Xbox App On Windows 10: Party Chat is Always Blocked

Discus and support Xbox App On Windows 10: Party Chat is Always Blocked in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi. I just recently got a pc and I was always playing with my friends on Xbox One before. So thankfully I could keep talking to them over the Xbox app... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Raspberry Tech, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Xbox App On Windows 10: Party Chat is Always Blocked

Hi. I just recently got a pc and I was always playing with my friends on Xbox One before. So thankfully I could keep talking to them over the Xbox app on my pc while they were still on Xbox. It worked fine for about a week, and then suddenly every time
    I tried to join a party it would say I was connecting for about 15 seconds and then it would say I'm disconnected along with text saying "Your network settings are blocking party chat." and [0x89234013]. I've been on the Microsoft support site for that specific
    problem and tried all the possible solutions. Nothing worked. Also I tried connecting to parties on the Xbox app on my phone and it worked perfectly, so I'm pretty sure it isn't my router or anything, even though my connection isn't amazing (10Mbps download,
    0.8Mbps upload). I'm thinking it could be caused by something I downloaded like a vpn service (which is never on when I try to join parties) or something like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Raspberry Tech, Oct 22, 2018
  2. RubenStucky
    RubenStucky Guest
    The party chat isn't working on my windows 10 pc

When i try to join / create a party chat on the windows 10 xbox app it says: Your network blocks party chat [0x89231806]

RubenStucky, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Riztik
    Riztik Guest
    Network error [0x89231806]

I cannot join anybodies party through the xbox app on windows 10. I get this Network error [0x89231806] and it says network settings block chat for some people at the top

Riztik, Oct 22, 2018
  4. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest

OK Fowl, Oct 22, 2018
  5. OK Fowl Win User

6. XBF George L Win User

Xbox App on Windows 10 - Server Blocked - Teredo Filter

7. mistur niceguy Win User

Error code: 0x89231806 Blocking Party chat

Hey, all. For folks hitting this issue on the Xbox App on Windows 10, please try the steps listed here:

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-party-chat

Through our investigations we've found a few different issues that tend to pop up on Windows 10 devices with regarding Party Chat:

1. Teredo adapter not functioning normally.

2. Windows Firewall being shut down (sometimes by third party security software), blocking Teredo connectivity.

3. Third party security software blocking Teredo connectivity.

The steps in the link above walk through some workarounds for the most common scenarios we've encountered.
  8. Wilfred Mac Win User

Cannot connect to party xbox live

Hi,

Server error is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to connect to the party chat Xbox live on the Xbox app. To help you resolve this issue, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried using a different profile and check if the issue persist?
    • Were you able to connect to the party chat before?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app on your computer?

In the meantime, we recommend that you perform all the troubleshooting steps provided on the links below:

Xbox app server connectivity on Windows 10 is blocked

Xbox app NAT type on Windows 10 displays “Teredo is unable to qualify”
  9. XBF George L Win User

problème réseau application Xbox Windows 10 (Mod Translation: Network problem application Xbox Windows 10 )

Thema:

1. Xbox App On Windows 10: Party Chat is Always Blocked - Similar Threads - App Windows Party

2. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  5. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  6. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  7. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  8. how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything: pls help i am having issues launching the xbox app on pc and only leaves me on the updating screen with the logo on it 608bf44c-2b36-4960-9b0a-e8ac99046022
  9. Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party: Using the Xbox app / Gamebar on Windows 11 for voice chat in a party. After I leave the party, I can see the microphone icon in my taskbar indicating that my microphone is still in use. Hovering...
  10. I am having issues with voice parties on the xbox app on windows 11

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am having issues with voice parties on the xbox app on windows 11: This is the error i get on the xbox app https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/408402899618627586/1154584579223588964/image.png The error i get is Something went wrong with your party please try...