Xbox App on Windows 11 wouldnt let me use a different acct

Discus and support Xbox App on Windows 11 wouldnt let me use a different acct in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The Xbox App wouldnt let me Sign Out and then Sign In using a different Xbox account. Even if uninstalled, if I install again, Xbox FORCES me to use... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EmmaZolotarenko, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Xbox App on Windows 11 wouldnt let me use a different acct

The Xbox App wouldnt let me Sign Out and then Sign In using a different Xbox account.

Even if uninstalled, if I install again, Xbox FORCES me to use the current acct of my computer, but I have different devices and I already PAID for another account.

What a piece of trash is Microsoft.

:)

EmmaZolotarenko, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Let's do our best to sort that out.

Please check if there's an Xbox Console Companion app installed on your PC. Make sure to sign out your other account there as well.

You may also delete all Xbox-related accounts on your Windows Credential manager.
    - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/accessing...

Let me know if that works.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

i can only play minecraft windows 7 with windows 10???

Yeah, Minecraft launcher for Windows 10/11 requires Xbox identity app due to that app was created on windows 10 launch

There is no way to install Xbox identity provider app on windows 8 and older systems (these apps uses a different file type from the regular .exe)

Try installing instead windows 7 64 bits and let me know how it goes
  4. Chandler Family Win User

Unable to log into Microsoft account on games and Xbox

Thanks Nathan,

Account isn't linked to a family account.

I did notice that it had my Brother in laws Xbox as a connected device (used when we last visited them).

I've unlinked the account from the xbox, so the PC is the only linked device now.

However error still exists on this user.

To help understand situation, I'll try clarify how I have users set up in Windows & xbox;

[Chandler.family xbox acct] - app account originally used for Minecraft on ipad

{Daughters windows acct} - created using different Outlook email address.

(I've transferred this to a local user account today. issue still exists.)

Linked xbox acct login on daughters windows acct, and up until a couple of weeks ago worked flawlessly, still works on her ipad without issue.

Only recently has the PC login issue arisen. Not sure if recent software update or potentially a background security update for xbox app has caused this issue.

Problem is because of purchase history on xbox acct, not willing to create a new one under windows acct details without being able to transfer these purchases over.

*EDIT* - Just tried logging into the xbox app using other xbox accounts (both mine & my sons) and app shows same error regardless of account attempting to log in.
  5. RicardoReyes4 Win User

Keeping downloaded Games off of xbox360 HDD

I understand that is how it is currently setup. What I do not understand is ... My Windows 10 xbox acct IS my xbox 360 acct. If the games are available to redownload on a 360 with signing into my xbox acct and I use the exact same acct to set up my windows
    10 xbox app, along with the games being available for both devices ... I should be able to download a compatible version for any device I use my 1 and only acct on, especially since I have already purchased the game title on my xbox acct... How does one do
    that??
  6. SuperSquid177 Win User

trouble purchasing a bundle. HAVE REFERENCE NUMBER

im trying to purchase the "gta5 great white card shark bundle". I have 2 xbox live accts on my xbox1. sons acct will not let me buy for 30 days bc of acct changes. his acct the bundle costs $32. now, MY (the other) acct on same xbox WILL let me purchase,
    but for $33 more! it wants $75 using mine?????

PLEASE someone help me to buy this TODAY for the $33 price...
Thema:

1. Xbox App on Windows 11 wouldnt let me use a different acct - Similar Threads - App Windows wouldnt

2. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  5. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  6. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  7. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  8. how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything: pls help i am having issues launching the xbox app on pc and only leaves me on the updating screen with the logo on it 608bf44c-2b36-4960-9b0a-e8ac99046022
  9. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  10. Need help with xbox app on Windows

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with xbox app on Windows: For the last 2 weeks I been trying to use the xbox app on pc and no matter what I do my headset doesn't work in parties. My mic isn't muted in anyway because it shows it working in the test area....