Xbox app on Surface Pro X

Discus and support Xbox app on Surface Pro X in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hi all, I've got a Surface Pro X, and I'm wondering when a compatible version of the Xbox app will be released. Currently, only the Xbox Console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Ben Morrison, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Ben Morrison
    Ben Morrison Guest

Hi all,

I've got a Surface Pro X, and I'm wondering when a compatible version of the Xbox app will be released. Currently, only the Xbox Console Companion app is available, which lacks some of the key features of the newer Xbox app. For example, you cannot stream from an Xbox Series X or S console to the Surface Pro X. The Console Companion app only supports streaming from an Xbox One series console.

To me it just doesn't make sense that I can stream from my Series X console to the Xbox app on my iPhone, yet I can't stream to Microsoft's own Surface Pro X device.

Thanks,

Ben

P.S. - Might be time to have someone go through the various "get help" pages and correct the broken links. And there's at least one link to the internal MSFT Sharepoint that purports to link to a list of all the GamePass PC games.

:)

Ben Morrison, Jul 1, 2021
  2. skater77i Win User

Help running Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) on Surface Pro X

3. Ben Morrison Win User

You’re confusing XCloud, which uses a remote data center Toruń the game like you’re watching Netflix, to a local stream on your local network.

Windows 11 launches in a few months as a free update and wil likely contain the updated app
    Incorrect, but thank you for your response. The issue of Windows 11 and whether or not it will run on the Surface Pro X is completely separate discussion. Perhaps the next iteration of the PC Health Check tool will provide more insight there.

Back to my original point, where I was attempting to stream from my Xbox Series X, via an app on the Surface Pro X. Below, see a screen snip of the Xbox Console Companion App, when I try to stream to my Surface Pro X:

[​IMG]

and here is the Xbox app on my iPhone:

[​IMG]

So I can play games on my Series X from my iPhone, but not from my Surface Pro X. THAT's what the issue is.

For the record, xCloud does work on the Surface - when I tested Destiny 2 with it yesterday, there was some hitching during cinematic scenes, though audio was fine. Once in game, there was noticeable input lag though... all of which was submitted as feedback.

Thanks,

Ben
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

You’re confusing XCloud, which uses a remote data center Toruń the game like you’re watching Netflix, to a local stream on your local network.

Windows 11 launches in a few months as a free update and wil likely contain the updated app
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Surface Pro X เล่น Xbox Game pass ไม่ได้

สวัสดี!

น่าเสียดายที่ Game Pass ไม่สามารถใช้งานร่วมกับ Surface Pro X. Pro X เป็นแท็บเล็ต Windows 10 ที่มีหน่วยประมวลผล ARM Game Pass ต้องการอุปกรณ์ที่ใช้ตัวประมวลผล X86 / 64

Translation

Hello!

Unfortunately, Game Pass is not compatible with Surface Pro X. Pro X is a Windows 10 tablet that uses an ARM processor. Game Pass requires devices that use an X86 / 64 processor.
  6. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Xbox Series X remote play on Surface Pro X?

Hi, Roskopi7,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. Thank you for reaching out to Xbox Forums. I see that you have a Surface Pro X and attempted to set up remote play via your Surface device. Unfortunately, your Surface Pro X at the moment will not work with the Xbox App as it is not compatible with Arm processors. What is ARM? Windows ARM-based PCs FAQ The surface pro X uses an arm processor, so this device does not work, unlike an intel or AMD CPU that runs x86 applications/software. You can play via the Edge browser at xbox.com/play. If you wish to remote play on your Surface device, my suggestion is to return or exchange the device for a Surface Pro 7 or 8, which uses Intel-based CPUs and has more compatibility.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as “Answered.”
Thema:

1. Xbox app on Surface Pro X - Similar Threads - app Surface Pro

2. Xbox App crashing/closing (windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App crashing/closing (windows 10): Suddenly out of no where the xbox app wouldn't open but just close instantly. I tried restarting pc and repairing and restarting xbox app or even reinstalling it. I even tried reinstalling...
  3. Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games

in XboX Insiders
    Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games: I love that Basic Touch works with remote play. It has been glorious playing BG3, D4, Harold Halibut all in my bed or even my commute IF the connection is stable enough. But, why cant this just...
  4. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  5. Missing components for the xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Missing components for the xbox app: [img] I've tried to update it, repair it, reset it and reinstall it but this pops up everytime I open this app [img] e6eef009-e70c-422d-b54e-e48d85737bda
  6. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  7. How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase: OK guys I'm not even even really sure on where this is supposed to go or to whom exactly I'm completely like lost and confused actually over here I I've been playing a game basically for like...
  8. why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...: why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro? Does it have access to any of my information? Why would I want xbox app to control my device? I don't...
  9. I can't log in or use my Xbox app on my Microsoft surface proX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in or use my Xbox app on my Microsoft surface proX: When I try to log into the Xbox game app it will load forever on the black screen with the white Xbox logo. I can wait and wait forever, and nothing will ever happen. I can right click on the...
  10. Xbox Game Pass app v2306.38.531 crashes at start on Surface Duo (1)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass app v2306.38.531 crashes at start on Surface Duo (1): The Xbox Game Pass app for Android crashes at start on a freshly set up Surface Duo (1st generation) with the latest Android 12 OS update from the end of May 2023 as well as the latest app update...