Xbox App randomly 'uninstalls' downloaded games then refuses to detect existing files

Discus and support Xbox App randomly 'uninstalls' downloaded games then refuses to detect existing files in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Ridiculous. https://i.gyazo.com/af7883b92a1226b30e37240447252b29.png Why is such a basic feature not in yet? Every other client (Steam, GoG, EA... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/_MeltedCheese_, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Xbox App randomly 'uninstalls' downloaded games then refuses to detect existing files

/u/_MeltedCheese_, Apr 2, 2022
  2. ButNotMySoul Win User

Xbox Game Pass game says it is installed but its not (Help)

Bump

The game still says it is already downloaded, though no files exist.

If i type the name of the game into the start menu it pops up. Though none of the right click/more options work for it.

Uninstall does not work either so it's basically stuck thinking the game is already an app and downloaded.

I downloaded an uninstall app and even it can't find the data anywhere, i don't think the data exists. I think there is a massive bug somewhere.

ANY advice is better than none i will try anything, thanks everybody.
  3. jamesireland3 Win User

Cannot remove downloaded data from WindowsApps folder after removing a game from my PC

I just update this in case anybody else has this issue.

I reinstalled the game (did not have to re-download as all of the files already existed)

I then went into Settings > Apps, selected Dirt Rally 2 and selected the option to "move" the installation to another drive. This worked after some time.... Again in the Settings > Apps I chose to uninstall and this time the game files were removed.
  4. AJ_96 Win User

Xbox Game Pass for PC Update Problem

Hi Christopher

Thanks for the quick response, do you know if the Xbox app will detect my games after I uninstall and reinstall or do I have to re-download them again?
  5. Tall J Win User

PC Gaming / Xbox App Shambles

Yes - as per my post. I use the media tool to create an iso file and then did a reinstall, keeping my files.

Doing that got everything working again for a few hours.

Unfortunately, most of the problems then recurred (unable to install or uninstall games from the xbox app, cannot cancel existing queued installs, cannot run most games on the xbox app).
  6. TheMrAJT Win User

Minecraft Update stuck in a loop

I had a similar issue with Ticket To Ride in the Xbox app on PC. Just refused to update - I uninstalled the game, restarted my PC then downloaded it all again and it worked like a treat. Maybe try that?
Thema:

Xbox App randomly 'uninstalls' downloaded games then refuses to detect existing files

1. Xbox App randomly 'uninstalls' downloaded games then refuses to detect existing files - Similar Threads - App randomly 'uninstalls'

2. Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working: Randomly, a few months ago, my XBOX app–which has been working just fine up until now, suddenly decided to stop working. When I open up the app, all I see is the breathing XBOX logo and text, on...
  3. Random issues when launching apps

in XboX Insiders
    Random issues when launching apps: Starting from November I started to experience issues when launching usual media apps: Spotify, Plex. Spotify showed errors with GUIDs, Plex could not launch showing browser pointer. Sometimes...
  4. Random apps & services getting access

in XBoX Accessibility
    Random apps & services getting access: So nobody but me has access to my Microsoft account. I've seen people from other places like Russia, China, Germany and France try to access my account but are always unsuccessful. Every now and...
  5. YouTube App Is Randomly Freezing

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube App Is Randomly Freezing: App starts fine but randomly freezes causing me to close the app and start it again. Is this happening for anyone else? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link] [comments]
  6. A bunch of random games have appeared in my Installed Games list on the Xbox Game Pass app,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A bunch of random games have appeared in my Installed Games list on the Xbox Game Pass app,...: One day, several games appeared in the Installed Games list to the left, as if they were downloaded. Hollow Knight, Outer Wilds, Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition, and Tainted Grail: Conquest all...
  7. Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag: I have recently purchased a new laptop and although signed in on Microsoft with my gamertag etc when I tried to log in to the xbox app and hit sign in it signed me in as some random gamertag I...
  8. Random issues when using Twitch app to stream games.

in XboX Insiders
    Random issues when using Twitch app to stream games.: System: Xbox Series S with 1TB expansion card. TV: Phillips 4K 50" 50PUS7805 Had this console for about 2 weeks now and are having alot of issues when using twitch app for streaming games. 1:...
  9. Series X random shutdowns, failed reboots, app crashes

in XboX Insiders
    Series X random shutdowns, failed reboots, app crashes: After recent Alpha OS update and even prior console shuts down randomly and has many App related crashes. Most recent while checking on Game info from Menu clicking into manage game and add-ons...
  10. Random notifications on Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Random notifications on Xbox App: HELP!!! I keep getting notifications from a feed I have nothing to do with. How do i stop receiving the notifications of comments made 7234b2b3-25de-4dd9-a306-b745fdae2e32