Xbox app party feature not using correct microphone

Discus and support Xbox app party feature not using correct microphone in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Before the update my phone would make my xbox party i joined into a call and would either use my headphone mic or my speaker as the microphone... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Red_Dead_Retardation, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Xbox app party feature not using correct microphone

Before the update my phone would make my xbox party i joined into a call and would either use my headphone mic or my speaker as the microphone depending on which was hooked up. Now it detects the mic from both the speaker and headphones and is no longer seen as a call, how can i fix this?

submitted by /u/Red_Dead_Retardation
    [link] [comments]

/u/Red_Dead_Retardation, Nov 23, 2022
  2. zionTaylor1 Win User

Xbox App "We can't find your microphone" bug. [PC]

So on the xbox app I am able to create party chats but enable to speak or hear anyone. My microphone and speakers work fine on every other app except this one. When I make a party it says "We can't find your microphone". There is no option to choose my playback
    and recording device (for some reason it's not a feature in the app). Anyone know a fix?
  3. BiohazardBR Win User

Creating xbox party on windows desktop is missing

Hi there,

Are you sure about that?

Open the xbox app on windows 10 by searching for "Xbox" in the start menu. Click on the cogwheel settings icon on the left. In the general tab, scroll down to party and check that the correct microphone and speakers you want to use are selected. In the top
    right corner, select the party icon to open the party bar, on the right side of the app. Select start a party, then select onvite and then Invite to party to add friends to the chat. Select party options to lock the party to invite only, mute the chat, or
    alter settings.
  4. Miss Bijoux Win User

headset problems

Hey there -

So the issue is specifically limited to sending Xbox Live voice messages, not party chat, correct? Has she tried unplugging the microphone and plugging it back in to see if that works? Do you have another controller you can try? And what kind of microphone
    is she using? Can you double check that her account's privacy settings are set to allow messages to/from the correct parties as well?

Keep us posted!
  5. Christyna64 Win User

Microfone no Fortnite -[Translation - Microphone in Fortnite]

Are you using a headset, or the Xbox app on your phone for party chat?

You can try reinstalling the app, also check that the Xbox app has microphone permissions.
  6. xDetroitLegend Win User

Detailed Xbox Party Chat Issue REPORT

I think I figured out the fix. Go into settings>privacy>Microphone and make sure you let the apps use your mic. uncheck the programs that you don't want to use the microphone and try to join a party using the xbox app.
Thema:

Xbox app party feature not using correct microphone

1. Xbox app party feature not using correct microphone - Similar Threads - app party feature

2. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  3. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  4. Xbox App Party Wont Pick Up Mic Properly

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox App Party Wont Pick Up Mic Properly: The Xbox app is able to pick up my mic and I can see it in the device properties settings in the Xbox game bar, but in a party I cant talk despite the mic being picked up. I can hear people in the...
  5. My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.: So I've been having a lot o trouble with my Xbox app on PC. When my friends try to invite me to their party or game I don't receive any notification, nor invitation, to the Xbox app on my PC,...
  6. How do I fix the Xbox app pc party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix the Xbox app pc party chat?: Ever since I got the latest update, I haven't been able to talk or listen to my friends in a party. I have been both repairing and resetting both the game bar and the Xbox app, and nothing has...
  7. Party chat not working on PC app

in XboX Insiders
    Party chat not working on PC app: As title says party chat won’t work on my PC app. I can join party but cannot hear anyone and cannot talk. I have check that I have the right headphones and speakers connected. My app is fully...
  8. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...
  9. Hi my Xbox one app party is not working for me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi my Xbox one app party is not working for me: How do I fix my Xbox one app for the Xbox one party on the app to work da2d1460-7907-48d6-9670-7cecb767b0db
  10. Xbox game pass app party chat not a feature. Clearly it doesn't work. Prove me wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass app party chat not a feature. Clearly it doesn't work. Prove me wrong: Xbox game pass app chat not working or never did ab59630e-e78e-4c47-9c2c-b2117ca6cd50