XBOX app on Windows 11 Home PC issues

Discus and support XBOX app on Windows 11 Home PC issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Has anyone else ran into the games not wanting to play on the XBOX app for PC? I have tried all the troubleshooting I can find: run all app updates,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rockhound77, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Rockhound77
    Rockhound77 Guest

Has anyone else ran into the games not wanting to play on the XBOX app for PC? I have tried all the troubleshooting I can find: run all app updates, checking and installing windows updates, restart PC many times. Uninstall and reinstall XBOX app. Then I tried uninstall game to reinstall, but I can not install game because it says storage is not set for intalling games. I double checked my storage settings on both SSD and HDD but still can not install or play ANY games on XBOX app. Epic and Steam games work properly..

HELP!!! I am going nuts trying to figure this out, probably something simple I am overlooking HOPEFULLY!!!!

:)

Rockhound77, Sep 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Rockhound77

Are you trying to install the games on a partition different than C: drive?
    If yes, please double check if the desired partition is formatted as NTFS
    Open file explorer > my computer > right click on the desired drive > properties > next to file system

If the drive is not formatted as NTFS, please format it (most of the Xbox PC app games has this requirement)

If the drive is already formatted check if you already have it selected here:
    Open windows settings > system > Storage > advance storage options (only windows 11) > where new content is saved > under apps select the drive.

--------
    If everything already looks in both cases, try Reinstall Gaming Services using powershell command

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:
    "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Will Xbox series x controller work with Windows 11

Of course. Why not.

The Xbox app Game Pass App is going to come pre-installed on Windows 11, and Microsft want users to connect their controllers trouble free to the new OS.

The biggest issue would be to check if your PC is compatible for Windows 11, not your controllers.

In any event, Win 11 won't suddenly make Win 10 obsolete.
  4. LokeshDokara Win User

All text is bug_me in Injustice 2

I am playing on Windows 11 PC. Installed the game using Xbox App.
  5. Gordon Grant1 Win User

How to share Xbox Game Pass Ultimate with Family Members

Thanks for your speedy response! I am trying to share my Game Pass account on my home PC. So I have XBOX app on my Windows 11 PC. I would like my son to login to the app with his XBOX account.

So this means that I can share the games on the console with him but I can't share them on the PC with him?
  6. Zenxcity Win User

Xbox related apps are broken

I'm and I'm here to help you.

Im more then happy to help you.

Im sorry that your experiencing problems with the xbox apps

There are a few problems with the xbox app at the moment.

I can’t do anything because im not an employee

Kind Regards

The “Xbox” app on my PC, and “Game Bar” will not work. I tried a bunch of different solutions, I even reset my pc and upgraded from windows 10 > windows 11, but nothing is working. When I open the “Xbox” app it just pops up for a second (black screen with white xbox logo in the middle) then it closes, and “Game Bar” wont open at all. Can someone please help?

(Windows 11 Home 23H2)
Thema:

1. XBOX app on Windows 11 Home PC issues - Similar Threads - app Windows Home

2. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  5. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  6. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  7. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  8. how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything: pls help i am having issues launching the xbox app on pc and only leaves me on the updating screen with the logo on it 608bf44c-2b36-4960-9b0a-e8ac99046022
  9. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  10. Need help with xbox app on Windows

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with xbox app on Windows: For the last 2 weeks I been trying to use the xbox app on pc and no matter what I do my headset doesn't work in parties. My mic isn't muted in anyway because it shows it working in the test area....