to install the app. Anyway, clicked on the box and it was installed. Then went back and clicked on my "owned" copy of flight simulator and the box that previously said "unknown available" was prefilled in with what I assume is the default Xbox games folder.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Xbox app says "We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected location" but then says "unknown available" and the install button is greyed out

Hello again, this is very weird, try this procedures below.

DEFRAG

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/def...

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

chkdsk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

Being in use the system will ask if the user wants to check the chosen drive after reboot. Just type S and restart the computer.
  6. RFXCasey Win User

I have updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and the Xbox app. By "Xbox companion" do you mean the "Xbox Console Companion"? It is the only thing with "companion" in it related to Xbox that I see in the App Store. I downloaded it and everything is up to date now. The problem remains, Xbox app will not show any installation location option for Flight Simulator. This is a very annoying problem I wouldn't expect from Microsoft. I just want to use the app I paid for. Also, if it helps, I went into the Xbox app options and cannot set a default location for games to install too, it's like the Xbox app isn't detecting my hard drives at all. Also, when I go to "manage installs" in the Xbox app, it's showing 3 installs at the top of the window but only 2 games installed on the left hand bar.
Thema:

1. Xbox app says "We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected location" but then... - Similar Threads - app says We'll

2. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  3. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  4. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  5. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  6. When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...: How could I fix this? Is this happening to anyone else? e8b85cdc-dd13-4c2f-946c-220b4ee3eedf
  7. How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?: I recently downloaded ARK: Survival Evolved last night and this morning i woke up to it not being installed. It had started to download again so Cancelled the install and now its saying that i do...
  8. Xbox one keeps saying can’t save anymore data for this game or app I

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one keeps saying can’t save anymore data for this game or app I: I’ve tried clearing cache and it keeps doing it 60fdc5a0-d069-4d5f-a5e3-6520e43d0320
  9. Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?: I am already signed into the xbox app and when i launch forza horizon 4 on my pc, it says "sign in needed". I have already tried redownloading the game and the xbox app as well as signing in and...
  10. Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...: I've just been trying to install Quantum Break from the Xbox pc app with game pass and for some reason it keeps putting an error saying i need to free space even though i have more than enough...