Xbox App says NAT type strict; it's set to Open.

Discus and support Xbox App says NAT type strict; it's set to Open. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This is only one among the countless problems I've encountered on the windows 10 xbox app. I tried to join a party to chat with friends, but the app... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sbyrfang, Aug 2, 2019.

1. sbyrfang
    sbyrfang Guest

This is only one among the countless problems I've encountered on the windows 10 xbox app. I tried to join a party to chat with friends, but the app says my NAT type is set to strict. It's not. How do I fix this?

:)

sbyrfang, Aug 2, 2019
  2. MOH Crapgamer Win User

Can't connect to Xbox live

You need to open your NAT settings, they are either strict or moderate. If they are either strict or moderate you cannot connect to anyone unless they have open settings.

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict
  3. {Parity} Win User

You will need to provide more information. We need to know about your network configuration.
  4. Kieran Calder Win User

Rewards app location error

Hey everyone I had this issue and found out that the reason was because of my NAT type being on strict so I tested my Nat type on the xbox one settings and this changed and updated it from strict to open.

I can now open the Microsoft Reward App without it popping up "Change system location".
  5. Mister Cerb Win User

Hilfe!! [Translation: Help!]

Hey there Armageddon! It sounds like you're having a NAT issue. I would suggest setting your NAT to Open, and getting your friend to set their NAT to Open as well.Try this guide out and see if you can get your NAT set to Open.

6. The Little Moa-5265A Win User

Chatting online issues

Hey, it is likely your NAT Type is set to Strict or Moderate.

It is advised you set it to Open so you can hear others.

That article should help you out.
Thema:

1. Xbox App says NAT type strict; it's set to Open. - Similar Threads - App says NAT

2. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  3. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  4. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  5. When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...: How could I fix this? Is this happening to anyone else? e8b85cdc-dd13-4c2f-946c-220b4ee3eedf
  6. How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?: I recently downloaded ARK: Survival Evolved last night and this morning i woke up to it not being installed. It had started to download again so Cancelled the install and now its saying that i do...
  7. Xbox one keeps saying can’t save anymore data for this game or app I

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one keeps saying can’t save anymore data for this game or app I: I’ve tried clearing cache and it keeps doing it 60fdc5a0-d069-4d5f-a5e3-6520e43d0320
  8. Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?: I am already signed into the xbox app and when i launch forza horizon 4 on my pc, it says "sign in needed". I have already tried redownloading the game and the xbox app as well as signing in and...
  9. Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...: I've just been trying to install Quantum Break from the Xbox pc app with game pass and for some reason it keeps putting an error saying i need to free space even though i have more than enough...
  10. Trying to connect app and Xbox and they keep saying try again in a bit. Something went wronf

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to connect app and Xbox and they keep saying try again in a bit. Something went wronf: Every time I try to connect app and Xbox when I sign in on my Xbox series x it says something went wrong. Try again in a bit e59892cc-8eb3-4c1d-93c8-18d520d8e99e