Xbox app on PC

Discus and support Xbox app on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I've been talking with a lot of my gaming buddies, both PC and Console. As well as discussing this in other gaming forums and have only gotten... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JamesKBrown, Sep 12, 2020.

  1. JamesKBrown
    JamesKBrown Guest

    Xbox app on PC


    So I've been talking with a lot of my gaming buddies, both PC and Console. As well as discussing this in other gaming forums and have only gotten positive feedback.

    With the new-gen Xbox's practically being a PC, they (Microsoft) should jump at the open niche and start bridging that gap.

    The new Xbox app should essentially allow your PC to work completely as an Xbox as well.

    I came up with a few ideas I think they include in the Xbox App. I would love to hear anybody else's ideas on this and opinions:

    • integrated into OS but with separate GUI (Xbox already runs on windows 10 anyway right?)
    • allows running of outside apps i.e. STEAM (non-Xbox games) through the app
    • backward compatible with all Xbox games (I would love to be able to download and play some classic Xbox games)
    • allows outside controller support (USB Controllers i.e. gamepads, joysticks, steering wheels)
    • custom control mapping for controllers
    • hardware scan (for initial setup and hardware changes) and a benchmark to auto-set graphic settings for games based on hardware performance

    :)
     
    JamesKBrown, Sep 12, 2020
    #1
  2. Pompeius Magnus CXV Win User

    INSALING XBOX GAME ON PC

    Is it possible to install an xbox game on pc and play it?
    Hello, This is Elijah.

    Microsoft/Xbox allows players to "Buy once, Play Anywhere" on PC or Xbox. The game list is extensive but does not cover all.

    Simply visit

    https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

    if you own the game (make sure to sign in first) you can play any of those games, on PC or Xbox.

    Xbox Game Pass Owners have access to the Xbox App (PC) games that are installable to PC and Xbox.

    Visit https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-pc for Xbox App (PC) for the official app for PC.
  3. Christyna64 Win User

    Buying gifts

    Have you tried using Microsoft Store app on a PC, or the Xbox app on PC?
  4. x PAYLOAD x Win User

    Game Pass on both platforms.

  5. Mr ZEMM Win User

    Chat history gone in Xbox-app

    Anyone use Xbox app on PC?

    All my chat history is gone except from the last few days of chat.

    Everything is ok on Xbox app Beta, Phone app and Console.
    So how come my chat history is missing on Xbox-app on PC, but everything ok on Xbox-app Beta on PC, Phone-app, Console and Xbox Game Bar? Only Xbox-app is missing chat history. Happened after last update.

    I can use Xbox-app Beta until the issue has been solved, but prefer the usual Xbox-app on PC.

    Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
  6. Smwutches Win User

    Why can't I add a custom PFP on Xbox?

    Are you trying to use the Xbox app on a PC or mobile? The PC app doesn't have that feature.
Thema:

Xbox app on PC

Loading...
  1. Xbox app on PC - Similar Threads - app

  2. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  3. Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox: I've already had it on my PC and console, now I need on the mobile app to see how they gonna look on there. Keep it up with the good work guys submitted by /u/marcelu2k23 [link] [comments]
  4. mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.

    in XboX Insiders
    mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.: so yesterday with the rollout of disc to digital to the public i put i my mass effect legendary edition in my console to convert it disc to digital and i did just that but however though it shows...
  5. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  6. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  7. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  8. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  9. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  10. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]