Xbox app party chat stops working when I close the app

Discus and support Xbox app party chat stops working when I close the app in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have to leave my house for Thanksgiving, but I want to play minecraft with my friends. My issue is that in the xbox app, when I join a party then... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Bigfoot21801, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Bigfoot21801
    Bigfoot21801 Guest

I have to leave my house for Thanksgiving, but I want to play minecraft with my friends. My issue is that in the xbox app, when I join a party then leave the app to open minecraft (Xbox app open in the background) my mic stops working. I can still hear my friends, but they can't hear me. Is there a workaround to this other than just using discord or Skype etc.?

:)

Bigfoot21801, Nov 23, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Bigfoot21801

Just to confirm, is this happening on the mobile app. Right?

If that's the case tell me:

Are you using an Android or iOS device?

What device do you have? (model and brand)

Did you tried testing the party chat feature with a different game to see if the issue persists?

And, what did you tried so far to fix this

In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. Bigfoot21801 Win User

Yeah, this is mobile on android, I guess I should have said that. I've tried just leaving the app and not opening any others, and if I remember correctly, it did the same thing. We've tried some things like changing headsets, but I don't really think that there is much else to test to get the exact issue. When I'm in a call on my phone, I get a little green dot in the top right corner which is there at the start but eventually disappears after about 30 seconds to a minute of having the app in the background. When it disappears, the mic stops working. Like I said, I can still hear my friends, they just can't hear me.

Edited to add that I have a galaxy A42 5G
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the extra information

Please tell me:

Your phone has something like a "game mode", "performance mode" or similar?

Or an system optimizer app?

If yes, please try turning off these apps or this game/performance mode and try again
  5. poover Win User

xbox party chat

I'm also unable to hear or chat when in a party when I stream an xbox game on my desktop via the Xbox App; once I stop streaming - chat is restored.
  6. Mrs Sweetcorn Win User

xbox app iphone

Check that your app is up to date, and that you have good signal or wifi connection.

The only time the app ever stops working for me is when i've been in a party chat for over an hour, but all it does is end the chat and I can start a new one.
Thema:

1. Xbox app party chat stops working when I close the app - Similar Threads - app party chat

2. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  3. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  4. Xbox App Party Wont Pick Up Mic Properly

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox App Party Wont Pick Up Mic Properly: The Xbox app is able to pick up my mic and I can see it in the device properties settings in the Xbox game bar, but in a party I cant talk despite the mic being picked up. I can hear people in the...
  5. How do I fix the Xbox app pc party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix the Xbox app pc party chat?: Ever since I got the latest update, I haven't been able to talk or listen to my friends in a party. I have been both repairing and resetting both the game bar and the Xbox app, and nothing has...
  6. Party chat not working on PC app

in XboX Insiders
    Party chat not working on PC app: As title says party chat won’t work on my PC app. I can join party but cannot hear anyone and cannot talk. I have check that I have the right headphones and speakers connected. My app is fully...
  7. Xbox game pass app party chat not a feature. Clearly it doesn't work. Prove me wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass app party chat not a feature. Clearly it doesn't work. Prove me wrong: Xbox game pass app chat not working or never did ab59630e-e78e-4c47-9c2c-b2117ca6cd50
  8. Is it possible to screen record Xbox party chat in the Xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to screen record Xbox party chat in the Xbox app?: Is it possible to screen record Xbox party chat in the Xbox app? 1f402a61-7cea-4235-91de-ddb27b93fe7d
  9. Party chat hangs on "joining" and eventually times out on Android Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat hangs on "joining" and eventually times out on Android Xbox app: “Trying to use party voice chat on Xbox mobile app.. We can invite each other to party. It will show both as "joining" the party, but the party will never start and it eventually times out. both...
  10. Why can I only hear Party chat audio and not game audio ,app audio or console audio through...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can I only hear Party chat audio and not game audio ,app audio or console audio through...: Last night i was not having this issue but it has seemed to arise an I have tried to fix it multiple times and nothing has worked. I cant use Headset chat mixer because its greyed out so that's...