Xbox app on Windows 11 virtual machine login issues

Discus and support Xbox app on Windows 11 virtual machine login issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have just created a Windows 11 VM on my M1 imac and installed the Xbox app to play some PC games for Windows on Game Pass. Unforutnely the app will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by robinjporter342, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Xbox app on Windows 11 virtual machine login issues

I have just created a Windows 11 VM on my M1 imac and installed the Xbox app to play some PC games for Windows on Game Pass. Unforutnely the app will not allow me to log in. When clicking the login button nothing happens.

I've installed and reinstalled, the services are all running fine and nothing seems to work.

Anyone experience this?

Thanks,

Robin

:)

robinjporter342, Nov 21, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You’re working under emulation on different unsupported by Microsoft hardware, which breaks the security

You’ll have to ask parallels to make it work, if it is even possible
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this robinjporter342

Unfortunately is not possible to play games on M1 Macs due to the processor architecture (ARM)

I don't know what virtualization program you're using, but for example on Parallels Desktop you can only play via cloud gaming, is not possible to install games

[​IMG]
  4. Rostom L Win User

Switching profiles in game

Hi there!

Are you using a Windows 10 or Windows 11 machine?

Technically, your account should be synchronized across all Xbox services and applications on your PC.

May I know the specific apps you use to login separately?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

How to set up OpenTrack IR head tracking on PC Gamepass games?

Oh, sorry that it didn't work. Probably Microsoft change it on the most recents Windows updates.

Sincerely you're the first one that mention something like this.

About the third party app, I can advise you something before installing it on your machine.

Something that I do when I want to try party apps that I don't know what's going to do or how they work is create/open a virtual machine and install the app there.

You can try that, download Virtual box or any other virtualization app and install Windows there.

In case you're not familiarized with this I'm gonna paste a quick and easy tutorial to follow up for virtual box (it's says for Windows 11 but is the same if you do it with 10):

https://blogs.oracle.com/virtualization/post/in...

In case you need it you can download ISO file using link below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

https://software.download.prss.microsoft.com/pr...
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox app on Windows 11 can't install any game on ARM devices

well as arm is not a supported architecture for windows 11 and that most of the games in the xbox app require x32 or x64 you will have issues even in a virtual environment. the xbox app places the games in a secure folder, this folder has to be on an ntfs drive or it will not work.
Thema:

1. Xbox app on Windows 11 virtual machine login issues - Similar Threads - app Windows virtual

2. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  5. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  6. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  7. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  8. how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything: pls help i am having issues launching the xbox app on pc and only leaves me on the updating screen with the logo on it 608bf44c-2b36-4960-9b0a-e8ac99046022
  9. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  10. Need help with xbox app on Windows

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with xbox app on Windows: For the last 2 weeks I been trying to use the xbox app on pc and no matter what I do my headset doesn't work in parties. My mic isn't muted in anyway because it shows it working in the test area....