Xbox app privacy settings prevent me from seeing messages

Discus and support Xbox app privacy settings prevent me from seeing messages in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hello, I am wondering why I keep getting a message covering someone else's and my own messages, saying that my privacy settings won't allow me to see... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Qlevrqt, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Qlevrqt
    Qlevrqt Guest

Hello, I am wondering why I keep getting a message covering someone else's and my own messages, saying that my privacy settings won't allow me to see the message. It even says that it when there was nothing wrong with the message, no explicits. I don't
    know how to change this. It didn't happen until the new update of the app. I tried going under privacy settings on the xbox web browser, but I don't see anything that can change this.

:)

Qlevrqt, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Mister Maka Win User

How to disable messages from Xbox one

Hey there patrickfx1.

There isn't a way to disable the messaging app completely. If you'd like to prevent messages from being sent, you can change your

privacy settings
    :)
  3. Miss Ghidorah Win User

I can't send messages!

Hey there NOTEMATE2002!

Can you check your
    Privacy settings
    on your Xbox One console? You can also look under Contact preference and see if anything is preventing you from sending messages.

Let us know!
  4. Christyna64 Win User

Bullying

You can change the privacy setting for Xbox Live so that only friends can message your child. This will prevent random people from messaging your child.
  5. cc80130f-94e8-4ca2-8 Win User

a block glitch?

It could be that one of you has online safety and privacy settings set by your parents that prevent you two from communicating. It sounds to me like you're blocked and they are just messing around. How do you know you aren't blocked ?
    he still messages me on xbox live, and i have privacy settings off
  6. hopesfall2own Win User

Custom Gamerpic not updating for me; shows on Feed

So I got it to where I can see my custom pic, as well as strangers' pics.. but NOT my friends.. makes sense.

Which privacy setting would prevent me from seeing friends' custom pics? I set the community upload privacy setting to Everyone..
Thema:

1. Xbox app privacy settings prevent me from seeing messages - Similar Threads - app privacy settings

2. Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games

in XboX Insiders
    Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games: I love that Basic Touch works with remote play. It has been glorious playing BG3, D4, Harold Halibut all in my bed or even my commute IF the connection is stable enough. But, why cant this just...
  3. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  4. Missing components for the xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Missing components for the xbox app: [img] I've tried to update it, repair it, reset it and reinstall it but this pops up everytime I open this app [img] e6eef009-e70c-422d-b54e-e48d85737bda
  5. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  6. How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase: OK guys I'm not even even really sure on where this is supposed to go or to whom exactly I'm completely like lost and confused actually over here I I've been playing a game basically for like...
  7. xbox app & microsoft store greyed out

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app & microsoft store greyed out: xbox app & microsoft store greyed out, tried everything true cmd, powershell & win repair a93c398d-29d8-4a82-a8a8-61812bc600ab
  8. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  9. Xbox app fsils to updste with specific error

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app fsils to updste with specific error: Hello everyone, I am having exactly this issue : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-0x80070426-when-i-try-to-start-xbox/403f8e9b-2afc-4c32-9230-aa59b4732531...
  10. External HDD not launching games or apps

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD not launching games or apps: Updated to the latest preview (21/04/2024) and now after I launch an app thats installed to my HDD it just loads indefinitely then stops and gives an error for taking to long to load, when I...