Xbox App on PC won't allow me to change my installation location to my D: Drive

Discus and support Xbox App on PC won't allow me to change my installation location to my D: Drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently I have purchased Xbox Game Pass on my Windows 11 PC however I cannot change my installation to my D: Drive and get the drive issue "D: - This... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by isaacbiss, Jul 24, 2023.

1. isaacbiss
    isaacbiss Guest

Recently I have purchased Xbox Game Pass on my Windows 11 PC however I cannot change my installation to my D: Drive and get the drive issue "D: - This drive isn't formatted as NTFS. (it is NTFS)

I checked my sector size and its not 4K. I have tried split partitioning the D: Drive to F: Drive at 4096 sector size and when I click the F: Drive on the Xbox app it switches back to C: Drive automatically.

Is there a way to resolve this issue? I have seen it online alot and after so much troubleshooting end up right where I started with no fix.

Thanks.

Xbox App on PC won't allow me to change my installation location to my D: Drive [​IMG]

Xbox App on PC won't allow me to change my installation location to my D: Drive [​IMG]

:)

isaacbiss, Jul 24, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Geri M. Win User

Hello isaacbiss,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are having issues installing games to Drive C of your PC.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern.

To change the install drive on Xbox app, you can follow these steps:

1. Open Xbox app.
    2. On the top-right corner, click on your profile and select settings.
    3. Click on General and then navigate to Change, where this app installs games by default.
    4. Select the drive you want to install your games.

Alternatively, you can right-click on the game’s icon in the left navbar and choose Manage. Click on the Files tab in the window that appears, then the Change drive under Options. Click on Change Drive under Options to choose a different folder.

Another one possible solution is to delete the GamingServices and GamingServicesNet registry keys in RegEdit. Another possible issue is corrupted installation folders, which can be fixed by forcing the Xbox app to recreate them. Additionally, missing Windows Update KB5004476 can cause installation issues, which can be fixed by installing the update via the Microsoft Update Catalog. Other possible solutions include resetting the Microsoft Store app, reinstalling Gaming Services, and repairing the Xbox app.

You can also visit this link for more information. Game installation issues on PC | Xbox Support.

We hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  4. David Wirsching Win User

A game displaying Error code: (0xc06d007e). Not starting.

5. LowPolyGav Win User

Can't change installation location from C: to D: drive at all

Nope, that didn't solve the issue. Still only giving me the option for my C: drive. I should note that the app does show my D: drive in the settings but won't save it as a default installation spot but whenever I go to download a game it won't let me change it
  6. WRX4life300 Win User

Forza Horizon 3 Will not download

Found the problem. Had to change the default save location for apps from the windows store from my main drive (C:) to my game drive (D:). There appears to be a problem with the drop-down menu save location. Now it is installing without issue
Thema:

1. Xbox App on PC won't allow me to change my installation location to my D: Drive - Similar Threads - App won't allow

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.: This problem started around a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found anything about it online since. I'm running a very beefy PC which uses Windows 11 and all of the Microsoft apps used to work...
  4. Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?: So yesterday I downloaded the Xbox app hoping to connect with friends, download game, etc. But when I clicked sign in I pressed my account then continue, as it normally should. I was put back into...
  5. Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?: I can't load the Xbox App for PC. It will launch, try to do an update, then just say sorry something went wrong. with the error code: 0x80070426. b5278f38-e428-4d88-a5fd-95d065a39f4a
  6. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  7. Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion won't allow a different account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion won't allow a different account: My son-in-law signed into his xbox account on my PC and now my xbox app and xbox console companion app won't let me sign him out (nor will my Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games app). Everytime I...
  8. Xbox app won't allow me to install games as my drive isn't NTFS formatted

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app won't allow me to install games as my drive isn't NTFS formatted: So as the title says I can't install games, however I already installed Halo, Forza Horizon and Sea of Thieves before I started getting this error message. Seeing as this issue kinda stops me...
  9. Windows 10 Xbox App won't allow me to download any of my videos from Xbox live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 Xbox App won't allow me to download any of my videos from Xbox live.: I used to be able to download videos from Xbox Live onto my PC, but since I moved the Captures folder to another drive, I am unable to download anything. I have tried moving the folder back,...
  10. Hulu app won't allow B button to go back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hulu app won't allow B button to go back: Since a recent Hulu app update the B button will no longer take you back to any previous screen. Otherwise everything else works. The only way out is to use the guide button and exit the app....