Xbox App on PC refuses to detect already existing files

Discus and support Xbox App on PC refuses to detect already existing files in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This has been a real frustration for me, and has happened at least thrice now to the point of ad nauseam. Whenever I do some sort of major update... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/_MeltedCheese_, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Xbox App on PC refuses to detect already existing files

This has been a real frustration for me, and has happened at least thrice now to the point of ad nauseam. Whenever I do some sort of major update (whether Windows, Store or the Xbox App itself), the Xbox App borks out and it instantly discounts an installation despite the files already existing. To add salt to the wound, the app starts downloading in a new folder with _1 suffix, completely ignoring the previous folder.

Ffs, this is such a basic feature that Steam, EA Desktop/Origin, Ubisoft Connect, GoG etc. all have. How hard can it be to have a feature that increases user convenience and lessens frustration?

This feature should be the highest priority for any game launcher/client/store/app.

submitted by /u/_MeltedCheese_
    [link] [comments]

/u/_MeltedCheese_, Mar 17, 2022
  2. PeterSmal1 Win User

Forza Horozin 5 Download

Won't the Xbox App detect the files if I just say install again?
  3. Roadrippah Win User

Trojan detected in Xbox app

Have you ran other detection tools other than Kaspersky? Something else could be doing it rather than the xbox app.
    I have run a malwarebytes scan and it detects nothing, but maybe because kaspersky already removed it? Not sure, what's the use of the WpSystem folder, the file seems to be pretty deep in the directory to be found
  4. ArminatorX Win User

How is there Malware on my Xbox One?

For everyone saying that it is impossible, I thought so too but, my ISP has Snapshot pics. I will post it and it shows that my Xbox and PC was hacked.
    Most certainly this is a false positive.

Also interesting would be, how is your ISP detecting which device is an Xbox and which is a PC, and how are they detecting the infection?

Both the SIMDA and CryptoWall viruses are launched via EXE files.

The Xbox One can't run Exe files. Executables on the Xbox One are XBE files, and as I said previously, unless these files are digitally signed, the console is unable to run them.

Please inform your ISP, that their detection is faulty.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Gamepass Pc

Hi,

Error 0x80070005 is an 'access denied' error code. It means that games and apps can't be installed due to file access restrictions.

Did you use D:\ drive on a previous PC or previous install of Windows 10?

Games and Apps on Windows 10 Store install to a folder called 'WindowsApps', if this folder already exists on your drive, you won't be able to install games.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Flight Simulator - Files there, but can't play.

Thanks for the update. About my second question, I meant :

If you hit on the install button, the download starts from the scratch?

If yes, that means you need to download the game again :c

As far as I know the Xbox app is going to think that you're using a new PC (that's the normal thing when you reinstall windows)
    And as the game "license" is attached to the "previously" PC, the app is not going to recognize the existing files on D: file
Thema:

Xbox App on PC refuses to detect already existing files

1. Xbox App on PC refuses to detect already existing files - Similar Threads - App refuses detect

2. How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase: OK guys I'm not even even really sure on where this is supposed to go or to whom exactly I'm completely like lost and confused actually over here I I've been playing a game basically for like...
  3. xbox app & microsoft store greyed out

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app & microsoft store greyed out: xbox app & microsoft store greyed out, tried everything true cmd, powershell & win repair a93c398d-29d8-4a82-a8a8-61812bc600ab
  4. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  5. Xbox app fsils to updste with specific error

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app fsils to updste with specific error: Hello everyone, I am having exactly this issue : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-0x80070426-when-i-try-to-start-xbox/403f8e9b-2afc-4c32-9230-aa59b4732531...
  6. Xbox app refuses to start need some help.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app refuses to start need some help.: So when i start my xbox app i get an error message saying "cant find program" and then i get a black updating screen stuck on 0% Any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/CeilingCrawler...
  7. I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.: For some reason my 7 (maybe) year old Xbox one won’t start up apps or games saying “for some reason [x] took too long to open”. I tried power restarting it (I think that was the name for it) I...
  8. PC Xbox app refuses to sign me in

in XBoX Accessibility
    PC Xbox app refuses to sign me in: Hello, I keep getting on my windows 11 laptop a white screen when I try to sign in on my pc Xbox app then I wait a few seconds and nothing happens for like sign in pop ups or anything as the app...
  9. My nephews Xbox refuses to connect to the app. It is an existing console, on the same wifi,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My nephews Xbox refuses to connect to the app. It is an existing console, on the same wifi,...: My nephews Xbox refuses to connect to the app. It is an existing console, on the same wifi, his account is signed in. It is an Xbox one S. 6a2508e6-0b83-4c23-90a9-495fcdb0063c
  10. XBOX app refuses to allow me to switch accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX app refuses to allow me to switch accounts: I have separate accounts for windows and XBOX. XBOX app automatically sings me into the Windows account and won't let me switch. Even if I get to the screen that says this is not me, clicking on...